Sonko

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 12 Sep 2006 10:46

Arch Good thread. The Real Yorkshire Royal! Not to be mistaken with that utter tit YorkshireRoyal...

Yes, it's a bit confusing, which one is which!

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 12 Sep 2006 11:05

thought Murts had a good game last night, didn't struggle with Reyna at all and the tackle on Corradi before we scored was a great last ditch interception

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 12 Sep 2006 11:08

Row Z Royal
Dickov is one of the hardest strikers to mark in the Prem

Are you having a laugh.

Chicken Balti Pie
Location: Sleep pattern fcuked by watchin the English batsmen struggle....

by Chicken Balti Pie » 12 Sep 2006 11:10

Big Ern
Row Z Royal
Dickov is one of the hardest strikers to mark in the Prem

Are you having a laugh.

Yes you can't go near him or he dives.

Saying that he dives when no-one is near him too :wink:

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 12 Sep 2006 11:12

Alan Partridge Well I'm a big fan of Ivar it must be said. I was and still am concerned about his lack of pace but against sides like City who don't have much then he's great. He's a good footballer, deceptively good in the air and brave as a lion. What a buy at £100k!

I just don't think you can say Sonko was THAT good tonight. He was great in the last 10 mins when he really dominated everything on the air but at times he looked well like Sonko does!! Cult hero! :lol: There are things he needs to work on, a lot more than Ivar who's only problem is pace.

Gotta be said thought Harps was poor again tonight and Bryn has to be knocking on the door.

He gave a really silly freekick away in the second half righton the edge of our box. Needs more experience but I have confidence in his potential.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 12 Sep 2006 11:28

MartinRdg He gave a really silly freekick away in the second half righton the edge of our box. Needs more experience but I have confidence in his potential.

Indeed he did. Could easily have been another clumsy penalty like at Villa. He performed well but still needs to improve.

Sonko is Spiderman.

retired aggro
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Behaving in a drunk, Unruly And Arrogant, Truculent, Abusive And Non-compliant manner

by retired aggro » 12 Sep 2006 11:46

Row Z Royal Dickov is one of the hardest strikers to mark in the Prem and Sonko had him in his pocket.

:lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Sep 2006 11:52

sonko is spiderman

ivar is superman on tonight s performance

murts is batman, and shorey is robin

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 12 Sep 2006 11:53

Space Cruiser Yes, it's a bit confusing, which one is which!

I was here first! It's all about the space.. I try and post defending my name after he makes a particularly twat like post but I'm not always around to make sure. To clarify, I'm the one who doesn't like going out in Reading very much!

Row Z Royal Dickov is one of the hardest strikers to mark in the Prem and Sonko had him in his pocket.

Which means when he has to play against amateurs like Henry and Rooney, then lets face the points are in the bag :wink:
Last edited by Yorkshire Royal on 12 Sep 2006 13:44, edited 1 time in total.

retired aggro
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Behaving in a drunk, Unruly And Arrogant, Truculent, Abusive And Non-compliant manner

by retired aggro » 12 Sep 2006 11:59

The other thing that you fail to mention re Dikov is the sitter he missed early on when he was totaly unmarked. Any decent striker would have put that away. Luckily parts of the game like this are missed by the blinkered and Sonko continues to be calles super man

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 12 Sep 2006 12:03

Did he really do anything special last night? A man of his size and physical presence should have no problems in winning headers against Corradi and Dickov. His distribution is still poor and his marking and positioning at times was questionable but he is adequate at this level for what we need.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 12 Sep 2006 13:38

Yorkshire Royal
Yorkshire Royal Yes, it's a bit confusing, which one is which!

I was here first! It's all about the space.. I try and post defending my name after he makes a particularly twat like post but I'm not always around to make sure. To clarify, I'm the one who doesn't like going out in Reading very much!

You could try asking the mods if it's possible to set YorkshireRoyal's profile to have an auto signature with a disclaimer along the lines of :

"-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER:
The opinions included in the above are solely those of YorkshireRoyal
and should not be confused with the infinitely more lucid and sensible
comments likely to be posted by Yorkshire Royal
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

Getting back to the thread - Sonko was immense last night but the Man City front line were tailor made for him. I find it very hard to believe that a side with those forwards has serious asperations of getting into Europe next season.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 12 Sep 2006 13:45

It's fair to say that they couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Sep 2006 13:46

LOL @ those doubting his concentration and ability to perform at the top level. He's been exceptional thus far this season, probably our best player along with Sidwell and Doyle.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 12 Sep 2006 13:48

LOL @ those with the blinkers on thinking he was 'immense' last night. At times he was yes and at others would have got punished by decent forwards, thankfully City had none.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Sep 2006 13:52

Alan Partridge LOL @ those with the blinkers on thinking he was 'immense' last night. At times he was yes and at others would have got punished by decent forwards, thankfully City had none.

LOL @ you.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 12 Sep 2006 13:55

Royalee
Alan Partridge LOL @ those with the blinkers on thinking he was 'immense' last night. At times he was yes and at others would have got punished by decent forwards, thankfully City had none.

LOL @ you.

If you like but we'll see who's right in the end.

The last 15 minutes or so he was outstanding, winning everything but there were some worrying moments as ever with Sonko. Better forwards would have punished 1 or two moments of indecision. But thankfully PauLOL Dickov and the other guy were utter trash.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Sep 2006 13:57

Alan Partridge
Royalee

LOL @ you.

If you like but we'll see who's right in the end.

The last 15 minutes or so he was outstanding, winning everything but there were some worrying moments as ever with Sonko. Better forwards would have punished 1 or two moments of indecision. But thankfully PauLOL Dickov and the other guy were utter trash.

There will be times in a game when even the likes of John Terry and Rio Ferdinand will get beaten to the ball in the way Dickov got that ball threaded through. Dickov is a proven Premiership striker and it's a measure of how much Sonko has come on that he was able to nick in and recover excellently. Distin is supposed to be a decent Premiership defender and look how many times Doyle got through and beat him! I'd rather have Sonko than Distin and that's saying a lot.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 12 Sep 2006 14:00

Royalee There will be times in a game when even the likes of John Terry and Rio Ferdinand will get beaten to the ball in the way Dickov got that ball threaded through. Dickov is a proven Premiership striker and it's a measure of how much Sonko has come on that he was able to nick in and recover excellently. Distin is supposed to be a decent Premiership defender and look how many times Doyle got through and beat him! I'd rather have Sonko than Distin and that's saying a lot.

ALOL!

Distin is about 7 times as good as Sonko and i'd swap them in a heartbeat.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 12 Sep 2006 14:03

Maguire
Royalee There will be times in a game when even the likes of John Terry and Rio Ferdinand will get beaten to the ball in the way Dickov got that ball threaded through. Dickov is a proven Premiership striker and it's a measure of how much Sonko has come on that he was able to nick in and recover excellently. Distin is supposed to be a decent Premiership defender and look how many times Doyle got through and beat him! I'd rather have Sonko than Distin and that's saying a lot.

ALOL!

Distin is about 7 times as good as Sonko and i'd swap them in a heartbeat.

How many times Doyle beat Distin?, I can remember 1 and Doyle ran it out for a goal kick!! The only other time, Long won a flick on, Doyle was certain to score and a Mr S Distin went sliding in and stopped a certain goal? Or was I imagining things :? :lol: