Sea of Scarves

170 posts
Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Sea of Scarves

by Friday's Legacy » 04 Apr 2012 18:32

A number of scarfs now reduced to £3 for Friday - http://www.readingfcdirect.co.uk/retail ... at=68&h=30

Have to say, I'm not keen on scarfs. They're a nuisance, but I do like this one for £7:

To see a few thousand of these held up at any time during a game would be a nice sight, orchestrated or not.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 04 Apr 2012 20:46

For me, this is all I see of STAR. I don't live in or near Reading so the coaches are completely irrelevant to me. So all I see is some involvement in the fans forum and then a suggestion like this...

Reading have been a well-run club for years, so there has been little need for them to get involved to protect fans from big controversial decisions that threaten the longevity of the club, so in my mind they just need to represent the fans in the few important things left - getting hoops all the way round the shirt as the majority of fans want and helping to improve the matchday experience.

But no, someone at STAR thinks it would look cool if there were lots of scarves. Phuck's sake.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 04 Apr 2012 20:49

And why isn't this on Club Policies? Less of a The Team thread that Peterboro v West Ham for me.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 04 Apr 2012 21:15

The Rouge For me, this is all I see of STAR. I don't live in or near Reading so the coaches are completely irrelevant to me. So all I see is some involvement in the fans forum and then a suggestion like this...

Reading have been a well-run club for years, so there has been little need for them to get involved to protect fans from big controversial decisions that threaten the longevity of the club, so in my mind they just need to represent the fans in the few important things left - getting hoops all the way round the shirt as the majority of fans want and helping to improve the matchday experience.

But no, someone at STAR thinks it would look cool if there were lots of scarves. Phuck's sake.

They should be concentrating on the TSI deal instead of their own attempt to emulate Chelsea's free flag brigade.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 04 Apr 2012 21:18

Compo's Hat
The Rouge For me, this is all I see of STAR. I don't live in or near Reading so the coaches are completely irrelevant to me. So all I see is some involvement in the fans forum and then a suggestion like this...

They should be concentrating on the TSI deal instead of their own attempt to emulate Chelsea's free flag brigade.

What can a supporters trust do about the TSI deal...?

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 04 Apr 2012 22:31

Pushing for questions about certain members to be answered.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 04 Apr 2012 23:32

Thousands of people singing away beneath a sea of scarves......looks good.
Thousands of people waving scarves about for a few seconds and going "yaaaaay!!!"......rather crap to say the least.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 05 Apr 2012 03:06

We shall undoubtedly see but if you think fans of any other team give a flying f*ck what Reading fans do then you're seriously deluded. This may come as a surprise to some but I don't actually care what fans of another team do to support their team - do you? If you do then I might humbly suggest that you've lost sight of why you actually go and watch the team on a Saturday.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 05 Apr 2012 07:24

1871 Royal This was amazing.

The scarves would not be amazing.

Agreed

Shaka's Giant Hands

by Shaka's Giant Hands » 05 Apr 2012 07:32

+1

In for the above...out for scarves.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 05 Apr 2012 09:40

LOLz @ 7 pages on this non-story and you gimptons getting your knickers in a knot about this kind of thing for the second week running. I imagine about a third of the crowd will join in with this and the effect will be negligible; a good many won’t have heard about it, a good many more will choose not to join in and a fair few will only reach their seats as the game kicks off anyway. So I doubt there will be anything for you to be terribly ‘embarassed’ about anyway m8s, and I also doubt that the ‘bigger boys’ of Leeds will notice it or mock you in any way so you are quite safe.

LOL @ getting ‘embarassed’ about it anyway. LOL @ caring about what fans of other clubs think, you small-time paranoid prats. I don’t give a damn about what nost of our own fans think about anything, never mind fans of other clubs.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 05 Apr 2012 09:43

Friday's Legacy A number of scarfs now reduced to £3 for Friday - http://www.readingfcdirect.co.uk/retail ... at=68&h=30

Have to say, I'm not keen on scarfs. They're a nuisance, but I do like this one for £7:

To see a few thousand of these held up at any time during a game would be a nice sight, orchestrated or not.

I get the feeling someone ordered in to many scarfs around Xmas time

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 05 Apr 2012 13:09

What has STAR done about the issues in Y25? Nothing.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 05 Apr 2012 13:15

LoyalRoyalFan What has STAR done about the issues in Y25? Nothing.

The issue of people wearing replica shirts over the top of jumpers :?:

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 05 Apr 2012 13:19

who are ya?

The issue of people wearing replica shirts over the top of jumpers :?:

The issue of heavy handed stewarding.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 05 Apr 2012 14:10

Issues or tissues? Whatever..

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 05 Apr 2012 14:33

muddyfeet I get the feeling someone ordered in to many scarfs around Xmas time

Exactly.

Store manager: "Shit, the weather's turned, now we're never going to get shot of all these scarves"

Commercial Manager: "Don't worry, I've got an idea. Get me STAR on line one immediately"

STAR rep, excitedly: "It's the CLUB on the phone!!!!" "Yes Mr Commercial Manager, Sir, how can I help you, Sir?"

Commercial Manager: "We've got two thousand scarves that need shifting by the end of the season. Come up with some "fan initiative" by the end of tomorrow or you're only getting Jordan Obita and Karl Shepherd at the next Forum"

STAR Rep: "Yes Sir, thank you very much Sir, I've got just the thing, don't you worry Sir"

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 05 Apr 2012 14:49

Maguire Come up with some "fan initiative" by the end of tomorrow or you're only getting Jordan Obita and Karl Shepherd at the next Forum"

:lol:

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 05 Apr 2012 15:04

Maguire
muddyfeet I get the feeling someone ordered in to many scarfs around Xmas time

Exactly.

Store manager: "Shit, the weather's turned, now we're never going to get shot of all these scarves"

Commercial Manager: "Don't worry, I've got an idea. Get me STAR on line one immediately"

STAR rep, excitedly: "It's the CLUB on the phone!!!!" "Yes Mr Commercial Manager, Sir, how can I help you, Sir?"

Commercial Manager: "We've got two thousand scarves that need shifting by the end of the season. Come up with some "fan initiative" by the end of tomorrow or you're only getting Jordan Obita and Karl Shepherd at the next Forum"

STAR Rep: "Yes Sir, thank you very much Sir, I've got just the thing, don't you worry Sir"

It would be a lol but probably too close to the truth.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 05 Apr 2012 15:06

The Rouge It would be a lol but probably too close to the truth.

Damn right. It's all a bit sinister really isn't it... :evil:

170 posts