Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2654 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: I've lost count - Embargos, HMRC Payent defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Franchise FC » 20 Dec 2023 12:29

WestYorksRoyal Should we have a poll on whether we think he'll pay?

Casual flattery for the club more broadly. Management, fans and players "outstanding ambassadors in challenging circumstances". Are they just buttering everybody up for further punishments? "We're really sorry but we didn't have a choice".

Have we ever had a unanimous vote ?
Even the Ian Royal option wouldn't get one

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: I've lost count - Embargos, HMRC Payent defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Lower West » 20 Dec 2023 20:53

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
genome Just read. Banning him would've made the sale of the club compulsory within 28 days. Which I'm not sure would be the best thing, any chancer could pick up the club.

Also, what if he didn't sell? How can you force him? Expel the club?

Basically, yes.

This pretty much fits my 'new owner soon or we don’t start next season theory.

He now has to pay £20k in fines. - he won't.
Plus the previously stipulated amount to be held in lieu of paying bills on time, by 12 Jan. - he won't.

Then on 13 Jan he'll need to pay £70k in fines. - he won't
And face further disciplinary action.

That will drag on for a couple of months. At which time he'll be banned from being our owner and ordered to sell yhe club within 28 days. This handily allows us to complete the season to maintain the integrity of thr competition.

We'll then be expellee from the FL when he fails to sell us and won't start next season. L2 will likely start with 23 teams and one less relegation place.

Enjoy everyone.

Recovery of the debt can be enforced through normal legal processes. Dai has UK assets over which charges can be made.

While a token gesture. Does at least start to start to address the entire issue of how lower league clubs are often badly run. Reading FC are the guinea pig.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Dec 2023 21:18

Lower West
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal Also, what if he didn't sell? How can you force him? Expel the club?

Basically, yes.

Plus the previously stipulated amount to be held in lieu of paying bills on time, by 12 Jan. - he won't.

That will drag on for a couple of months. At which time he'll be banned from being our owner and ordered to sell yhe club within 28 days. This handily allows us to complete the season to maintain the integrity of thr competition.

We'll then be expellee from the FL when he fails to sell us and won't start next season. L2 will likely start with 23 teams and one less relegation place.

Enjoy everyone.

Recovery of the debt can be enforced through normal legal processes. Dai has UK assets over which charges can be made.

While a token gesture. Does at least start to start to address the entire issue of how lower league clubs are often badly run. Reading FC are the guinea pig.

I think you're missing the point. The FL already asked for the Independent Commission to ban him from owning a football club for a year.

If he fails to pay again, he'll get another misconduct charge from the FL. The Independent Commission's sanction for that isn't going to be telling the FL to go to Court to recover the fine or deposit.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 20 Dec 2023 22:30

Lower West
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal Also, what if he didn't sell? How can you force him? Expel the club?

Basically, yes.

Enjoy everyone.

I'm not sure there is any legal obligation to pay the fine

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Dec 2023 06:25

tmesis
Lower West
Snowflake Royal Basically, yes.

Enjoy everyone.

Yes, they can fine him all they want, if he chooses not to pay those fines then what recourse does the FL have to force payment of someone not resident in the UK? Could they go through the courts to seize his UK assets in lieu of payment and then auction them off?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Dec 2023 08:57

Tax due tomorrow, what could possibly go wrong?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Dec 2023 10:24

windermereROYAL Tax due tomorrow, what could possibly go wrong?

Merry Christmas everybody!

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 21 Dec 2023 11:05

Sutekh
tmesis
Lower West

Yes, they can fine him all they want, if he chooses not to pay those fines then what recourse does the FL have to force payment of someone not resident in the UK? Could they go through the courts to seize his UK assets in lieu of payment and then auction them off?

The legal enforceability of any of these fines is extremely unlikely. They're penalty clauses, which are unenforceable unless you can prove they are approximate to the loss that has been incurred as a result of the other party's actions.

Unless the FL can show that they have incurred a loss as a result of Dai's actions, then they can't enforce these fines. The EFL aren't a regulatory body. It's just a group of companies. It's contract law.

Of course, they can kick him out of their league. They can say he can't own a football club in their competition. They can't strip him of his legally held asset Reading FC, so they can strip Reading FC of their membership of the competition instead. Then he is no longer owning a football club in their competition.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Dec 2023 11:51

Stranded

Doubt we'll find out anythingvpre-xmas. It normally takes a few days to come out and I doubt HMRC or the FL will be working.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Dec 2023 11:56

Snowflake Royal
Stranded

Doubt we'll find out anythingvpre-xmas. It normally takes a few days to come out and I doubt HMRC or the FL will be working.

Happy New Year everybody!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Dec 2023 12:39

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Stranded

Happy New Year everybody!

:lol: And to you stranded.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 22 Dec 2023 07:15

Training ground guru reports exclusively that between 17 and 20 possible redundancy notices have been sent out to RFC staff with more than one third being for academy staff.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Dec 2023 08:20

Goodby Cat 1.

Bit of a waste of time trying to get it back really.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Dec 2023 11:30

Thanks Dai for screwing this club over and getting it to sink without trace while destroying the legacy of great men like Maurice Evans, John Madejski and Eamonn Dolan. When are you going to do the right thing?

Taffster

by Taffster » 22 Dec 2023 11:44

Snowflake Royal Goodby Cat 1.

Bit of a waste of time trying to get it back really.

A good friend of mine is an academy scout for a premier League team. Supposedly a lot of the kids we have offered scholarships to have turned us down at u16 and we are already accepting bids for 13 years olds. Basically a firesale at the academy for anyone we can get anything from..

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 22 Dec 2023 11:48

There's also a finite pool of coaches, and sacking a load of them before Xmas isn't going to help if we ever wanted to get Cat 1 back. Certainly if I was a coach I wouldn't come to Reading without an iron clad contract.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 22 Dec 2023 15:10

Playing devils advocate a bit here, but if a third were academy staff, that’s 5-6. It’s not impossible that one was a cook, one was a groundskeeper, one was overnight security etc etc. Absolutely awful for those poor buggers but we might not be nuking the coaching staff.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Dec 2023 15:14

Royal Ginger Playing devils advocate a bit here, but if a third were academy staff, that’s 5-6. It’s not impossible that one was a cook, one was a groundskeeper, one was overnight security etc etc. Absolutely awful for those poor buggers but we might not be nuking the coaching staff.

I believe some are support staff not just coaches - I imagine, that any redundancies, as shit as it is will have been done with an eye of keeping the Academy staffed up to Cat 1 level.

Selles has confirmed at least 5 redundancies, I assume on the football side, to James Earnshaw, and also that overnight stays are out for the time being. Will leave for Peterborough on the morning of the match. Away defeat nailed on there then and Carlisle away will be fun.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 22 Dec 2023 15:34

As much as I don’t like the idea of anyone being made redundant, I see all this as the club trying to get their house in order in time for a potential sell. Irrespective of whether I like it or not it needs to happen, as right now the senior management need to do everything within their power to save the club.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Dec 2023 17:00

Sutekh Thanks Dai for screwing this club over and getting it to sink without trace while destroying the legacy of great men like Maurice Evans, John Madejski and Eamonn Dolan. When are you going to do the right thing?

Dai is a fat c u n t. I seriously hope he gets run over by a bus

2654 posts