Man Utd

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 Sep 2006 23:04

Having something of a Leeds connection I don't much like the Red Scum but I have seen their away fans "perform" a few times and you can't knock them I'm afraid.

As for on the pitch - it's 11 v 11, anything can happen etc etc.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 18 Sep 2006 23:04

Half Horse
Harold
alad
Half Horse Well, we're not paticularly rich but we are relatively successfull and I don't feel the need to shout my mouth off on another club's board because I'm a closet Man U fan.

I guess you're another of those 99% of Man U supporters who have never seen their team play. And even if you're not you're simply a piece of shit for supporting them in the first place. Glory hunting oxf*rd!

Simpleton.

:lol:

Hey Man U scum. If I give you my address would you like to pop round and say that to my face?

Point proved.

Cheers.

Half Horse
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Half Horse » 18 Sep 2006 23:08

alad
Half Horse
Harold
alad
Half Horse Well, we're not paticularly rich but we are relatively successfull and I don't feel the need to shout my mouth off on another club's board because I'm a closet Man U fan.

I guess you're another of those 99% of Man U supporters who have never seen their team play. And even if you're not you're simply a piece of shit for supporting them in the first place. Glory hunting oxf*rd!

Simpleton.

:lol:

Hey Man U scum. If I give you my address would you like to pop round and say that to my face?

Point proved.

Cheers.

As I thought - bottle gone :lol:

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 18 Sep 2006 23:09

Feel free to PM me.

Half Horse
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Half Horse » 18 Sep 2006 23:14

alad Feel free to PM me.

Have done. Feel free to make excuses.

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 19 Sep 2006 07:23

Didn't worry about Man U (or the rest of the Prem to be honest) before we were up and don't now. Whether they beat us or not they are just another club with eleven players employed to do what ours are employed to do. Win. Are they wittier and noisier than us? If they win, maybe. More songs? So the f)ck what? Fabled 'away' support better than the prawn sandwich brigade? And? I think you'll find that whatever status a club holds, whatever league it's in, proportionally, it will have a similar mix of decents, retards, 'lads', drunkards etc. I love passion and atmosphere, hate sitting down. But love what's gone on at the Mad the last two games. Some of the old Reading spirit back from older days. That's all I'm worried about. And winning. Unfortunately our visitors from the north's club name has an appellation that many posters here do not seem to understand when getting behind Reading. The word 'united'.

Royal Yorkshire

by Royal Yorkshire » 19 Sep 2006 08:18

Obviously a win would be nice,
But to be honest with these so called 'bigger' games, Im not to bothered about the result,
As long as the fans and the team put 110% in to make it an exciting game - that'll do for me.
A win would really make the day!!

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 19 Sep 2006 08:35

FiNeRaIn
Half Horse Why are so many people on here bigging up Man U? They're a scum club with cheating players and scum supporters. They're successful because like Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal they have money. No other reason. We WILL beat them!

They have good away fans. I expect half the ground to watch on in admiration at them in full voice.
They have a better team, and when all the clueless mugs boo ronaldo they are going to give us endless stick for the rest of the game, and leave us with egg on our faces. Just wait and see.

Who cares. If you youngsters want to gape and dribble with admiration at a load of glory hunting people from the south west go ahead. Some of us will be watching the football.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 19 Sep 2006 08:50

FiNeRaIn Evening Post is spot on. Football is about atmosphere and passion. Standing up in seats is far safer than terracing. There are no surges and no crushes in all seater stadiums. You will simply fall over and land down a row or two and maybe knock the odd person, its pathetic being asked to sit down and I won't do it. As for the result we will get stufed, but lets do the club proud by creating an atmopshere and making the ground lively.

Yea exactly. Win or lose, let's show people (like we have done so far) that we don't only sing when we're winning and can outsing any other supporters (also like we have done so far).

oxf*rd their reputation and oxf*rd their fans, we can be better.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 19 Sep 2006 08:54

bobby1413
FiNeRaIn Evening Post is spot on. Football is about atmosphere and passion. Standing up in seats is far safer than terracing. There are no surges and no crushes in all seater stadiums. You will simply fall over and land down a row or two and maybe knock the odd person, its pathetic being asked to sit down and I won't do it. As for the result we will get stufed, but lets do the club proud by creating an atmopshere and making the ground lively.

Yea exactly. Win or lose, let's show people (like we have done so far) that we don't only sing when we're winning and can outsing any other supporters (also like we have done so far).

oxf*rd their reputation and oxf*rd their fans, we can be better.

I will be watching in silence until I see something worthy of applause then will probably clap.

boycey

by boycey » 19 Sep 2006 08:59

it's not that the utd support is that great , they just seem to be more grown up.... no jester hat wearing families or village idiots listening to transistor radios . they will just be lads out for the football and beer . the way it should be.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Sep 2006 09:14

boycey it's not that the utd support is that great , they just seem to be more grown up.... no jester hat wearing families or village idiots listening to transistor radios . they will just be lads out for the football and beer . the way it should be.

The only way it should be is to have fans supporting the team in the way they want to. Also this fawning over a couple of thousand blokes who have got pissed and will sing is more than slightly sad if you ask me.

It's 11 v 11 on the pitch that counts and if we end up being outsung by 2,000 blokes in the stands but sneak a 1-0 on the pitch, I honestly couldn't give a sh*t and anybody that does needs to seriously have a look at themsleves.

Even if we lose and are outsung, I won't be slinking home in awe of anyone in the stands.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 19 Sep 2006 09:15

One half of the stand will be for normal ManU away following while the other half will be for the Reading ManU fans.

boycey

by boycey » 19 Sep 2006 09:17

didnt say i was going to be in awe . been to enough football games in my life not to be amazed by 2500 mancs , but just wish our support was more like this . cant really say anymore , but you'll see on saturday .

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Sep 2006 09:21

boycey didnt say i was going to be in awe . been to enough football games in my life not to be amazed by 2500 mancs , but just wish our support was more like this . cant really say anymore , but you'll see on saturday .

Whole post wasn't aimed at you boycey. Just quoted you with regard to the way it should be comment.

boycey

by boycey » 19 Sep 2006 09:25

on a more positive note , i think our support has come a long long way in the last few years . A home game used to consist of a few spotty teenagers singing about hating swindon .
remember dark days of rumblestiks,pants day etc..,,, lest we forget

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Sep 2006 09:33

FiNeRaIn
Y21
Man who?

You'll see.

Prepare to be blown away on and off the pitch. They might of been a club youve seen over the years on TV. But when you meet them face to face, its a differant story.

I've seen them live before, last time Reading played them. I went expecting to see the best team in the country and something really special. PS that was when they realy were the best team in the country. What I actually saw was a good team with good players who got a flattering scoreline against a hard working Reading side no where near as good as this one.

Man Utd are one of the best teams in the country, but they arn't infallible, they arn't some sort of team of deities. They are nothing amazingly special. We go into this game like anyother. With a chance to win. I couldn't give a oxf*rd if they stand all game and sing clever songs. Because the atmosphere at the Mad is going to be the best it's ever been. It always improves when someone loud turns up and these days even the west is happy to make noise.

Stop putting you're own side down. We have every chance. No pressure on us, we're expected to get thumped, we lose, so what it was utd. We win 3 points horay. I don't expect any better from alad and his bunch of glory boys who seem to profess to know everything about football because they support a big club, but the rest of you are Reading fans. Get behind your club and stop being so oxf*rd defeatist.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 19 Sep 2006 10:08

Barry the bird boggler One half of the stand will be for normal ManU away following while the other half will be for the Reading ManU fans.

:D :D

Peter Kay - Top of the To

by Peter Kay - Top of the To » 19 Sep 2006 10:14

Ian Royal
FiNeRaIn
Y21
Man who?

You'll see.

Prepare to be blown away on and off the pitch. They might of been a club youve seen over the years on TV. But when you meet them face to face, its a differant story.

I've seen them live before, last time Reading played them. I went expecting to see the best team in the country and something really special. PS that was when they realy were the best team in the country. What I actually saw was a good team with good players who got a flattering scoreline against a hard working Reading side no where near as good as this one.

Man Utd are one of the best teams in the country, but they arn't infallible, they arn't some sort of team of deities. They are nothing amazingly special. We go into this game like anyother. With a chance to win. I couldn't give a oxf*rd if they stand all game and sing clever songs. Because the atmosphere at the Mad is going to be the best it's ever been. It always improves when someone loud turns up and these days even the west is happy to make noise.

Stop putting you're own side down. We have every chance. No pressure on us, we're expected to get thumped, we lose, so what it was utd. We win 3 points horay. I don't expect any better from alad and his bunch of glory boys who seem to profess to know everything about football because they support a big club, but the rest of you are Reading fans. Get behind your club and stop being so oxf*rd defeatist.

Best post on this thread..

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 19 Sep 2006 10:37

Ian Royal
FiNeRaIn
Y21
Man who?

You'll see.

Agreed. Wish there were a few more Ian Royals on this board.