How bad would relegation be?

193 posts

How bad would relegation actually be (1-10)?

10 (RFC Ceases to exists)
11%
19%
19%
18%
7%
12%
2%
5%
1%
1(Fun season that actually makes the club stronger)
7%

Total votes: 85
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: How bad would relegation be?

by Hound » 10 Feb 2022 07:30

Royal_jimmy I think relegation would be the start of a long quagmire for us. Things will get far worse before they get better

The start?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Feb 2022 07:45

How do things get worse than losing every game?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 10 Feb 2022 07:56

Stay up or go down, I don't see any positive outcome of the current situation.

The current owners have no idea how to run a club, and the debts are so high, and the assets so small, that nobody in their right mind would want to buy the club.

Even with reducing the debt through administration, the club would still have no assets and a high rent bill to pay each year. Administration is probably our only way out, but would have a very high chance of the club being liquidated.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 10 Feb 2022 07:56

If we survive we won’t lose every game next season in the championship

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 10 Feb 2022 08:13

Apart from last season and Stam’s freak season we’ve looked like relegation candidates for years now. As mentioned above losing week after week is demoralising and even if we survive in the championship this season can we rebuild a competitive championship team for next season?

I personally don’t mind a rebuild job in the lower leagues with a mix of youngsters from the academy, along with a few hardened league 1/2 players. We may also unearth another Kerry Dixon from non league football. I’ll support this club anywhere and the rebuilding journey could be fun.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Feb 2022 08:29

tmesis Stay up or go down, I don't see any positive outcome of the current situation.

The current owners have no idea how to run a club, and the debts are so high, and the assets so small, that nobody in their right mind would want to buy the club.

Even with reducing the debt through administration, the club would still have no assets and a high rent bill to pay each year. Administration is probably our only way out, but would have a very high chance of the club being liquidated.

Why would the owner not sell the training ground and stadium with the club?

Lots of other clubs have been in dire financial positions and found owners, why would we be different.

When was the last time a Championship or L1 team was liquidated?

When was the last time a L2 side other than Bury was liquidated?

It almost never happens.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Feb 2022 08:33

all our debts are to the owner

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 10 Feb 2022 08:59

Hound all our debts are to the owner

True. I've been wracking my brain to think of a valid reason why the owners would have a reason for running the club into the ground and out of existence. Build a nice country hotel on Bearwood? Convert all the land in and around the stadium into a state-of-the-art shopping mall (this is their forte, after all)? Everything is a possibility I suppose but the numbers don't add up, unless the Dais can somehow write off all their losses against one of their better performing businesses and start any new project afresh.

Even making huge allowances for their lack of team-owning acumen (including dodgy advisors and super-agents), I just can't see why they've let it get this bad.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 10 Feb 2022 09:06

Who Moved The Goalposts?

True. I've been wracking my brain to think of a valid reason why the owners would have a reason for running the club into the ground and out of existence. Build a nice country hotel on Bearwood? Convert all the land in and around the stadium into a state-of-the-art shopping mall (this is their forte, after all)? Everything is a possibility I suppose but the numbers don't add up, unless the Dais can somehow write off all their losses against one of their better performing businesses and start any new project afresh.

Even making huge allowances for their lack of team-owning acumen (including dodgy advisors and super-agents), I just can't see why they've let it get this bad.

They've a track record of mismanaging football clubs. Perhaps they are just inept. Too proud and full of themselves to be humble and admit their own mistakes. Too rich to care.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Feb 2022 09:20

Lower West
Who Moved The Goalposts?

They've a track record of mismanaging football clubs. Perhaps they are just inept. Too proud and full of themselves to be humble and admit their own mistakes. Too rich to care.

Mismanaging? That’s being polite.

Both of his other clubs now longer exist, and we very well could be next.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Feb 2022 09:39

Bed wetter`s are out in force this morning. remember Wigan when their owners walked away and left them without a pot to piss in, they will be back in the championship next season.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Feb 2022 09:42

windermereROYAL Bed wetter`s are out in force this morning. remember Wigan when their owners walked away and left them without a pot to piss in, they will be back in the championship next season.

Bore off you utter nonce.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 Feb 2022 09:45

CountryRoyal
Lower West
Who Moved The Goalposts?

Mismanaging? That’s being polite.

Both of his other clubs now longer exist, and we very well could be next.

They were/are on the Forbes billionaires list, in all fairness projects like Beijing Renhe and KSV Roselare were probably a drop in the ocean in terms of finance whereas we are probably significantly more valuable due to the money in England. It's certainly not a great track record by any means, but I'd say its a different kettle of fish, but its still worrying.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Feb 2022 09:46

CountryRoyal
windermereROYAL Bed wetter`s are out in force this morning. remember Wigan when their owners walked away and left them without a pot to piss in, they will be back in the championship next season.

Great reasoned reply, sure put me in my place, don`t blame me because your girlfriend is thick. well thinking about it she would have to be wouldn`t she?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Feb 2022 09:47

windermereROYAL
CountryRoyal

Great reasoned reply, sure put me in my place, don`t blame me because your girlfriend is thick. well thinking about it she would have to be wouldn`t she?

Your girlfriend is your right hand you helmet.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Feb 2022 09:48

I`m left handed. :D

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 10 Feb 2022 09:56

Snowflake Royal
tmesis Stay up or go down, I don't see any positive outcome of the current situation.

Lots of other clubs have been in dire financial positions and found owners, why would we be different.

It almost never happens.

It depends on how much of the debt he is willing to write off. Buying the club, and having to pay extra to purchase the training ground and stadium, makes the club a very unattractive prospect.

Derby, if they don't get a buyer on board pretty quickly, will be liquidated.

Wigan's debt was written off.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Feb 2022 09:58

windermereROYAL I`m left handed. :D

In that case try the right. Opens up a whole new world. :D

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 Feb 2022 10:02

Snowflake Royal

It's a source of income for himself. Pretty good reason not to sell it really.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Feb 2022 10:38

tmesis
Snowflake Royal

It almost never happens.

It depends on how much of the debt he is willing to write off. Buying the club, and having to pay extra to purchase the training ground and stadium, makes the club a very unattractive prospect.

Derby, if they don't get a buyer on board pretty quickly, will be liquidated.

Wigan's debt was written off.

So none, except possibly Derby, who have ongoing legal action putting people off buying.

193 posts