Speculation: McFadden

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 17 Jan 2008 23:00

Baines
Tredder Just out of interest Ian, have you ever seen Marek play?

The less you know, the easier it is to have an opinion.

I'm noticing that with Ians posts.

Tinrib

by Tinrib » 17 Jan 2008 23:05

Second club move for Faddy
Scot yet to agree terms with Birmingham
Last updated: 17th January 2008

McFadden: Meeting with another club

James McFadden's move to Birmingham City is on hold after a second club entered the chase for the Everton forward.

Skysports.com understands that the Scotland international left St Andrews earlier on Thursday without reaching an agreement.

Everton had given Birmingham permission to speak to McFadden after accepting a fee in the region of £5.5million.

Blues boss Alex McLeish was hopeful of signing the former Motherwell youngster upon the completion of a medical and successful talks regarding personal terms.

But the transfer has not gone through, with McFadden now understood to be ready to meet with a second club.

Scottish champions Celtic have previously tried to sign the versatile attacker on loan, but the identity of the new bidders has not been disclosed.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 46,00.html

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2008 23:15

Tredder
Baines

Whatever.

I'm basing my opinion on descriptions of the player, the type of league he played in, his national side and some clips. Which is all anyone has to go on. I happen to think these things indicate exactly the type of player we need.

I will of course pass judgement when he has played a few games, until then, I think he sounds like exactly the sort of player we need. That is certainly more constructive than writing him off becuase he didn't cost much, Fae was a failure, he hasn't gone straight into the team and he's not a known name.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 17 Jan 2008 23:18

So Marek will work out because he played in the Czech 1st Division (his team finished below Ceske Budejovice and Olomouc)?

:wink:

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 17 Jan 2008 23:20

Ian Royal
Tredder
Baines

Whatever.

I'm basing my opinion on descriptions of the player, the type of league he played in, his national side and some clips. Which is all anyone has to go on. I happen to think these things indicate exactly the type of player we need.

I will of course pass judgement when he has played a few games, until then, I think he sounds like exactly the sort of player we need. That is certainly more constructive than writing him off becuase he didn't cost much, Fae was a failure, he hasn't gone straight into the team and he's not a known name.

So the sensible thing to do is to reserve judgment entirely, until you've seen him in the flesh a few times. Pre-judging him at all one way or the other is just moronic.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2008 23:25

No it is not, I am making a reasoned judgement based on the available information. That judgement is open to review when more information is avaialable and if he is shit I will hold my hands up and say I got it wrong.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 17 Jan 2008 23:28

But the information is insufficient to be able to say anything sensible on the subject. So say nothing.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2008 23:41

Baines But the information is insufficient to be able to say anything sensible on the subject. So say nothing.

I disagree.

Also what would the point be if we all jsut said nothing about new signings until they had played 10 games?

I have yet to see anyone offer any resonable or sensible reasons why Marek might not be up to it other than he comes from the Czech league. Not going straight into the team would be a reasonable point as well, but for the very good and obvious reasons he has not.

Of course, this being HNA and Reading struggling at the moment he must be shit because:

a) he's foreign
b) he doesn't come from a big league
c) he didn't cost a lot
d) Fae has been ropey
e) Cisse is only now getting a chance
f) Halford was rubbish
g) blah blah blah

All of which have no significance what-so-ever, whereas the style of play in his previous league, his international status, his type of play and position and a Youtube clip do. All be it limited significance.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 17 Jan 2008 23:43

What is the style of play in the Czech 1st Division?

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 17 Jan 2008 23:44

Ian Royal Also what would the point be if we all jsut said nothing about new signings until they had played 10 games?

If we waited until we had at least seen some games before forming opinion, our judgment would be more likely to be correct, than if that judgment is based on youtube clips/what some numpty on an internet forum says.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 17 Jan 2008 23:48

A big and hearty ALOL @ Youtube clip.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 18 Jan 2008 01:19

Tinrib Second club move for Faddy

James McFadden's move to Birmingham City is on hold after a second club entered the chase for the Everton forward.

Skysports.com understands that the Scotland international left St Andrews earlier on Thursday without reaching an agreement.

Everton had given Birmingham permission to speak to McFadden after accepting a fee in the region of £5.5million.

Blues boss Alex McLeish was hopeful of signing the former Motherwell youngster upon the completion of a medical and successful talks regarding personal terms.

But the transfer has not gone through, with McFadden now understood to be ready to meet with a second club.

Scottish champions Celtic have previously tried to sign the versatile attacker on loan, but the identity of the new bidders has not been disclosed.

I wish it was us, but sadly i know its not :cry:

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 18 Jan 2008 07:33

Geekins

How do you 'know'? I'm sure it's not, but I don't 'know'. Are you privy to the bids our club has made? Or are you good friends with Mr. McFadden?

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 18 Jan 2008 08:24

Geekins

Fads would fit in really well to Readings system. Sadly I suspect the other team that he is speaking to may well be Celtic or even Rangers and to be fair I am not convinced that we can offer the same as them in regards to champions league

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 18 Jan 2008 08:34

bigmike
Geekins

Fads would fit in really well to Readings system. Sadly I suspect the other team that he is speaking to may well be Celtic or even Rangers and to be fair I am not convinced that we can offer the same as them in regards to champions league

You're not convinced we can offer him Champions League? :lol: I am 100% sure we can't offer him CL!

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 18 Jan 2008 09:13

Rawlie19
Geekins

How do you 'know'? I'm sure it's not, but I don't 'know'. Are you privy to the bids our club has made? Or are you good friends with Mr. McFadden?

Why would he come here?? No one else wants too!

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 18 Jan 2008 09:14

Geekins
Rawlie19
Geekins

Who has turned us down then?

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 18 Jan 2008 09:31

Geekins
Rawlie19
Geekins

So you don't 'know' then. Thanks for clearing that up. Too two to.

Jase_Royals

by Jase_Royals » 18 Jan 2008 10:05

Just broke on SSN that sources understand he will complete his move to Brum later today!

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 18 Jan 2008 10:42

Mcfadden is the type of mould player that Reading require right now and do not understand why we are not going for these types of players, He would provide natural width with the left side of Midfield or the ability to play directly behind the front two and provide for the goals. Very skillful and highly rated.

other players openly available atm that it dosnt seem we have made an approach for are the likes of Routledge, a natural right winger (which we have not got atm) with bags of pace and skill, still young and improving and available for minimal outlay for a homegrown talent.

At the back we are lacking in pace and strength, with Inga and Sonks being caught out a few times. put in some cheeky bids for the likes of Onouha, davenport, tel ben haim, Fortune (from Chalton) or Gabbidon. a shake up at the back is needed for the older guard to work a bit harder. both Inga and Marcus have made far to many mistakes this season and cost us goals. Sonko is still not fully fit and should not have been rushed back so quickly. If Thomas Sorenson is available for £500k surely thats a bargain for a proven premiership keeper, great shot stopper and fairly reliable.