Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Nov 2013 21:11

3points We just have to wait and see what happens I guess.

Really?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Nov 2013 21:14

So you're saying your source is an STH who's friends with Ian Wood-Smith.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 06 Nov 2013 21:17

So since this thread has now morphed into an "Injury, or not an injury" thread, how about considering the following

Pre 1990 (or thereabouts, whatever)

There was only one substitute
There was a first team playing squad of, what, 15, genuinely?
They used to 'train' on public parks
There was no such thing as a 'sports scientest'
There was no such thing as a 'goalkeeping coach'
Many players never wore shinpads (or any other form of protection)
The pitches resembled Glastonbury
The players ate and drank what they liked
The players did and went out where and when they liked
They earned f/ck all
In gametime and in training, they clobbered each other like a game of British Bulldogs
There was no such thing as a 'scan'
There was such a thing as a cold sponge (and that was it)
And yet
They still turned up and played (more often than not, barring a broken leg or fractured jaw)
And today
They have the polar opposites of everything noted above and yet are sicknotes for weeks or months with "an impact injury".
Who are the mugs here?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 06 Nov 2013 21:27

3points
Elm Park Pasty
3points SJM needed to sell a stake to fund some of his other business operations. He is now relaxed about what is happening as his immediate cash flow problems were resolved by AZ's cash. AZ is complete history and won't be seen at RFC again - apparently his dad gave him the money for the first tranche and AZ said he could raise the cash to fund the rest. He hasn't been able to do this. As already stated AZ is drumming up buyers - there are three un-named interested parties and SJM is biding his time. However, if a deal isn't imminent come January then we will see a number of higher earning players being sold, and the likes of Baird and Sharp will leave as well. We could have a lot more young players being blooded in the second half of the season.

I don't know if what you say is true or not, time will tell. However, I am having a little problem with your credibility, given you make one post about the Millwall game, one post claiming to know all about the Drenthe/Williams situation and now this. :?:

Been a long time reader of the site, but just recently decided to register and share my views on things. My info comes from a business acquaintance (another ST holder) who is friends with one of the old (pre AZ era) RFC directors. I only see him a couple of times a year, but we had lots to discuss when I saw him earlier this week. I think it's good info. We just have to wait and see what happens I guess.

Baird and Sharp are only short term loans until January anyway aren't they? :|

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 06 Nov 2013 21:35

3points SJM needed to sell a stake to fund some of his other business operations. He is now relaxed about what is happening as his immediate cash flow problems were resolved by AZ's cash. AZ is complete history and won't be seen at RFC again - apparently his dad gave him the money for the first tranche and AZ said he could raise the cash to fund the rest. He hasn't been able to do this. As already stated AZ is drumming up buyers - there are three un-named interested parties and SJM is biding his time. However, if a deal isn't imminent come January then we will see a number of higher earning players being sold, and the likes of Baird and Sharp will leave as well. We could have a lot more young players being blooded in the second half of the season.

What nonsense. When we were relegated from the Premier League the last time, SJM gave it one full season keeping the squad together, in the hope of bouncing straight back. It is no different this time! Yes, we have a huge wage budget for this level, but we also have record parachute payments to ease the transition from Premier League to Championship! Without Anton's investment, of course there will be cutbacks, and I fully expect a return to the annual black hole and the sale of one or two top players per summer to balance the books, but that wont start until next summer if we do stay down.

You're clearly on the wind-up. Good luck to you, but you can join the rest of the idiots who have done the same on here and go on block.

mathematically_safe
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: keeping wicket for the quakers in my joy division oven gloves

by mathematically_safe » 06 Nov 2013 22:04

The story i heard, and i make no claims for accuracy, is that the Russians are mightily oxf*rd off with SJM concerning the sale of the hotel.

Apparently SJM did not include the hotel as part of the original sale to TSI but offered them first dibs. In the meantime he's sold the hotel to a Canadian private equity firm.

As a result Anton wants out.

Anyone else heard this?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 06 Nov 2013 22:05

Bit childish if true. :roll:

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 06 Nov 2013 22:37

lets be honest, nobody knows what the fuc k is going on here, if anything. There does however seem to be something going on that just isn't quite right.

No smoke without fire, and it appears to be quite a bit of smoke

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Nov 2013 22:42

Lacoste lets be honest, nobody knows what the fuc k is going on here, if anything. There does however seem to be something going on that just isn't quite right.

No smoke without fire? You just gave legitimacy to everyone of Reading4eva's rumours..

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 06 Nov 2013 23:40

mathematically_safe The story i heard, and i make no claims for accuracy, is that the Russians are mightily oxf*rd off with SJM concerning the sale of the hotel.

Apparently SJM did not include the hotel as part of the original sale to TSI but offered them first dibs. In the meantime he's sold the hotel to a Canadian private equity firm.

As a result Anton wants out.

Anyone else heard this?

Completely arse about face..

The Russians were naturally offered the hotel first but SJM reserved the right to refuse if the offer was deemed too low. (The hotel was in/out originally as part of the deal but was excluded early from negociations before the 51% was bought)

so it was only recently put out to tender and several interested parties bid. The Canadians were the highest so became preferred bidder.
They proceeded with due diligence including several walk rounds. However the main stumbling block was that SJM did not want to move out of the flat so the freehold boundary was drawn round it. After a period the Canadians came back and declined to proceed. It was offered to the second highest bidder but again the chairman’s flat was apparently a deal breaker.

SJM could have increased the price when promotion was gained but if you remember he said something along the lines of "We agreed a price and a deal is a deal" Why would he sell the hotel from under the Russians noses but not increase the price of the club ? Makes no sense and is quite insulting to the Chairman.iah

Therefore the hotel isn't sold so leaves that version fatally flawed. It is possible that the Russians were miffed he didn't sell it at their own lower valuation but that isn't the reason Anton is off. He has not got the money to pay the second instalment. End of.The absolute best thing to happen to the club in recent history was that Anton could not raise the 14m (he had 18 months after all) which has saved the club from almost certain Portsmouth type demise.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 07 Nov 2013 08:21

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 07 Nov 2013 09:01

Royal Lady

Baird and Sharp are only short term loans until January anyway aren't they? :|

Is there any post you won't neutral face? I'd like to see a wider range of emotions from you. A smile wouldn't hurt now and again.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 07 Nov 2013 10:38

Neutral face is more a derisory eye brow raise around these parts

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 07 Nov 2013 10:52

Can someone explain to me why the Zingarevich's are said not to have enough money to buy the club but DO have enough money to buy the new training ground and facilitate the improvements to the club's Academy?

To me, and I have no inside knowledge, it seems that Anton has made a decision to look for outside investment seeing as he already has the 51% controlling stake and there is nothing SJM can do about it.

It seems that SJM should have inserted a clause saying that the deadline was non-negotiable and that if it was not met then the crucial 2% must be transferred to SJM for £X. Seeing as this deadline is movable and unenforceable Anton decided to invest his cash in what he perceives as more important for the here and now. Why pay money for 49% when you are not legally obliged to and doing so would have ZERO positive impact on the club??

Meanwhile SJM is out of pocket and completely out of control...

I'm sure I am wrong, and I look forward to being put right!

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 07 Nov 2013 10:57

PistolPete
To me, and I have no inside knowledge, it seems that Anton has made a decision to look for outside investment seeing as he already has the 51% controlling stake and there is nothing SJM can do about it.

How so?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Nov 2013 11:05

Lacoste lets be honest, nobody knows what the fuc k is going on here, if anything. There does however seem to be something going on that just isn't quite right.

i believe there are many examples of smoke issuing forth without any actual flamage.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 07 Nov 2013 11:24

melonhead

i believe there are many examples of smoke issuing forth without any actual flamage.

Actually, most combustibles smoke first before igniting.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 07 Nov 2013 11:54

[quote="PistolPete"]Can someone explain to me why the Zingarevich's are said not to have enough money to buy the club but DO have enough money to buy the new training ground and facilitate the improvements to the club's Academy?
The new training ground is being financed by the club and not Comrade Anton.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 07 Nov 2013 11:57

Quotemare.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Nov 2013 12:01

Extended-Phenotype
melonhead

Actually, most combustibles smoke first before igniting.

agreed- daft saying

8684 posts