No-one has slagged Lawro yet

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 20 Oct 2006 10:11

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.
SpaceCruiser
Seal I don't what's wrong with his prediction. A newly promoted team are playing one of the in form title favourites and he is prediciting a 2-0 win for the latter. It's not as though he's saying we're rubbish and they're going to absolutely spank us.

Considering that the bookies have a 2-0 or 1-0 Arsenal win as their lowest price on the correct score, it's hardly as though he's flying in the face of popular opinion either.

thats the thing he never does, he just looks at what the odds are at the bookies and makes his prediction from that.

In form? Their away form isn't the greatest, is it?

even so, the bookies have the most likely result as a arse win, so thats what lawro has gone for to.

In the league Arsenal's away record is:

Charlton - won 2-1
Man U - won 1-0
Man City lost 1-0

So they've won their last 2 away, including dominating Man U at Old Trafford...I reckon it constitutes a bit of form.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 20 Oct 2006 10:13

http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/mode ... id/1060141

Bookies are giving us a slightly better chance against the arse than Man Utd or the Chelsea Diving Squad

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Oct 2006 10:28

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. well what more would you expect from him? i've said what i think of his predictions before so i don't need to go into that again.

:shock:

Last week you slagged him off for his prediction but he was right and you were wrong :?

Whilst I'm sure he couldn't give a sh*t about an idiot spouting garbage from a torture chamber, back in the real world, most would say that it's you who has far more to learn about this game than Lawrenson.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 20 Oct 2006 10:40

Woodcote Royal
.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. well what more would you expect from him? i've said what i think of his predictions before so i don't need to go into that again.

Last week you slagged him off for his prediction but he was right and you were wrong :?

Whilst I'm sure he couldn't give a sh*t about an idiot spouting garbage from a torture chamber, back in the real world, most would say that it's you who has far more to learn about this game than Lawrenson.

i didn't take into account the cheating that would happen during the game, my perdiction was on the basis of it being a fair and equal competition which it was not.
i admit i was wrong, but not because of the right reasons.

Pridders

by Pridders » 20 Oct 2006 10:51

My heart always say we will win at home, My head say's the Arse are playing some very good football at the moment and I feel that we will get beaten by them on Sunday. I don't think we will get tonked though, We will put up one hell of a fight and when you get beaten by some outstanding football you can sit back and say yeah we got beat but they were very good and the difference in experience and skill showed today.... unlike last sat when I was thinking you cheating c u next tuesdays we should have at least a point from that we were without doubt the better team with players like hunt and sonks really put you over rated chelscums to shame...

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 20 Oct 2006 11:17

What's wrong with that? it's the same as I've predicted no shame losing to a team like Arsenal. Everytime he predicts us to lose we get a result so don't knock it as mentioned I would be more worried if he said a win for us!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 20 Oct 2006 11:18

Jackson Corner no shame losing to a team like Arsenal.

No shame?!? No shame??? I'd be very f*cking upset if we did lose.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Oct 2006 11:53

Woodcote Royal

i didn't take into account the cheating that would happen during the game, my perdiction was on the basis of it being a fair and equal competition which it was not.
i admit i was wrong, but not because of the right reasons.

On another day we might gave got a draw against Chelsea but no game is completely even and, even with 3pts in the bag, I guess 2 'keepers in the Royal Berks thanks to freak accidents evened things up somewhat in their eyes :?

But, the most likely result was that we would lose, as was the case when we played Man U and will be again on Sunday.

Whatever Lawrenson's faults, and he has plenty, he doesnt appear as ridiculous as those who have slagged him off for predicting that we will lose to 3 of the best club sides in Europe.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 20 Oct 2006 11:58

Lawro is fecking hilarious...

...he should be presenting Question of Sport, it'd be a riot!!

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 20 Oct 2006 12:09

Same.
Every.
Week.

Symposium

by Symposium » 20 Oct 2006 12:18

Gordons Cumming BBC got it wrong again.

Apparently Stack is still on loan from Arsenal and ineligible to play. :roll:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 050696.stm

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 80,00.html

readingfc.co.uk So far in January the Royals signed Scott Golbourne from Bristol City, while Sekou Baradji has left after his loan from West Ham expired, and Eric Obinna will depart at the end of the month when his contract runs out.

Graham Stack and Aaron Brown have signed permanent deals, while Conor Sinnott has joined on non-contract terms.

Simieon Howell and Scott Rendell are back from loans at Forest Green.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 20 Oct 2006 12:20

strap I fear he have called this one correctly :(

Same

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Oct 2006 12:25

Can't argue with that either.

M0J0

by M0J0 » 20 Oct 2006 13:26

On another day we might gave got a draw against Chelsea but no game
-----------------------------------------------
is completely even and, even with 3pts in the bag, I guess 2 'keepers in the Royal Berks thanks to freak accidents evened things up somewhat in their eyes :?

But, the most likely result was that we would lose, as was the case when
---------------------------------------------------------
we played Man U and will be again on Sunday.
----------------------------------------------------
Whatever Lawrenson's faults, and he has plenty, he doesnt appear as ridiculous as those who have slagged him off for predicting that we will lose to 3 of the best club sides in Europe.

ON ANOTHER DAY????
how many chances did chelsea have from open play?
don't forget Doyle hit the post, and drogba cleared off his goal line when cudicini had gone walkabout..
on another day ,,with no diving and flukey goals..we could have got 3 points..
I thought this was a Reading supporters site.. support Reading don't go to the game thinking we are gonna get beat..
We have a lot of history with "Lucky lucky Arsenal"
and we are going to beat them

so CMON U RRZZZZZZ

noise

by noise » 20 Oct 2006 13:53

I think our problem with Murty out is what happened last time we had de la Cruz in, he couldn't keep up with the offside line, usually too far back sometimes costing us some offside calls we would have got if it were with Murty.

Petercccccc

by Petercccccc » 20 Oct 2006 13:59

The Gunners have got the bit between their teeth now and if Reading try to play at their high tempo, that will suit Arsenal.

Why would Reading playing a high tempo game suit Arsenal?

There a team that play quick football but i can't see why it would benefit arsenal if Reading are good at it.

Think this could be a really good match coming up.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 20 Oct 2006 19:57

The thing is, Chelsea didn't beat us, they cheated us.

If we take the game to Arsenal, and try to prevent them playing at their best, we may, (inshallah) get something from the game. We knew we were not going to win every game this season, there is no shame in being beaten - fairly.
I suspect the lads will come out wanting to prove a point to all those who believe the Chelsea bull, and will be well up for proving a point- and if they get a point or three, then Readings reputation will be well on the way to being salvaged.

G'ARN URZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 20 Oct 2006 20:39

why do we care what some over payed pundit says about us, he's probaly never seen reading play a match in his life

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Oct 2006 20:56

Some of you reading fans are deluded. We are playing Arsenal FFS, not wolves, palace or sheffield United which were the big games with the SAME team bar seol last season. We are reading they are Arsenal, they have better players some of whom are the best in the world, stop being so childish and moaning about poeple predicting us to loose. There's a chance we could upset the cards, and id love us too, but you have to be realistic. If both teams play well, they will win.

fruits

by fruits » 20 Oct 2006 21:12

FiNeRaIn Some of you reading fans are deluded. We are playing Arsenal FFS, not wolves, palace or sheffield United which were the big games with the SAME team bar seol last season. We are reading they are Arsenal, they have better players some of whom are the best in the world, stop being so childish and moaning about poeple predicting us to loose. There's a chance we could upset the cards, and id love us too, but you have to be realistic. If both teams play well, they will win.

The way to play Arsenal is stick it up em, In the immortal words of Cpl Jones"They do n´t like it up ém, Captain Mainwaring they do n´t like it up ´em " Do not let them settle, chase them all the time, Bolton showed how to play them, if we give them space we are fecked.