F.A.O SHANE LONG

Pridders

Re: F.A.O SHANE LONG

by Pridders » 20 Sep 2006 13:42

Mrs Butler You are amazing, this guy deserves man of match tonight, he tried and tried and tried and never gave up. Put in 110%, was one of the best players on the pitch

Mrs Butler.... i think has now become Mrs Long but name won't change until we are married :D

disagree - his work rate was nothing like that of Hunty who played out of his skin...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Sep 2006 13:51

Pridders
Mrs Butler You are amazing, this guy deserves man of match tonight, he tried and tried and tried and never gave up. Put in 110%, was one of the best players on the pitch

Mrs Butler.... i think has now become Mrs Long but name won't change until we are married :D

disagree - his work rate was nothing like that of Hunty who played out of his skin...

Hunty did not play out of his skin at all.

He ran around a lot and err.....erm....no that was about it.

Pridders

by Pridders » 20 Sep 2006 14:01

Stranded
Pridders

compared to the likes of halls he was playing out of his skin, rubbish 1st penalty though..

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Sep 2006 14:03

Pridders
Stranded
Pridders

compared to the likes of halls he was playing out of his skin, rubbish 1st penalty though..

Still wasn't playing out of his skin.

Christ, if he was, he can give up any hope of ever starting in the first team.

Ascension

by Ascension » 20 Sep 2006 14:42

alad Women who know nothing about football and only go to perv are a cancer in the game I love.

So true.

kitsons_hair

by kitsons_hair » 20 Sep 2006 14:45

Not you aswell! :shock:
When Long was brought down in extra time a girl behind me sat there saying 'oh no! Shaney Baby. Get up Shaney Baby. Oh baby' :shock: :roll:

Ascension

by Ascension » 20 Sep 2006 14:46

You wouldn't have heard that had we have had Trevor Morley and Paul Brayson up front.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 20 Sep 2006 15:02

John Madejski's Wallet
wehateoxford
Platypuss For God's sake please stay fit Lita and Doyle!

I'm sure if we'd swapped Doyle for Long rather than Lita we'd have wrapped it up within the 90.

agreed

Wholeheartedly disagree with that to be honest.

I thought Long was causing them problems all night. Some great turns and some very quick runs. Lita scored two, fair enough. One from an open goal that he still tried to miss by shooting back towards the diving keeper and one fantastic turn & shot. Besides that I thought he looked pretty incompetent for much of the game, first touch still atrocious and he has the turning circle and speed of a fully laden articulated lorry.

The whole team was generally poor, although Little and Hunt grew as the game went on and were running them ragged towards the end. Oster I thought had a great game in midfield, making some good runs and spraying around a lot of simple passes, as well as setting up some good attacks.

Personally I would crap myself to see Mate or Halls names on the team sheet for a first team game. Halls was getting skinned by league 2 players at every opportunity and Mate was just slow and kept going through the backs of players to get the ball. Not impressed.

im sorry i dont agree with this, lita is the sort of player who creates space, uses it and scores - he did this well twice last night.
Long is the sort of player who holds the ball up, takes players on and scores goals he didnt really do any of this last night, he couldnt take people on, he didnt make good space, he couldnt do anything in the tight corners ran himself into, and when he should've passed the ball he didnt

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Sep 2006 15:52

Pridders

And was woeful. Hunt works hard but is poor. Never any end product and he always tried to make plays which demand more ability than he's got. If he is our reserve left winger this year we have problems.
Think he's a top bloke and he works hard but he's poor.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 20 Sep 2006 15:56

personally, i think when hunt charged through into the box halfway through the second half he would've scored if the ref had played advantage.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Sep 2006 16:01

wehateoxford personally, i think when hunt charged through into the box halfway through the second half he would've scored if the ref had played advantage.

Maybe, doesn't mean he played well though.

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 20 Sep 2006 16:04

You are a football tart.

If you break Maguire's heart I'll hunt you down!

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 20 Sep 2006 16:37

lol Maguire will never tell me he loves me, and we will have tall babies... so whats the point

:D

I just think Shane should be given more oppurtunities.. I agree Hunty was pretty gd last night. I would like to see Shane given a chance.At the end of last season when he was playing quite a few end of games, everyone was speaking so highly of him, saying he is going to be something big.. Well were has that gone? It is still in him, just needs to play better football.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 20 Sep 2006 16:44

Stranded
wehateoxford personally, i think when hunt charged through into the box halfway through the second half he would've scored if the ref had played advantage.

Maybe, doesn't mean he played well though.

with fans as fickle as ours it would've

DW

by DW » 20 Sep 2006 16:46

Oh bloody hell, this is what winds me up! One bird has to say something about a player being fit and we all get tarred with the same brush! It's really very irritating, it's fine to find a player attractive but for god's sake keep it to yourself. I pay for my ST and travel to matches cos i love the club and love the game,not cos i might catch a glimpse of one of our lads who is really cute (I mean, name one anyway!) so it really does get on my tits when women go all 15 year old and make us all look like frickin planks who know nothing.
Sorry for the rant but it had to be said :evil:

kitsons_hair

by kitsons_hair » 20 Sep 2006 16:48

DW Oh bloody hell, this is what winds me up! One bird has to say something about a player being fit and we all get tarred with the same brush! It's really very irritating, it's fine to find a player attractive but for god's sake keep it to yourself. I pay for my ST and travel to matches cos i love the club and love the game,not cos i might catch a glimpse of one of our lads who is really cute (I mean, name one anyway!) so it really does get on my tits when women go all 15 year old and make us all look like frickin planks who know nothing.

Well said :) Exactly what I wanted to say, But I never would have put it as well as that.
Last edited by kitsons_hair on 20 Sep 2006 16:49, edited 1 time in total.

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 20 Sep 2006 16:49

My main point, was how well and well commited he was to the team yesterday...

The cuteness was a lil message at the end..

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 20 Sep 2006 16:50

DW Oh bloody hell, this is what winds me up! One bird has to say something about a player being fit and we all get tarred with the same brush! It's really very irritating, it's fine to find a player attractive but for god's sake keep it to yourself. I pay for my ST and travel to matches cos i love the club and love the game,not cos i might catch a glimpse of one of our lads who is really cute (I mean, name one anyway!) so it really does get on my tits when women go all 15 year old and make us all look like frickin planks who know nothing.

Glen Little gives me the horn.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 20 Sep 2006 16:53

Mrs Butler lol Maguire will never tell me he loves me, and we will have tall babies... so whats the point

:D

I just think Shane should be given more oppurtunities.. I agree Hunty was pretty gd last night. I would like to see Shane given a chance.At the end of last season when he was playing quite a few end of games, everyone was speaking so highly of him, saying he is going to be something big.. Well were has that gone? It is still in him, just needs to play better football.

So who should make way for him? Lita, Doyle or Kitson when fit?

Long is a decent prospect, but not good enough to be starting games. He's the fourth choice striker, and will have to wait his turn. In the meantime it's upto him to work hard, show a good attitude and impress when he comes off the bench.

He had his chance last night and by all accounts didn't play that well. Which indicates he's not ready to start games in the Premiership.
Last edited by alad on 20 Sep 2006 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 20 Sep 2006 16:55

Shut it and get your knickers off. HTH :wink: