Royals fans doing a runner?

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 10 Sep 2006 19:00

At the Hammers v Villa game this afternoon, five minutes from the end, it was one all. One of the new Argentinian signings (the fat one) was on the field. Everything to play for...... and they were streaming out.

It happens everywhere, so what is the point of the numerous threads on this subject?

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 10 Sep 2006 19:22

Royalee People who leave games early are pretty pathetic to be honest.

People like you who post things like this are pretty pathetic! Does it really matter, you pay your money and take your choice. I've sat next to several football scouts in my time, and they invariably leave before the end of a game. By the way do I have to put my hand up next time I want to go to the toilet!

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 10 Sep 2006 19:44

Does it really matter?
If you choose to leave early and miss a goal its tough luck and your loss.

If you choose to stay and watch us concede a goal or play rubbish for the last few minutes its our loss I suppose.

I never leave early and sometimes wish more fans did as it makes my exit quicker after I have applauded the team off.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 10 Sep 2006 19:46

Why would anyone want to leave early if its a great game?

I seem to remember loads of people leaving early against ipswich two seasons ago. They missed ipswich's goal, and our reply,lol.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Sep 2006 09:13

Royal Lady Shows how often you go you pLOLastic Abbo! They have the guys with fosters on their back already! :roll:

not very often in the north stand they ruddy well dont,

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Sep 2006 09:56

No matter how busy my life is, or how long I have to wait when I leave the stadium I would NEVER EVER leave early.

It's not because of the players, or what others may think. It's because of the £545 that I spent a season ticket and the fact that I don't want to miss a second of the game.

What I don't understand is how others can spend £32-£35 of whatever it is on a game, and leave 5 minutes early - why? I don't care that you do, I just don't understand it.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 11 Sep 2006 10:06

John Peel I think some fans need to chill out. So what if someones decides to leave early - that's their loss not yours. Have you got evidence that everyone who goes early is a plastic?!

It's OK if you want to pile into the bar after the game and have a few beers until it dies down but if you've got to travel back to somewhere like London - and there are quite a few London exiles - then you've got to understand how long it takes me to get back. I know someone who did actually stay till the end of our first Prem game but ended up queuing for almost an hour for a bus and getting home about 7.30 pm! Most people would've long been home by then.

Perhaps some people have to work out different methods of travel. For instance, a ten minute walk to Basingstoke road gets you on a number 8 (I think) bus which goes to the station and there's hardly a queue for that one.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 11 Sep 2006 10:12

What winds me up at the end of a game is people standing in the isles clapping the players or watching the results of other matches on the big screen and not walking as they are doing it.

Can these people not multi-task? :shock:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Sep 2006 10:18

Gordons Cumming What winds me up at the end of a game is people standing in the isles clapping the players or watching the results of other matches on the big screen and not walking as they are doing it.

Can these people not multi-task? :shock:

Indeed.

Apart from being dangerous it is bloody annoying as they block the view of the remaining match, and stop everytime something happends on the pitch.

I've seen quite a few instances in Y25 where "words have been exchanged" regarding this issue. As fans remaining seated and watching the game can't see due to those standing, and starting to leave the game.

Leave 80 minutes early for all I care, but if you do, then LEAVE, don't stand round on the isles for 10 minutes watching part of the game.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 11 Sep 2006 10:21

I meant after the game, bobby.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 11 Sep 2006 10:24

Gordons Cumming I meant after the game, bobby.

Their too busy Oohing and cheering at other teams results

Fulham 0 Bolton 0 ooohhhh
Wycombe 0 Chester 1 yeahhhh ooohhh

Who gives a shit????????? :?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 11 Sep 2006 10:30

Alan Partridge
Gordons Cumming I meant after the game, bobby.

Their too busy Oohing and cheering at other teams results

Fulham 0 Bolton 0 ooohhhh
Wycombe 0 Chester 1 yeahhhh ooohhh

Who gives a shit????????? :?

Wycombe 1, Chester 0 I believe. :wink:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 11 Sep 2006 10:33

They were just the first few rubbish teams I thought of and made up some scores GC :wink:

SouthernExile

by SouthernExile » 11 Sep 2006 10:40

How very British.

People leaving early!

'Posh' West Standers not going to away matches!

Oh someone call the Daily Mail. This country's going to the dogs.

Et on tuera tous les affreux

Tolerance & Choice. Both over-rated.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 11 Sep 2006 12:22

I view it similar to how I view watching my children in a school event (school play, football match, atletics meet, etc). I support my kids. I support Reading FC. I therefore do not leave Reading FC matches early and neither do I leave events involving my kids early (aside from the fact that they need a lift home from me!). Both should have my support and both get it - except in exceptional circumstances. I don't like to judge others but on this occasion I'm going to. If you leave early as a matter of course, that's you're right - but you're wrong to do it. There, I've said it! It's bound to affect the players no matter how "professional" they are.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 11 Sep 2006 12:56

FiNeRaIn I seem to remember loads of people leaving early against ipswich two seasons ago. They missed ipswich's goal, and our reply,lol.

LOL @ me getting up to leave in a total strop at Ipswich's apparent 90th minute winner, stomping down the steps in temper and then a ballistic crowd surge at the bottom of the Y25 at Ivar's equaliser cue Compo's Hat landing on my back and yours truly getsuring wildly to the Ipswich fans who had moments earlier invaded the pitch in premature celebration. Thoroughly enjoyable goal celebration 8)

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 11 Sep 2006 14:49

SouthernExile How very British.

People leaving early!

'Posh' West Standers not going to away matches!

Oh someone call the Daily Mail. This country's going to the dogs.

Et on tuera tous les affreux

Tolerance & Choice. Both over-rated.

I sit in the West Stand and will be attending all games this season thank you very much. I agree with the stereotype on the whole though.

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 11 Sep 2006 14:54

I believe in live and let live.

P.S.
People who leave early are scum and a cancer on the club I love.

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 11 Sep 2006 15:11

I understand some people do need to leave early for whatever reason, not everyone lives local, but that is a tiny percentage. I don't get why the rest choose to miss 5-10 mins of a match when, as we all know, anything can happen in this game.

I don't get it, but I don't really care either, I will never leave early because I enjoy staying till the end to applaud and everything else. I always have a chuckle when we score a late goal knowing those people missed it - It's their problem not ours!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 11 Sep 2006 15:15

I don't leave early however it make look like it.

I leave my seat early and stand in the disabled area leaving me a swift exit at the end of the game.

I then don't get behind the slackers who dawdle on the isles. :wink: