Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Stranded » 01 Nov 2023 10:05

Brogue
Uke
Brogue
yes

By whom? Clearly not Storey

no-one knows yet

Unless it comes out otherwise, we have to assume the owner paid them.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Nov 2023 10:50

Stranded
Brogue
Uke
By whom? Clearly not Storey

no-one knows yet

Unless it comes out otherwise, we have to assume the owner paid them.

In the circumstances I wouldn’t assume anything at all

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 01 Nov 2023 11:00

This is quite good from the Bucks Free Press. Ashley lives in Burnham and regards the Thames Valley as 'very much his home.'

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/2 ... cial-ruin/

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 01 Nov 2023 11:22

Earnshaw reporting that a few parties looking for exclusivity in the next week. I wonder how long this will take.

Let's say exclusivity and indicative price agreed by Friday. Then due diligence and EFL approval. Dai out by Christmas seems realistic.

In 2012 and 2017, EFL approval took ages. But if it was Ashley, a UK made billionaire with a history in the game, it would be quicker. Plus they will almost be as desperate as us to be shot of Dai.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Nov 2023 11:27

WestYorksRoyal Earnshaw reporting that a few parties looking for exclusivity in the next week. I wonder how long this will take.

Let's say exclusivity and indicative price agreed by Friday. Then due diligence and EFL approval. Dai out by Christmas seems realistic.

In 2012 and 2017, EFL approval took ages. But if it was Ashley, a UK made billionaire with a history in the game, it would be quicker. Plus they will almost be as desperate as us to be shot of Dai.

If the bidder with exclusivity is known to the EFL i.e. someone like Ashley, then I imagine they would be prepared to pretty much wave it through so that they aren't the blocker here - they want this over nearly as much as we do.

If it is an overseas consortium, then they will likely be more cirumspect but also know that if they wait too long the entire existence of the club could be threatened.

I also assume that once someone has the exclusivity, there would be an expectation on them paying wages/tax as a sign of good faith.

J1A7Y

by J1A7Y » 01 Nov 2023 12:00

Storey announcing that he and his consortium have decided to pull out :lol:

And has stated again that he had an exclusivity agreement, which is complete bullshit. I just don't understand the man or his games. But than thank fcuk he's not going to be our problem!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Nov 2023 12:04

J1A7Y Storey announcing that he and his consortium have decided to pull out :lol:

And has stated again that he had an exclusivity agreement, which is complete bullshit. I just don't understand the man or his games. But than thank fcuk he's not going to be our problem!

Thanks for the update

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 01 Nov 2023 12:07

The huge-if-true revelation that Ashley lives in Burnham makes perfect sense now with regard to buying the club.

He's got his Saturdays all mapped out. Hops on the Elizabeth line to Reading, bus to the club, few beers with mates, after the match off to the Purple Turtle where he strips off as usual and gets mashed with the lads, buys a pork pie for the walk back to the station, kip on the train and home. It's pretty much the perfect lifestyle.

If his PR people have any sense they'll soon be revealing that as a 12-year old he used to wade through p*ss in the infamous South Bank 'gutter' and remembers the Robin Friday goal as if it were yesterday.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Nov 2023 12:10

I would also like to announce that I have decided to pull out of buying Reading FC.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Nov 2023 12:14

genome I would also like to announce that I have decided to pull out of your mum.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Nov 2023 12:14

genome I would also like to announce that I have decided to pull out of buying Reading FC.

Is that because I've just been given exclusivity?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 01 Nov 2023 12:19

I have £2k to £5k towards a Phoenix club and that’s probably more than Storey has. He has to be the world’s oxf*rd biggest waste of space. I heard Dellor was oxf*rd singing his praises on BBCRB on Saturday. I used to like Dellor years ago, but not so sure these days.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 01 Nov 2023 12:21

NathStPaul
genome I would also like to announce that I have decided to pull out of your mum.

:lol: :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Nov 2023 12:24

blythspartan I have £2k to £5k towards a Phoenix club and that’s probably more than Storey has. He has to be the world’s oxf*rd biggest waste of space. I heard Dellor was oxf*rd singing his praises on BBCRB on Saturday. I used to like Dellor years ago, but not so sure these days.

Dellor is an imbecile

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 01 Nov 2023 12:25

Mike Ashley will try and get us for £1 + whatever debt Dai doesn't want to write off. So possibly what was spent on Bearwood.

Ashley is smart and won't pay above the odds for us so it's important than that as a fan base we keep the pressure on Dai and there's more SBWD movements. As a private man I doubt he'll feel comfortable with the protesting against him.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 01 Nov 2023 12:31

Norfolk Royal The huge-if-true revelation that Ashley lives in Burnham makes perfect sense now with regard to buying the club.

He's got his Saturdays all mapped out. Hops on the Elizabeth line to Reading, bus to the club, few beers with mates, after the match off to the Purple Turtle where he strips off as usual and gets mashed with the lads, buys a pork pie for the walk back to the station, kip on the train and home. It's pretty much the perfect lifestyle.

If his PR people have any sense they'll soon be revealing that as a 12-year old he used to wade through p*ss in the infamous South Bank 'gutter' and remembers the Robin Friday goal as if it were yesterday.

:D

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Nov 2023 13:34

But was he left side or right side?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Nov 2023 13:41

From Despair To Where? But was he left side or right side?

Nah, he was at the Tilehurst End with me & Lux

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Nov 2023 13:45

No way Ashley would have been Tilehurst end. He'd have been bare chested, hanging off the downward facing spikes at the front of the South Bank, hurling abuse of at the away end.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 01 Nov 2023 14:53

We had some right characters in the Tilehurst End :?

3691 posts