Hob Nob Legend

Re: Weekend Football

by genome » 02 May 2024 21:28

Jesus christ.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 May 2024 08:43

Luton Vs Everton tonight, and also Bolton Vs Barnsley in the play offs!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 May 2024 09:07

Royal_jimmy I reckon:

Ipswich win 2-0
Leeds draw 2-2
Birmingham win 3-0
Plymouth and Hull draw 1-1
Sheffield Wednesday win 3-1 at Sunderland
Blackburn get a 1-1 at Leicester

Birmingham survive. Plymouth go down with Hudds and Rotherham

Depends which Norwich turns up at Brum. Norwich are a great attacking team but utter **** defensively. Can see that game going either way and is probably the one game worth televising as it has things riding on it at both ends and isn't an obvious banker either way. Personally think Birmingham will finally sink into the morass, which is what they deserve.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 03 May 2024 20:22

Bolton are 1-0 up at Barnsley in the play-off first leg at half-time. Seems to be a fairly even game from the stats.

Fully expect Bolton to get through the tie.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 04 May 2024 14:35

Hahahaha hahahaha oxf*rd off Birmingham. oxf*rd hope we stuff them next season

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 04 May 2024 16:10

Royal_jimmy Hahahaha hahahaha oxf*rd off Birmingham. oxf*rd hope we stuff them next season

Feels like all the other teams caved in just to send them down. The results were just bizarre.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 May 2024 16:39

Wonder how much belly aching there will be from the Brum support. Can't possibly be their fault for being cr@p and having owners that made another cr@p managerial c0ck up could it?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 May 2024 17:39

Sutekh Wonder how much belly aching there will be from the Brum support. Can't possibly be their fault for being cr@p and having owners that made another cr@p managerial c0ck up could it?

It's their fans' fault that one set of crap owners sold them to another crap owner? You'd think our fans should know better.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 May 2024 18:05

Man City are good enough to win without Craig Paulson’s help. :|

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 May 2024 18:27

Looking like it may be a fairly disappointing final day in the Prem. Can’t see Luton or Burnley catching Forest now, CL places look sewn up too

Imagine the title race will go to the last day but you just can’t see Spurs mustering too much of an effort to help Arsenal out and would be surprised to see West Ham get anything there

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 May 2024 06:23

URZZZZ Looking like it may be a fairly disappointing final day in the Prem. Can’t see Luton or Burnley catching Forest now, CL places look sewn up too

Imagine the title race will go to the last day but you just can’t see Spurs mustering too much of an effort to help Arsenal out and would be surprised to see West Ham get anything there

Forest got lucky with having two of the only 3 sides below then in their last 3 games. Don't suppose Forest could have any more deductions heading their way this week, so welcome to one of the most utterly tedious PL final days for at least a season. Cant wait to see how Sky try to sell it!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 May 2024 08:35

Royal Rother Man City are good enough to win without Craig Paulson’s help. :|

I presume you’re referring to the first penalty.
Was discussing this with a Gooner mate last night and he thinks it wasn’t a great deal different to the Rice/Davies incident from the North London derby.

Whether we like it or not, Ait Nouri was late and anywhere else on the pitch that’s a foul
And that’s the view of the (admittedly small sample size) Gooner jury

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 05 May 2024 10:19

Franchise FC

Was discussing this with a Gooner mate last night and he thinks it wasn’t a great deal different to the Rice/Davies incident from the North London derby.

Whether we like it or not, Ait Nouri was late and anywhere else on the pitch that’s a foul

And yet Doku's chest high kick on Mc Allister, even more blatant, wasn't given in a game that might have had a real bearing on the title whereas yesterday Arsenal would have won regardless.

The worst I feel was the Havertz penalty.
Players have been deliberately leaving a leg behind to get a penalty to as far back as Scholes in the modern era and Rodney Marsh/Francis Lee in the dark ages.

What is crazy is that refs can't see it even when they get to see it again and again and....................................................

A couple of people I know don't now watch Premier League football and on the radio the other day it was said that there is some evidence of fans turning away from the game because of VAR.
It is presumably here to stay as it has been accepted worldwide but it would be interesting to hear from our overseas posters whether it is the hot issue that it is here-my Turkish mate moans about it all the time even though his team is about to win the league there.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 May 2024 12:18

South Coast Royal
Franchise FC

And yet Doku's chest high kick on Mc Allister, even more blatant, wasn't given in a game that might have had a real bearing on the title whereas yesterday Arsenal would have won regardless.

Players have been deliberately leaving a leg behind to get a penalty to as far back as Scholes in the modern era and Rodney Marsh/Francis Lee in the dark ages.

What is crazy is that refs can't see it even when they get to see it again and again and....................................................

A couple of people I know don't now watch Premier League football and on the radio the other day it was said that there is some evidence of fans turning away from the game because of VAR.
It is presumably here to stay as it has been accepted worldwide but it would be interesting to hear from our overseas posters whether it is the hot issue that it is here-my Turkish mate moans about it all the time even though his team is about to win the league there.

Absolutely cannot disagree with the Doku incident. That was a penalty all day long. How the onfield team cannot give it is beyond me. How the VAR team don’t see it is astounding. How the VAR team manage to say that they were both high is a Specsavers moment. And finally, how the PGMOL can back either the onfield or VAR teams is beyond any words.

Liverpool have had a rough deal from a few this season ( 8) )

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 05 May 2024 12:29

Franchise FC
South Coast Royal
Franchise FC I presume you’re referring to the first penalty.

Absolutely cannot disagree with the Doku incident. That was a penalty all day long. How the onfield team cannot give it is beyond me. How the VAR team don’t see it is astounding. How the VAR team manage to say that they were both high is a Specsavers moment. And finally, how the PGMOL can back either the onfield or VAR teams is beyond any words.

In fairness I guess most clubs have but the Doku one and the ludicrous non-offside at Spurs do stand out in Liverpool's season.
From what I have seen Wolves appear to have been the worst sufferers starting with Onana playing at being a boxer which somehow was not thought to be a penalty.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 May 2024 14:37

South Coast Royal
Franchise FC
South Coast Royal

In fairness I guess most clubs have but the Doku one and the ludicrous non-offside at Spurs do stand out in Liverpool's season.
From what I have seen Wolves appear to have been the worst sufferers starting with Onana playing at being a boxer which somehow was not thought to be a penalty.

This entire PL season is not worthy of the title. PGMOL have taken all integrity out of the season and to be quite honest there should be high profile sackings over the incompetence shown this season. Liverpool, I think, would have been fully justified to insist on having their trip to Spurs replayed, and, quite possibly, could be 4/5 points better off if PGMOL hadn't been deciding the outcomes of various games (and they're not the only ones).

And as for Sky's ref watch programme well that really is a load of patronising back scratching cobblers, is Owen really as thick and wimpy as he comes across or is he actually told not to state/ask the bleedin' obvious in case PGMOL withdraw their backing?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 May 2024 16:25

Comedy suicide defending sets up the mighty Kent derby possibility again.

Meanwhile Chelsea getting the most out of their players before being forced into selling them in the summer.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 05 May 2024 16:48

Sutekh
South Coast Royal
Franchise FC Absolutely cannot disagree with the Doku incident. That was a penalty all day long. How the onfield team cannot give it is beyond me. How the VAR team don’t see it is astounding. How the VAR team manage to say that they were both high is a Specsavers moment. And finally, how the PGMOL can back either the onfield or VAR teams is beyond any words.

This entire PL season is not worthy of the title. PGMOL have taken all integrity out of the season and to be quite honest there should be high profile sackings over the incompetence shown this season. Liverpool, I think, would have been fully justified to insist on having their trip to Spurs replayed, and, quite possibly, could be 4/5 points better off if PGMOL hadn't been deciding the outcomes of various games (and they're not the only ones).

And as for Sky's ref watch programme well that really is a load of patronising back scratching cobblers, is Owen really as thick and wimpy as he comes across or is he actually told not to state/ask the bleedin' obvious in case PGMOL withdraw their backing?

Dear me :roll:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 05 May 2024 16:51

West Ham have conceded more goals than every team in La Liga, every team in Ligue 1, every team bar one in Serie A and every team bar one in the Bundesliga.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 May 2024 17:04

Winston Biscuit West Ham have conceded more goals than every team in La Liga, every team in Ligue 1, every team bar one in Serie A and every team bar one in the Bundesliga.

To be fair, they've conceded more goals than any club in the Premier League outside the bottom 3.

5979 posts