Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by melonhead » 04 Dec 2015 10:53

worst decision ever.

it ripped the guts out of the club, and we all took it cos we would rather have had antons money, than show any loyalty to a legend

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Dec 2015 10:57

melonhead worst decision ever.

it ripped the guts out of the club, and we all took it cos we would rather have had antons money, than show any loyalty to a legend

Impossible! If the last few weeks have taught us anything it is that Reading fans are all about loyalty.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 04 Dec 2015 11:05

this^, Brendy, this^.....

slowcryingsafaripenguinhi-5:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Dec 2015 11:42

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 04 Dec 2015 11:47

Completely agree. He needs to come back just so we can make the club whole again.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 04 Dec 2015 12:10

Elm Park Kid

Completely agree. He needs to come back just so we can make the club whole again.

::quietly sobs while singing Atomic Kittens 'whole again'::

:cry:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Dec 2015 12:10

:lol:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 04 Dec 2015 15:01

I still agree it was the right decision.

On paper Adkins was a good appointment.

On paper Clarke was a good appointment. Until 2/3 weeks ago most people were broadly happy with him.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out. Hopefully the next move will be a step forward.

The point the club died was the day Bryn left to go back to Iceland.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 04 Dec 2015 15:08

Spot on.
Bloke was never given a chance. £2.5m to spend in the PL? Un-feckin-believable.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Dec 2015 15:27

Man Friday

Spot on.
Bloke was never given a chance. £2.5m to spend in the PL? Un-feckin-believable.

Given we spent that much on one player, it's unbelievable because it's not true.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Dec 2015 15:38

Oh well, that makes all the difference, surprised we didn't win the bloody league!

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 04 Dec 2015 16:05

I thought at the time that the opinion of Brian's sacking seperated those with 'some clue' from those without. Of course, Adkins was given a poisoned chalice (he should,of course, have never taken it) and was set up to fail, but that is EXACTLY WHY Brian should have stayed.

(I still LOL at the fact that it all began with Brian not playing Danny Guthrie - I mean there's a player we all should have nailed our colours to, eh?)

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Dec 2015 16:12

My biggest gripe with the McD sacking is that I felt he would have been the best man for us to get us back up, all things considered.

When he went we were already as good as down, and I didn't see the point. Like someone mentioned earlier, he should have either have gone earlier or not at all.

I wouldn't have him back now though, no chance. In my opinion his success was built on an extremely strong long standing relationship with the club and players, and consequently the latter played out of their skins for him.

He's not actually a very good manager all things told and regardless of our lack of spending in the premier league he didn't help the situation with poor tactics and team selection.

Brian is will always be a reading legend though.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 04 Dec 2015 16:24

A good manager sacked after a bad run, we took a punt on what at the time looked like a step up and it didn't come off.

Sometimes it's worth the gamble and I guess you can only be so loyal in the face of poor performance but we've not exactly been better off without Brian. You wonder if Adkins may have had more success with stable ownership and more investment but then you wonder if Brian might have adapted and grown under our new owners too.

Clarke seems to have failed despite a stable club with financial support, so he certainly doesn't have much of an excuse.

All I can say is that of the three, Brian was the most likeable. If nothing else, that will score you life long fans who will always defend you.

Hindsight, wrong decision. But as they say etc etc

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Dec 2015 00:45

In hindsight....NO

Sir JM didn't want him sacked, apparently it was down to the Russian weasel

Had we shown some loyalty to him ( that same "loyalty" that we demanded from Steve Clarke lol) then each current match day would be a lot more fun/enjoyable....wherever/whatever league position we may've been right now.

The fun and the anticipation of something exciting happening has long since gone...I walk up that hill to the stadium blank-faced, bored and expressionless

"Golden Gamble" I hear........

Go fukc yourself..I think

Disenfranchised?........not a bit

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Dec 2015 00:55

CountryRoyal My biggest gripe with the McD sacking is that I felt he would have been the best man for us to get us back up, all things considered.

When he went we were already as good as down, and I didn't see the point. Like someone mentioned earlier, he should have either have gone earlier or not at all.

I wouldn't have him back now though, no chance. In my opinion his success was built on an extremely strong long standing relationship with the club and players, and consequently the latter played out of their skins for him.

He's not actually a very good manager all things told and regardless of our lack of spending in the premier league he didn't help the situation with poor tactics and team selection.

I'm not sure where you've come from but don't ever talk about Brian like that again.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Dec 2015 12:21

CountryRoyal When he went we were already as good as down

We were four points off safety with 9 games to go, not sure I agree with that.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 06 Dec 2015 22:00

CountryRoyal My biggest gripe with the McD sacking is that I felt he would have been the best man for us to get us back up, all things considered.

Agree with you CR, he did a fantastic job to get a very average side promoted but he wasn't really a Premier League manager and that showed with his poor tactics and team selection as you say.

Not sure he would have done any better than Adkins at attempting to get us back up though, but as he was basically sacked by that w@nker Anton many of our fans will always be bitter about it, which is understandable after what he did for the club.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 06 Dec 2015 22:22

genome
CountryRoyal When he went we were already as good as down

We were four points off safety with 9 games to go, not sure I agree with that.

Doesn't matter m8, his record has long since been re-written on hna. He is close to being history's biggest monster on here some days.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Dec 2015 22:26

RoyallyFcuked

Agree with you CR, he did a fantastic job to get a very average side promoted but he wasn't really a Premier League manager and that showed with his poor tactics and team selection as you say.

Not sure he would have done any better than Adkins at attempting to get us back up though, but as he was basically sacked by that w@nker Anton many of our fans will always be bitter about it, which is understandable after what he did for the club.

Imo he would have been better than Adkins because McD knew the club and the players and vice versa.

3714 posts