Reading FC on U.S. TV: check here for updates

630 posts
Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 01 Oct 2006 14:09

RoyalChicagoFC
--West Ham v. Reading Sunday 1st October scheduled to air LIVE on Setanta Xtra (DirecTV Channel 670) from 9:00 AM Eastern.

Unfortunately old bean, it would appear that is not the case; just a blank screen at the RY Ranch on channel 670 - may have to watch the game "live at five".

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 01 Oct 2006 14:18

Royal Yank
RoyalChicagoFC West Ham v. Reading Sunday 1st October scheduled to air LIVE on Setanta Xtra (DirecTV Channel 670) from 9:00 AM Eastern.

Unfortunately old bean, it would appear that is not the case; just a blank screen at the RY Ranch on channel 670 - may have to watch the game "live at five".

Well, that's nothing short of disgraceful, and I can only hope that it's a local problem. I've been in contact with two pub managers --one here in town, and another in Tampa-- who gave me varying degrees of assurance that the match would be on, on live, and showing as such in their establishments.

To say that I'm furious would be an egregious understatement. There are responsible parties somewhere whom I'd punch in the face over this. Thanks for the news in any case RY.

Burnsey_Y25

by Burnsey_Y25 » 01 Oct 2006 14:50

how do i watch todays game for free?

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 02 Oct 2006 21:02

For those who may have missed Seol's screamer (or who didn't but would like to see it again) --and for Sir Steve's must-see postmatch remarks...

Premier League Review Show repeat broadcast tonite, Monday, from 6:00 PM Eastern. If this word is reaching you too late, set the recorder for another airing from 5:00 AM Eastern this Thursday morning. Just for your knowledge, the WHU-Reading match is reviewed beginning at some point shortly after the midpoint of the hour, right after Charlton-Arsenal.

West Ham v. Reading repeat broadcast in full on Setanta Sports this Thursday 5th October from 8:00 PM Eastern

Next up:
Chelsea (H) Saturday 14th October: Airs LIVE on FSC from 12:15 PM Eastern and again from 2:00 AM Sunday morning (11:00 PM Saturday on the West Coast)

Those planning farther ahead please see first post in this thread.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 12 Oct 2006 00:29

Excellent news looking foward: Liverpool and Fulham away scheduled to air live on FSC in November; see the first post in this thread for those and other upcoming airtimes

NEXT UP:
Chelsea (H) Saturday 14th October: Airs LIVE on FSC from 12:15 PM Eastern and again from 2:00 AM Sunday morning (11:00 PM Saturday on the West Coast)

Also airs on Tuesday 17th October from 5:00 PM and again Thursday 19th October from 1:00 PM Eastern, all times Eastern and on FSC. Setanta also is scheduled to air it from 5:30 PM Eastern on Monday 16th October

Premier League Review show airs first-time Sunday 15th October from 9:00 PM Eastern and repeats from 6:00 PM Monday the 16th; 9:00 PM Wednesday the 18th; and 5:00 AM Thursday the 19th --all times Eastern on FSC

Arsenal (H) will also air live on FSC, Sunday the 22nd from 11:00 AM Eastern. Please see the first post in this thread if planning farther ahead.

Boston Royal

by Boston Royal » 12 Oct 2006 05:29

Fantastic, thanks for the info as always. I'm skipping the Saturday portion of my Salt Lake City conference for "personal reasons", flying back to Boston to watch the game as per the details below. (Neither of us have any baseball to watch ...)

Finchley Royal

by Finchley Royal » 13 Oct 2006 13:18

Do you have any recommendations for Boston bars in which to watch the Chelsea game?

Ps don't worry about the postseason-at least the Yankees are rubbish as well.

Boston Royal

by Boston Royal » 13 Oct 2006 14:10

The Phoenix Landing (http://www.thephoenixlanding.com/index.cfm) will definitely show it. It's in Cambridge (where I live), the other side of the river from Boston. I don't know the Boston bars as well so am not sure whether they'll show football.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 13 Oct 2006 14:19

Ah, was just getting ready to post the same information that you'd put in a different thread on here, Bostonian.

Finchley Royal Do you have any recommendations for Boston bars in which to watch the Chelsea game?

Shouldn't be too tough to find a place with FSC, but with college gridiron going in at the same time, the idea is to try to find a football joint.

See above for Boston Royal's suggestion. If that's too far, from what location would you be heading out to watch the game? I ask because I can do another lookup for venues closer to where you'll be. ZIP code would be ideal; an address would suffice. PM if you prefer.
Last edited by RoyalChicagoFC on 13 Oct 2006 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

starbug

by starbug » 13 Oct 2006 14:32

Greetings to our US based friends, could you help me out ?

For the Arsenal game (22Oct 4pm UK) I'll have just boarded a plane from Minneapolis back to Blighty, its a cheap flight so I dont expect much in the way of TV coverage on the plane but is there any chance of picking anything up on Radio ? I'm also assuming my personal am/fm radio will actually work out there..

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 13 Oct 2006 14:38

starbug For the Arsenal game (22Oct 4pm UK) I'll have just boarded a plane from Minneapolis back to Blighty, its a cheap flight so I dont expect much in the way of TV coverage on the plane but is there any chance of picking anything up on Radio ? I'm also assuming my personal am/fm radio will actually work out there..

That's some killer timing right there, friend. :wink:

Probably no go on the radio --the Premier League has radio rights pretty well locked down and cuts deals nation-by-nation (which explains why we can't listen here to a stream from 5Live, BBCRB or 107FM).

I'm pretty sure that the exclusive provider in the States is one of the satellite platforms -- Sirius, it appears ("Chelsea @ Reading Royals" live on Channel 125 tomorrow)-- which may be available in-flight. Ask an attendant; I rate the chances as pretty doubtful, but you never know...

starbug

by starbug » 13 Oct 2006 15:07

thanks a lot, gutted about the timing but at least its live on tv so i can get someone to video it for me!

unclewal

by unclewal » 13 Oct 2006 15:19

starbug thanks a lot, gutted about the timing but at least its live on tv so i can get someone to video it for me!

But it is always possible that Minneapolis could get a snowstorm at the end of October, and your flight would be delayed enough to catch the game in a bar. Just in case I am sure that Chicago Royal could help you find a bar near Minneapolis airport showing Fox Soccer Channel so you could have that info in your back pocket if it snows or if your flight is delayed for any other reason. You never know these days.
URZZZ

Finchley Royal

by Finchley Royal » 13 Oct 2006 22:13

RoyalChicagoFC Ah, was just getting ready to post the same information that you'd put in a different thread on here, Bostonian.

Finchley Royal Do you have any recommendations for Boston bars in which to watch the Chelsea game?

Shouldn't be too tough to find a place with FSC, but with college gridiron going in at the same time, the idea is to try to find a football joint.

See above for Boston Royal's suggestion. If that's too far, from what location would you be heading out to watch the game? I ask because I can do another lookup for venues closer to where you'll be. ZIP code would be ideal; an address would suffice. PM if you prefer.

Boston, many thanks. I might well try that out (are you at Harvard?)

Chicago- I'm travelling down from Portsmouth, New Hampshire, driving down the coast with a view to being in Rhode Island by Sunday evening. I plumped for Boston on a best odds scenario for finding a bar, albeit with something of a heavy heart as driving in Boston is not a lot of fun as far as I recall. Going to Cambridge would seem to deal with that onjection rather nicely (unless you know of anywhere in Portsmouth)

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 13 Oct 2006 23:15

Finchley Royal I'm travelling down from Portsmouth, New Hampshire, driving down the coast with a view to being in Rhode Island by Sunday evening. I plumped for Boston on a best odds scenario for finding a bar, albeit with something of a heavy heart as driving in Boston is not a lot of fun as far as I recall. Going to Cambridge would seem to deal with that onjection rather nicely (unless you know of anywhere in Portsmouth)

Found one Setanta-subscribed joint in, er, Pompey --Jack Quigley's Pub at 111 State Street, tel. 603.433.8800, opens 11 AM. The fact that it's a Setanta place suggests that it's football-friendly, although of course FSC and not Setanta is what we need for Saturday, and I wouldn't know anything about the place beyond that.

If you'll be in transit anyway, the Cambridge option that our fellow from MIT recommended looks pretty solid, and I'd be inclined to go with that if I were on the road.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 21 Oct 2006 19:22

Arsenal (H) Sunday 22nd October: Airs LIVE, on FSC (in the States) and on Fox Sports World Canada north of the border, from 11:00 AM Eastern and again on FSC from 5:00 PM Eastern same-day.

Repeats Monday 23rd October from 1:00 PM, Tuesday the 24rd from 8:00 PM and Wednesday the 25th from 5:00 PM, all times Eastern and on FSC

Premier League Review Show airs first-time from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday the 22nd and repeats Monday the 23rd from 5:00 AM and 6:00 PM, Friday the 27th from 4:00 AM and again at 3:00 PM, all times Eastern and on FSC

**Added treat this week**: Sky Sports Fan Zone Reading v. Arsenal airs on FSC on Thursday 26th October from 11:30 PM and again from 4:30 AM Saturday the 28th, times Eastern. Anybody know who's representing?

Pompey (A) next Saturday is not scheduled to air in North America either live or on a delayed basis. Please see first post in this thread if planning farther ahead.

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 21 Oct 2006 21:46

RoyalChicagoFC Pompey (A) next Saturday is not scheduled to air in North America either live or on a delayed basis. Please see first post in this thread if planning farther ahead.

Only the second league game this season (Villa away being the other), that the Rzz have not featured on FSC or Setanta. :(

theroyals_eh

by theroyals_eh » 21 Oct 2006 22:09

Found a nice pub in Hamilton, Bermuda to watch the game - The Robin Hood!

Boston Royal

by Boston Royal » 22 Oct 2006 16:08

Finchley Royal Boston, many thanks. I might well try that out (are you at Harvard?)

Chicago- I'm travelling down from Portsmouth, New Hampshire, driving down the coast with a view to being in Rhode Island by Sunday evening. I plumped for Boston on a best odds scenario for finding a bar, albeit with something of a heavy heart as driving in Boston is not a lot of fun as far as I recall. Going to Cambridge would seem to deal with that onjection rather nicely (unless you know of anywhere in Portsmouth)

Sorry for late reply to this thread: I'm not at Harvard but MIT. Just got back from climbing in New Hampshire's White Mountains to turn on the TV and see Henry's opener :(

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 25 Oct 2006 23:33

Unfinished Arsenal business, no go for Pompey, Liverpool live

Finishing off Arsenal:
Arsenal (H) Sunday: Airing at this moment on FSC, second half. Afterward (from 7:00 PM Eastern), Sky Sports News is on, and there may be highlights from Anfield; tonite's SSN report repeats Thursday from noon Eastern.

Tomorrow nite (Thursday), right around when the baseball ends: Sky Sports Fan Zone Reading v. Arsenal airs from 11:30 PM and again from 4:30 AM Saturday the 28th, times Eastern and on FSC. More attractive the farther west you go in the States, but I'll be up and have it on.

Premier League Review Show repeats Friday the 27th from 4:00 AM and again at 3:00 PM, times Eastern and on FSC

Next up:
Portsmouth (A) Saturday 28th October: No scheduled same-day or delayed telecasts in North America; I'll keep an eye open, but it looks like we'll be doing without for a week.

Premier League Review Show with extended highlights from Pompey will air first-time from 11:00 PM Sunday the 29th --possibly delayed in the event that Sunday nite's MLS playoff game goes to extra time/penatlies-- and repeat Monday the 30th from 6:00 PM; Wednesday 1st November from 9:00 PM; Thursday the 2nd from 5:00 AM; and Friday the 3rd from 3:00 PM --all times Eastern and on FSC

Looking ahead
Liverpool (A): Saturday 4th November: Airs LIVE on FSC from 10:00 AM Eastern on FSC and repeats same-day from 8:00 PM. Premier League Review Show with extended highlights from Anfield airs from 8:00 PM Sunday the 5th and again from 5:00 AM Monday the 6th --all times Eastern and on FSC, with future repeating airtimes to be announced later

Those looking farther ahead please see first post in this thread.

630 posts