Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC call board meeting to discuss takeover bids

by Royal Biscuitman » 27 May 2014 14:06

On the face of it, there are two bids.... The one which appears to better favour the club with greater investment from someone who has had success running teams mentions getting rid of some of the directors, who will be the ones deciding which of the bids is the preferred option.

£1 for the club... not a great return for Anton or SJM.... although one hopes SJM has made his money back when the loans were paid off by TSI and they paid £25m for half the club.

No Fixed Abode

Re: Buyout

by No Fixed Abode » 27 May 2014 14:06

Reading4eva Finally the end of Howe. I am starting to prefer Burman's offer. How much is Sagi going to put into the footballing side or is he just going to build a second Oracle on the Carpark?

It's a good idea though - would improve the sterile surroundings and bring a bit of life to the area on non match days.

Struggle Pig

by Struggle Pig » 27 May 2014 14:07

Not to forget that Reading FC have been doing a lot of ground work in India, trying to scout for yet unearthed talent and have set up some academies over there.

Having Mohit Burman in charge can only help improve these cases as we'll improve our reputation and image via his other interests. Having an Indian In charge of us, one who is recognised and respected in his native country could improve our potential revenue incomes from India, which is obviously a largely untapped market in football.

Teams are well recognised in Asia, but India gives the possibility of over a billion potential fans buying a piece of merchandise. That's got to be worth £££££££'s.

My vote (as if it matters) is Mohit Burman, for my points above as well as what others have said regarding his record in sports previously. Although so long as the club continues to be successful and run correctly and we don't implode spectacularly, I will be happy with whomever owns the club.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 27 May 2014 14:08

Reading4eva Finally the end of Howe. I am starting to prefer Burman's offer. How much is Sagi going to put into the footballing side or is he just going to build a second Oracle on the Carpark?

Well, surely the fact that both bids are £1 + debts either means that Sagi's proven that he's interested and capable of running our football club and that's why he's preferred bidder, or alternatively that the current board would rather remain on the board at the expense of a better offer - sports-wise - from Burman. I would hope that it's the former.

EPR2.0

by EPR2.0 » 27 May 2014 14:13

And while Sagi brings real estate plans to the table with his bid, including building a shopping centre on the car park at Madejski Stadium,

That could be pretty cool actually, presumably a multi-story car park can be incorporated with at least as much if not more than the currently available space, together with a Nandos and bloody big Wetherspoons.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 27 May 2014 14:20

EPR2.0
And while Sagi brings real estate plans to the table with his bid, including building a shopping centre on the car park at Madejski Stadium,

That could be pretty cool actually, presumably a multi-story car park can be incorporated with at least as much if not more than the currently available space, together with a Nandos and bloody big Wetherspoons.
plus the Green Park station may get built a bit quicker as the planners can insist on a cash contribution towards the costs before they approve it, particularly if the car park is no longer there/replaced with a shopping mall

The downside is that Sir John wants to keep his apartment above the hotel and a shopping mall might affect his view, so he may veto it for the other bid.

My concern is that the developer guy wants to buy the club for the land and will then sell it's on and then sell it on to someone else, maybe the stadium as well with the club becoming tenants along with London Irish and whoever else wants to rent it.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 27 May 2014 14:35

Yorkshire Royal
HoneyRoastHoax
Yorkshire Royal I'm just going to make this point again. Teddy Sagi is adept at and focused on making more money. You cannot make money out of owning a football club. If he wants to buy Reading FC, it's 100% for the real estate potential that someone has highlighted to him. He will not invest his own money into the club and will have no real interest in it. He does not even especially care about football. We will not see him at games, he will not speak publicly (he doesn't really speak English anyway) and will simply leave the board in place to run the club, debt free admittedly. He has no interest in Reading as a place or the people/supporters of Reading.

Once he's made his money from what ever deal he has seen, he will sell the club and move on to the next deal.

I'm not therefore convinced he is really the kind of owner a typical football fan would want for their club.

haha you know absolutely none of that for sure. The only reason you say about the real estate is because a journalist said it.

We know nothing of intentions.

We know he is rich. He is interested and he likes football enough to have a box at Chelsea.

That's all we know.

Nah - I pretty much do know it for sure. He's rich because he is very good at making money. You don't do that with a football club. The box at Chelsea is Playtech's. They also have one at the Emirates as well. Don't believe everything, or indeed, anything the Mail says. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/alistair-osborne/9241941/Just-what-sort-of-games-is-Playtech-playing.html - Playtech did indeed get admitted to the FTSE despite stuff like that. Helps paint a more genuine picture of an individual who, as described, is remarkably adept at making money.

He owns Playtech so it is his box.

So how do you pretty much know for sure that he wants the club 100% for the real estate?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 May 2014 14:41

If Prudential allowed parking at their offices in Green Park, we wouldn't need the car park at the football ground. But building shops etc on there? It's bad enough when people decide to go to Costco just before a game, or just as it finishes, without the extra traffic that a new shopping centre would generate. If this Teddy bloke is only looking at the £££s to be gained from building on th car park and possibly the dome (?) - he's clearly not buying "the football club" per se and will probably end up knocking the stadium down to build a massive M&S there instead. Or something.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 27 May 2014 14:47

Its amazing that people can firmly give their support to Offer A or Offer B without seeing any of the details and only reading a few speculative lines from a questionable local journo.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 May 2014 14:50

Hence we're posting under RUMOURS & GOSSIP Rougie me old mucker!

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 27 May 2014 14:54

The Rouge Its amazing that people can firmly give their support to Offer A or Offer B without seeing any of the details and only reading a few speculative lines from a questionable local journo.

This

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 27 May 2014 15:12

Yellowcoat I always find it interesting that people who claim to be ITK often refer to articles that are at least two years old as their source of information.

I posted that article to try and show the readers of this board a well researched and written investigation into the activities of Playtech and their majority shareholder Teddy Sagi as opposed to the recent Daily Mail smear tied into their anti gambling crusade that you all found immediately. Within that article you will have read that Teddy likes to buy companies and then sell them for more. Normally to Playtech. That's not a source of any of my information so you can politely do one.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 27 May 2014 15:17

kwik-silva

Well, surely the fact that both bids are £1 + debts either means that Sagi's proven that he's interested and capable of running our football club and that's why he's preferred bidder, or alternatively that the current board would rather remain on the board at the expense of a better offer - sports-wise - from Burman. I would hope that it's the former.

The bid has to be what's best for the shareholders and since most of the debt is owed to the Russian shareholders they will want whoever is most likely to pay the debt off sooner..... although it may be in their best interests to play them off against each other, If a bidding war develops the price may increase ten fold to £10.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 27 May 2014 15:27

We appointed 3 new directors last week. 2 of them are Sir Ms daughters

https://twitter.com/Royaltypoints

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 May 2014 15:29

I'm kind of wary of a bid that promises to come in pay all the debts off then throw money at establishing the club in the Premiership.

I'm also wary of a bid that comes in promises to redevelop 75% of the land owned by the club.

Let's be honest, if someone walked through the door with what TSI were offering in 2012, you'd take it ahead of either of these two bids.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 27 May 2014 15:32

HoneyRoastHoax We appointed 3 new directors last week. 2 of them are Sir Ms daughters

https://twitter.com/Royaltypoints

Surely different appointing them to Holdings PLC rather than the actual club? I don't know what difference it makes but..

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 27 May 2014 15:38

No Fixed Abode

It's a good idea though - would improve the sterile surroundings and bring a bit of life to the area on non match days.

Especially if they open up some bars

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 27 May 2014 16:01

HoneyRoastHoax He owns Playtech so it is his box.

So how do you pretty much know for sure that he wants the club 100% for the real estate?

He doesn't own Playtech. Playtech are publicly listed on the FTSE.

And to your second point - because I can. I don't need to justify it any further. I stand by everything I have said. If Teddy Sagi buys Reading FC then it will be purely about making money and nothing about football.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 27 May 2014 16:18

Yorkshire Royal
HoneyRoastHoax He owns Playtech so it is his box.

He doesn't own Playtech. Playtech are publicly listed on the FTSE.

And to your second point - because I can. I don't need to justify it any further. I stand by everything I have said. If Teddy Sagi buys Reading FC then it will be purely about making money and nothing about football.

haha He is the founder and presumably majority shareholder

You said
it's 100% for the real estate potential

Just stop being so matter of fact about everything and you won't get so angry. You may be right but only time will tell.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 27 May 2014 16:25

I don't care about the buyout anymore, I'm salivating at the idea of a date with Glen Little.

8684 posts