Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Elm Park Kid » 24 Nov 2023 10:15

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Nov 2023 11:15

DA Capital are out of the ownership running having now purchased Nuneaton Borough

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/conso ... ague-club/

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 24 Nov 2023 13:37

Mr Angry
The Royal Forester
muirinho
Of all the fake news and false information ever posted on this website, that has to go down as the most egregious

You don't like SPAM, then? You must be young, not like the old fogies, like me, who remember eating it in the early post war years, when there was nothing better to be had, If there was anything else our parents could get at all, that is!

The spam fritter from the 555 Fish Bar on the Oxford Road when there was an evening game at Elm Park used to last exactly as long as it took to walk up Wantage Road before turning into Norfolk Road and into the ground at the Tilehurst Road end, and was absolutely lush..............

Me and the boy like a bit of spam now and then. Currently have a can of the one with 'extra bacon' in the cupboard. Been in there a few months mind.

I used to get a pack of mixed sweets from the corner shop on the way to the Tilehurst end. Those were the days.

Also, did see a dark helicopter low over my house yesterday going in the Reading direction. Did make me wonder if it was Ashley's.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Nov 2023 14:24

The club have posted Time for AAA on their X account, make of that what you will.

In the past they`ve posted riddles when new players are coming in.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 27 Nov 2023 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Nov 2023 14:25

windermereROYAL The club have posted Time for AAA on their X account, make of that what you will.

I'll go with that being they are about to release the usual Access All Areas video for the Wycombe game.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Nov 2023 14:25

windermereROYAL The club have posted Time for AAA on their X account, make of that what you will.

Access All Areas.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Nov 2023 14:30

In the past they`ve posted riddles when new players are coming in.

think it will be Access All Areas

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Nov 2023 14:30

Yes seen it now, i dreamt for a few minutes there.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Nov 2023 17:17

Chronicle reporting we're "on the brink" with Genevra. Not what we wanted, let's be honest. But obviously Dai cares most about £££.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Nov 2023 17:19

WestYorksRoyal Chronicle reporting we're "on the brink" with Genevra. Not what we wanted, let's be honest. But obviously Dai cares most about £££.

Don't know about Genevra, but we're certainly on the brink.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Nov 2023 17:38

Bad news according to Twitter. Something to do with Wigan. Cba to do any research. Anyone else?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Nov 2023 17:39

Well, those ITK, know that Ashley (with his possees of helicopters offered £1 for the club)

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Nov 2023 17:46

Wigan's ex Chairman who went months without paying wages is a partner in the firm, but we don't know if he is directly involved here. You'd assume not due to EFL checks. But any firm who associates themselves with such individuals is questionable.

I'll judge any new owner by their opening comments. "We're gonna get back to the Premier League" = bad.

"We're going to try and punch above our weight through hard work and smart decisions, and please be patient while we clear up Dai's mess" = good.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 27 Nov 2023 17:48

Can someone please just tell me what my opinion is meant to be on this Genevra lot and I will run with it

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 27 Nov 2023 17:51

Pepe the Horseman Bad news according to Twitter. Something to do with Wigan. Cba to do any research. Anyone else?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/signi ... agreement/

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Nov 2023 18:00

Winston Biscuit Can someone please just tell me what my opinion is meant to be on this Genevra lot and I will run with it

Genevra were mixed up with Wigan and the chairman they're proposing for Reading is the same guy who was chairman when Wigan started having payment difficulties. Presuming though that the way they'd structure any deal would be different as you'd expect the FL to have a bit of common sense about them when asking questions for the ODT.

Opinion from Reading's fans if this does happen should be one of "high concern" at least to begin with.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Nov 2023 18:06

Sutekh
Winston Biscuit Can someone please just tell me what my opinion is meant to be on this Genevra lot and I will run with it

Genevra were mixed up with Wigan and the chairman they're proposing for Reading is the same guy who was chairman when Wigan started having payment difficulties. Presuming though that the way they'd structure any deal would be different as you'd expect the FL to have a bit of common sense about them when asking questions for the ODT.

Opinion from Reading's fans if this does happen should be one of "high concern" at least to begin with.

Do we know they're proposing him as chairman? Think people are rushing to conclusions.

Tbf, this was a decent letter to Wigan fans. https://wiganathletic.com/news/2023/mar ... al-hammad/

The funding promised just didn't materialise.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Nov 2023 18:18

WestYorksRoyal
Sutekh

Do we know they're proposing him as chairman? Think people are rushing to conclusions.

Tbf, this was a decent letter to Wigan fans. https://wiganathletic.com/news/2023/mar ... al-hammad/

The funding promised just didn't materialise.

It was what I read in the media a few weeks ago but things can change in this game. Anyway we shall see, perhaps Genevra's connection with Wigan might solely be through Mr Al-Hammad (). At the end of the day we can but wait to see what is said if/when a deal is approved.

3809 posts