BFTG Ipswich

Steve_Upper_West

BFTG Ipswich

by Steve_Upper_West » 03 Feb 2016 00:29

Well that was a pretty crap evening.... and that was before I got diverted 20 miles down the M20 :evil:

We did not look good tonight, plenty of drive from Williams and Vydra but we just could not keep hold of the ball.

Norwood had a poor game as did Cooper - time to bring back McShane. Hal huffed and puffed but was surprisingly (given his recent performances) muscled off the ball more than once. Kermy was dreadful although to be fair was probably not playing in his best position.

Best chance came with about 15 minutes to go when McCleary got away down the right wing cut into the box but could not decide whether to shoot or try and slot the ball through to Vydra and ended up 'passing' the ball to their keeper.

The weather did not help but there was just about zero atmosphere in the ground - glad to get back in the car and put the heating on, until the diversion !

marlowuk

Re: BFTG Ipswich

by marlowuk » 03 Feb 2016 01:02

Steve_Upper_West Well that was a pretty crap evening.... glad to get back in the car and put the heating on, until the diversion !

Sorry - I misread that last bit as '...until division 1'. But it feels a bit that way at the moment!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Feb 2016 07:06

Just 8 wins away from home in the league in 18 months now.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Feb 2016 07:40

Royal_jimmy Just 8 wins away from home in the league in 18 months now.

Shocking Stat!

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 03 Feb 2016 07:55

Fair play to everyone who travelled from Reading for that one.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 03 Feb 2016 09:31

WAZZOCK Fair play to everyone who travelled from Reading for that one.

The away attendance was 205.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 03 Feb 2016 09:39

Reading once again waiting until their a goal down before they look like a team with any purpose.

Ipswich a reasonable opponent, can't expect to just win here but they were poor last night and there for the taking.

But we just have no drive, no ambition and no hunger in the first halves of these football matches. It's all very well celebrating the fact we can come from behind and get back into games, but I want to see us not have to go behind in the first place.

Subs once again turn Reading's performance around. Surely we have to start seeing this as more than a coincidence and set ourselves up properly from the start, no more favourites, no more cold shoulders, just pick the best starting 11 and give us something worth watching for the remaining games.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 03 Feb 2016 09:39

Upper West Ginger
WAZZOCK Fair play to everyone who travelled from Reading for that one.

The away attendance was 205.
Not surprised at £32 a ticket for a midweek game away in Ipswich on the back of our recent form. I'm impressed it was even that many.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Feb 2016 10:18

Hopefully SCIAG is reading this one:

Yann Kermogant is the worst signing in the history of the club.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 03 Feb 2016 10:19

Extended-Phenotype lSubs once again turn Reading's performance around. Surely we have to start seeing this as more than a coincidence and set ourselves up properly from the start, no more favourites, no more cold shoulders, just pick the best starting 11 and give us something worth watching for the remaining games.

Yep, I'm absolutely certain Brian tells the team to go out there and play mediocrely (is that a word?) for the first hour.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 03 Feb 2016 10:23

wingnut
Extended-Phenotype lSubs once again turn Reading's performance around. Surely we have to start seeing this as more than a coincidence and set ourselves up properly from the start, no more favourites, no more cold shoulders, just pick the best starting 11 and give us something worth watching for the remaining games.

Yep, I'm absolutely certain Brian tells the team to go out there and play mediocrely (is that a word?) for the first hour.

He doesn't need to as it just comes naturally............

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 03 Feb 2016 10:31

Extended-Phenotype Reading once again waiting until their a goal down before they look like a team with any purpose.

Ipswich a reasonable opponent, can't expect to just win here but they were poor last night and there for the taking.

But we just have no drive, no ambition and no hunger in the first halves of these football matches. It's all very well celebrating the fact we can come from behind and get back into games, but I want to see us not have to go behind in the first place.

Subs once again turn Reading's performance around. Surely we have to start seeing this as more than a coincidence and set ourselves up properly from the start, no more favourites, no more cold shoulders, just pick the best starting 11 and give us something worth watching for the remaining games.

They're.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Feb 2016 10:34

Brian has to take a lot of the blame surely. He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different outcomes.

Also there were various comments in the match thread like "it's not the end of the world, sometimes you lose games", which is all well and good except it's not sometimes, it's very oxf*rd frequently. We lose too often and win too little. Slippery slide down the table continues. Don't think this team has it in them to string 2 good performances together, I suspect we will be hard pushed to improve on our current position.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Feb 2016 10:35

Pseud O'Nym
Extended-Phenotype Reading once again waiting until their a goal down before they look like a team with any purpose.

They're.

There.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 03 Feb 2016 10:36

They are

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Feb 2016 10:44

Tether

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 03 Feb 2016 10:54

ye ha

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Feb 2016 11:10

What was the shape? 4-3-3 OR 4-2-3-1 again

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Feb 2016 12:01

CountryRoyal Brian has to take a lot of the blame surely. He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different outcomes.

Also there were various comments in the match thread like "it's not the end of the world, sometimes you lose games", which is all well and good except it's not sometimes, it's very oxf*rd frequently. We lose too often and win too little. Slippery slide down the table continues. Don't think this team has it in them to string 2 good performances together, I suspect we will be hard pushed to improve on our current position.

Actually, lately we have stopped losing regularly which is a change for the better, losing 2 out of the last 8 as opposed to 6 out of 7 beforehand. We're just not winning enough yet - as I said last night, only 3 wins in 18 matches, which is awful.

Last night was a very "loseable" game, but we're going to have to start picking up wins in these home games coming up. I'm holding out hope for a miracle, but I fear the play-offs are now out of reach, it's about the cup and just finishing as high as possible.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Feb 2016 12:01

Did we have more than the 1 shot on target?