Udo Nwoko, SSN state he will be signing

293 posts
Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 17 Jan 2008 11:43

RoyalBlue
Vision
RoyalBlue
Based on past overseas signings (Ireland not counting in this context) we will have to wait a long time to see what he's like - the reason? SC won't give him the chance!!

Alternatively perhaps like all signings he has to earn the chance to play by what he does on the training pitch.

Given our current predicament, any signings we make need to be able demonstrate that ability on the training pitch in very short timescales. The starting 11 needs strengthening now. We can not afford to merely sign more players who take a long time to show (or never show) on the training pitch that they have the required ability to strengthen that starting 11.

I'd argue that the situation remains the same. Whatever fee we may pay for a player, or however much of a "readymade" player he may appear to be, he still has to earn his place in the team. Something that the likes of Halford and Fae appeared not to understand.

hiro

by hiro » 17 Jan 2008 12:02

Tankman A new Portuguese colleague of mine is a freelance journalist (in his spare time) for World Soccer Magazine and unlike most of the people hereabouts he has actually seen Nwoko play against Benfica (and score!). Reckons he would fit in with the Premiership being very strong on the ball, puts himself about and has an aggressive style - so he sounds like quite a traditional English-style centre forward.

Sound good to be true!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jan 2008 13:32

Vision
RoyalBlue
Vision
RoyalBlue
Based on past overseas signings (Ireland not counting in this context) we will have to wait a long time to see what he's like - the reason? SC won't give him the chance!!

Alternatively perhaps like all signings he has to earn the chance to play by what he does on the training pitch.

Given our current predicament, any signings we make need to be able demonstrate that ability on the training pitch in very short timescales. The starting 11 needs strengthening now. We can not afford to merely sign more players who take a long time to show (or never show) on the training pitch that they have the required ability to strengthen that starting 11.

I'd argue that the situation remains the same. Whatever fee we may pay for a player, or however much of a "readymade" player he may appear to be, he still has to earn his place in the team. Something that the likes of Halford and Fae appeared not to understand.

Don't disagree. Which is why it is absolutely essential that the signings we make have the mindset and ability to come in and do just that in double quick time.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 17 Jan 2008 14:18

So who have we signed here?

Udo Nwoku? his mate? some other player ?

Nobody?

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 17 Jan 2008 14:22

Nobody.

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 17 Jan 2008 14:23

papereyes So who have we signed here?

Udo Nwoku? his mate? some other player ?

Nobody?

Maybe this Nwoku guy but I'm not sure if it is confirmed, CONFIRMED

Can anyone confirm?
Apparantly he's quicker than Jamie Baulch, again if anyone could confirm this that would be great.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 17 Jan 2008 14:33

Why is this here when we're not signing him?

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 17 Jan 2008 14:35

Coppell has said they won't sign him.
On the OS.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 45,00.html

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 17 Jan 2008 14:40

Lock thread

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 17 Jan 2008 14:41

Back to UR&G for this.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 17 Jan 2008 14:44

i reckon the deal fell through, either that or the mail are even more stupid than i previously thought:

Steve Coppell has made Malta midfielder Udo Nwoko Reading's second signing of the transfer window after agreeing a £550,000 deal.

Nwoko, 23, joins Reading from Portuguese side Leixoes on a three-year contract after passing a medical at the Madejski Stadium on Wednesday.

i have to admit i was quite looking forward to seeing this guy sign. oh well

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Jan 2008 14:45

Presumably he couldn't get a Nwoko permit.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 17 Jan 2008 14:46

floyd__streete Presumably he couldn't get a Nwoko permit.

Udon't half come out with some crap floyders!

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 17 Jan 2008 14:46

Cue all those who were complaining about this suddenly start moaning about it not happening.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 17 Jan 2008 14:47

shadesrwrf Cue all those who were complaining about this suddenly start moaning about it not happening.

Nope. Not in the slightest. Although I think Brian McDermott will be disappointed at losing a potential player for the reserve teams league push.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 17 Jan 2008 14:53

papereyes Back to UR&G for this.

It will be swapped for the Jimmy Kebab one!

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 17 Jan 2008 14:54

shadesrwrf Cue all those who were complaining about this suddenly start moaning about it not happening.

we need to freshen up our squad, bringing in new and younger players even if they're not going to be 1st choice will hopefully allow us to get rid of some of the deadwood in the summer so personally i was quite happy to see all these new players coming in.

hope the jimmy kebe deal goes through or suddenly our transfer activity is looking more like what i expected i.e. pretty non-existent

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 17 Jan 2008 15:11

For two whole days I felt like I had a purpose in life. A UR&G thread I'd started had been promoted to the team board. The TEAM BOARD ffs!

I thought I'd made it. I thought I was something special.

After his signing and subsequently outstanding debut at Chelsea I was going to dine out on "I broke the news on Hobnob".

If you see me sitting on the parapet of Caversham Bridge tonight don't stop me. There's no point anymore.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Jan 2008 15:18

lozz2601 Coppell has said they won't sign him.
On the OS.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 45,00.html

He'll be a Reading player by Monday then.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 17 Jan 2008 16:05

That Friday Feeling

For two whole days I felt like I had a purpose in life. A UR&G thread I'd started had been promoted to the team board. The TEAM BOARD ffs!

I thought I'd made it. I thought I was something special.

After his signing and subsequently outstanding debut at Chelsea I was going to dine out on "I broke the news on Hobnob".

If you see me sitting on the parapet of Caversham Bridge tonight don't stop me. There's no point anymore.

Hey don't panic - all it says on the OS is that they do not want to sign him; maybe they will be forced to by the rave reviews received on Hobnob about him? Or maybe they always do things they do not want to do? Who knows ...

293 posts