Paul Mukairu

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Paul Mukairu

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Aug 2023 18:26

Can play anywhere across the front three, although looks to be more of a winger than striker. Trying to sign him on loan from Copenhagen.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Paul Mukairu

by Snowball » 14 Aug 2023 19:10

Some decent clubs and managers have liked him

Seems significantly above League 1 Level

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Aug 2023 19:25

Mentioned that Selles know him from his time at Copenhagen

Assuming this is true

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 14 Aug 2023 19:30

Forest have been linked with him fairly recently so he almost sounds too good for us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Aug 2023 19:31

Seems like a very Reading signing. Flexible forward without a clear position or great scoring or assisting record who doesn’t seem to have played much for a while and has no experience in England.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Aug 2023 19:35

Snowflake Royal Seems like a very Reading signing. Flexible forward without a clear position or great scoring or assisting record who doesn’t seem to have played much for a while and has no experience in England.

One of them will have to come off eventually. Or not.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Aug 2023 20:05

Snowflake Royal Seems like a very Reading signing. Flexible forward without a clear position or great scoring or assisting record who doesn’t seem to have played much for a while and has no experience in England.

You're right there, definitely sounds the perfect fit for Reading. He's 23, Nigerian and signed a 3 year contract with Copenhagan in January 2022.

12 goals in 98 appearances for Antalyaspor, Anderlecht and Copenhagan.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Aug 2023 20:17

blythspartan Forest have been linked with him fairly recently so he almost sounds too good for us.

Forest's interest was in January 2022 when it was reported they'd agreed a deal in principal but that fell through and he moved to Copenhagan instead.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Aug 2023 21:11

What type of player is he? If he's quick and has a bit of end product about him, then he will be class for us. I suspect if all of that was there on top of the pedigree he seems to come with, then he probably wouldn't be linked with us. Not sure, had this type before, but would gladly see one of these pay off and be good for us, and not just in patches.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Aug 2023 08:18

From reading around last night, seems he was very highly rated during his time on loan at Anderlecht and was generally excellent. Forest did want to bring him in during their Championship promotion season but he chose Copenhagen instead.

Not really worked out for him there as only picked up 6 starts with 19 apps off the bench, including 3 in the Champions League last year.

Is probably a solid Championship player, so could be a decent piece of business in L1.

Key for me is that Selles will know him from his time in Denmark, so must like him as a player and Mukairu will know how Selles works.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Aug 2023 09:02

Copenhagen manager in his pre-match presser for their CL Qualification game this week, all but confirmed that Mukairu is meeting us for talks - then tried to back track a little but made it clear he would be moving on shortly. So definite legs in this one, may even happen today/tomorrow if talks go well.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Aug 2023 09:07

Also worth noting that the Copehagen manager was on the coaching staff with Selles, so could well be inclined to do us a favour.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Aug 2023 09:14

Stranded Also worth noting that the Copehagen manager was on the coaching staff with Selles, so could well be inclined to do us a favour.

Depends if he liked him or not

But yes the Selles link may help this one

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Aug 2023 09:24

Getting Lucas Boye vibes. Great on paper, clearly has something about him but doesn't adapt well. Equally you could argue Boye wasn't used in a system that suited him and we could get more out of this guy.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Aug 2023 10:25

WestYorksRoyal Getting Lucas Boye vibes. Great on paper, clearly has something about him but doesn't adapt well. Equally you could argue Boye wasn't used in a system that suited him and we could get more out of this guy.

When Boye was here any system that required him to be able to play a 10 yard pass seemed to not suit him.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 Aug 2023 07:45

I wonder if this signing will mean no Walcott? He sounds like he could be pretty decent, my only concern is at 23 he could be too old for our squad.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2023 07:53

Selles said he hoped for one more before Saturday who I assume is this chap

With Elliott signing, I think I’d be ok with this being the last signing unless a really good opportunity came up. We’ve a big squad now, if the majority pretty young. But seems that’s the way we’re happy to go now

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 Aug 2023 08:01

Hound Selles said he hoped for one more before Saturday who I assume is this chap

With Elliott signing, I think I’d be ok with this being the last signing unless a really good opportunity came up. We’ve a big squad now, if the majority pretty young. But seems that’s the way we’re happy to go now

Apparently, Pereira is still at the club so I am wondering if we’ll be signing him and offloading Bouzanis.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Aug 2023 08:33

blythspartan
Hound Selles said he hoped for one more before Saturday who I assume is this chap

Apparently, Pereira is still at the club so I am wondering if we’ll be signing him and offloading Bouzanis.

Both Mukairu and Pereira were at the game last night, the latter was in Reading training kit/tracksuit so must be on trial at worst - possibly waiting on a move out for Bouzanis/loan for CBC before signing.

Still think we need an exprienced, mobile forward to take pressure of having to play Vickers all the time - if Stansfield on loan can be revived that would be excellent then I'll be happy with the squad for now, if a deal for someone like Walcott comes up then great or as the window gets to an end a player suddenly comes available either on loan or in a similar way to Savage/Elliott then we should go for it. This style of play is going to need 20/22 outfield players of a similar standard who can play this style so we can rotate to try and avoid burnout.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Aug 2023 11:02

Stranded
blythspartan

Both Mukairu and Pereira were at the game last night, the latter was in Reading training kit/tracksuit so must be on trial at worst - possibly waiting on a move out for Bouzanis/loan for CBC before signing.

Still think we need an exprienced, mobile forward to take pressure of having to play Vickers all the time - if Stansfield on loan can be revived that would be excellent then I'll be happy with the squad for now, if a deal for someone like Walcott comes up then great or as the window gets to an end a player suddenly comes available either on loan or in a similar way to Savage/Elliott then we should go for it. This style of play is going to need 20/22 outfield players of a similar standard who can play this style so we can rotate to try and avoid burnout.

Agree. The club's remaining priority is getting a decent striking option or two into the club. Mind you that's been an issue with the club for years!