southwest royals

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: southwest royals

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 12 Oct 2009 18:06

we could have a poll as to who needs to calm down/get a life.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 12 Oct 2009 23:51

There are quite a few of us in the Bristol/Bath area but I do not think the area should extend any further East. I would say that it should be taken to be the area bounded by the M4 in the North and the A36 in the East.

Corky341

by Corky341 » 15 Nov 2009 19:34

Sorry guys, I've only just seen this thread. I live in Street, Somerset. Although I'm a STH, I don't manage many away games. Consequently, if any of our games are shown on TV and you'll all planning on meeting up somewhere, please let me know.

66DD

by 66DD » 29 Nov 2009 09:46

I think that this debate about the size of the branch has gone far enough. The idea of the exiles section within STAR is to make exiles feel included, not excluded. If we were talking about hundreds of members and it was too onerous for the branch officers to keep in touch with everyone then there might be case for looking at the branch boundaries. Until then let's not worry about it.

zummerset

by zummerset » 29 Nov 2009 13:48

What branch officers?

66DD

by 66DD » 29 Nov 2009 22:35

The website talks about a branch chairman:

http://www.star-reading.org/index.php?o ... &Itemid=50

Devon royal

by Devon royal » 29 Apr 2010 16:45

The idea of geting the southwest branch going again never took off im afraid.
My partner and I will look at it again during the summer , if ,and its a big IF ,
there is enough interest then perhaps will try again for next season.

If anyone is interested then use the Star email to contact us during te summer.

STAR_Exiles

by STAR_Exiles » 05 Aug 2010 01:27

South West Royals Update

Unfortunately, Tony and Shirley are unable to look after the STAR SW Royals group this season so we are looking for a volunteer to take over. Last season we had 48 members in the SW region (see UK Exiles page of STAR website for map), of which 21 lived in the counties of Avon, Somerset, Devon and Cornwall.

There is always some debate about what the boundaries of a branch should be, but because we need volunteers to run the group we try to start with as big an area as possible and let the 'splinter groups' develop from there - Midland Branch was once part of Northern Royals until there were enough members in the area and willing volunteers in Rodney and William Pitt to look after it.

In reality, even with the established branches there are members who only want to meet at matches (and possibly share travel) so their location is not always vitally important.

Please have a look at the Exiles pages on the STAR website and the section about what's involved in running a branch. Apart from organising match tickets, whatever else you do is up to the group, so we just need someone to co-ordinate things. We mean it when we say you can do as much or as little as you can manage, because we understand that everyone is a volunteer with many other demands to fit into our busy lives.

If this sounds like something you would like to do, please e-mail exiles@star-reading.org, or pop into the STAR cabin behind the East stand at the Mad Stad. I can't make the Torquay game next week (a bit too far from Cheshire mid-week) so look out for other STAR committee members off the coach if you're interested in getting more involved with STAR SW Royals.

Trevor Mossman
STAR Exiles Co-ordinator

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 05 Aug 2010 05:49

I live west of Penzance, so probably qualify for the SW thingy. Down here, South West means Devon and Cornwall, perhaps to include SW Somerset and West Dorset. All the rest is just West or even worse "Up Country"