Charlie savage confimred

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Charlie savage confimred

by Brogue » 26 Jul 2023 10:53

SouthDownsRoyal
Sutekh Official club interview with Charlie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrFKDElbkSg

Nice to hear him mention Bowen in the interview, and also how our training facilities were an attraction.

Should hopefully be a very good signing for us

our training ground is as good as Carrington's? :shock: i mean i knew it was good but when you have united players saying its as good as theirs? wow

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 26 Jul 2023 10:55

Brogue
SouthDownsRoyal
Sutekh Official club interview with Charlie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrFKDElbkSg

Nice to hear him mention Bowen in the interview, and also how our training facilities were an attraction.

our training ground is as good as Carrington's? :shock: i mean i knew it was good but when you have united players saying its as good as theirs? wow

It's newer.

And probably much less crowded...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jul 2023 11:44

Can't be right, we're really unattractive and no one would want to come to us, right?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Jul 2023 11:44

Snowflake Royal Can't be right, we're really unattractive and no one would want to come to us, right?

Hi jimmy

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 26 Jul 2023 11:44

Dirk Gently
Brogue
SouthDownsRoyal

It's newer.

I think Carrington was built in the early 2000s, with at least one expansion since then. The thing is with all the money Man Utd have to develop their facilities, for us to have a training ground as good as Man Utd tells a lot about the level of facilities we've put in place. Especially as very few League One clubs (Derby?) will have a training ground close to what we've got, and most Championship clubs won't.

The training facilities must by one of the key factors a player considers when moving to a new club.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Jul 2023 12:33

Pretty sure I've mentioned this before but I used to live next door to The Cliff in the 90s. I think United still use it for age group games and we used to use it when McGhee was manager and we were playing up north. My bathroom overlooked it and I used to hang a Reading top out of the window.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jul 2023 14:29

Clyde1998
Dirk Gently
Brogue

It's newer.

I think Carrington was built in the early 2000s, with at least one expansion since then. The thing is with all the money Man Utd have to develop their facilities, for us to have a training ground as good as Man Utd tells a lot about the level of facilities we've put in place. Especially as very few League One clubs (Derby?) will have a training ground close to what we've got, and most Championship clubs won't.

The training facilities must by one of the key factors a player considers when moving to a new club.

Absolutely, as that's where they spend most of their "working" days.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 26 Jul 2023 15:13

Did this get under the line before new embargo struck. The announcement said subject to ratification as it was the weekend. I know he started on Tuesday but so do trialists