Player Ratings vs Man U

MC ROYAL

by MC ROYAL » 24 Sep 2006 00:26

Tough to choose a MOTM from Lita, Harper, Sonko and Murty. Probably say Lita though, was awesome today, shouldnt have been taken off.

ypc102

by ypc102 » 24 Sep 2006 01:00

Watching on tv, its hard to notice the contribution of players unless the ball is at their feet and the camera is showing them, or they are mentioned by the commentators. Doesn't necessarily mean Harper was absent in the game so giving him N/A rating was not negative, there was just nothing to base it on.

"I thought Heinze had a shocker - Seol made him look like a League 1 defender. Did you see his pathetic sliding tackles? On that basis giving Seol anything less than 6 is pretty damn stupid ... IMO. "

I agree. I thought there was no real threat from Convey's side in the first half. Heinze was no match for Seol although I felt he could have passed it sooner once or twice... instead, he went on to make a fool of Heinze. But in the first half, he was fantastic. They stopped going to his side in the 2nd half, maybe because Seol was tired.

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 24 Sep 2006 01:01

I thought they all put in 110% today and was proud of the lot of them.
Man of the match - No.13!

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 24 Sep 2006 01:28

AthleticoSpizz
RobRoyal Murty, Sonko, Ingi, Shorey, Sidwell, Seol were all excellent for my money.

I think serious criticism has to be tempered with the knowledge we were playing one of the best teams around today. Yes, mistakes were made, players went missing at times - but seriously, the team performance couldn't have been much better today.

What an absolutely awesome effort. I've never, ever been so proud to be RFC.
:D
Spot on

special mentions for Brynar and Hunty too......came on and did the job that was obviously asked of them.
Brynjar was definitely a calming influence and just when they had started to run at us he was a big part of shutting them down at the end. I liked Hunt and Bikey's snappy tackling at the end too.

Speaking of tackles, when Sonko robbed Rooney down by the byline late in the first half and calmly carried the ball out to midfield, I just about wet myself. Arsenal mate was duly impressed as well.

I wouldn't honestly criticize any of the players for commitment today. Comments are more along the lines of thoughts about possible improvement on a great effort. Lita worked his ass off but was definitely trying to be the Lone Ranger too much. Seol did some great things for us, but also held on the ball too much and was a bit stand-offish in defence. Still, as the maestro will always say, a point is a point and we're just thinking about the next game... which I have a very good feeling about!

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 24 Sep 2006 01:50

Hahnemann: 6
Ingimarsson: 7
Murty: 6
Shorey: 7
Sonko: 8
Convey: 7
Harper: 5
Sidwell: 6
Seol: 8
Doyle: 7
Lita: 6

Fezza

by Fezza » 24 Sep 2006 03:24

To be honest I thought Seol was fantastic in the first half but faded in the second half to a point where he failed to track back and double team Ronaldo with Murts after the 50th minute, this along with Murts injury led to Manure getting the goal.

That said it was a fantastic performance from all of the boy's, I thought Sonko was immense today.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Sep 2006 04:00

Seol was awesome!

Terrorised their left, and msot our chances early on came from him!

Later he faded btu was excellent before. 7 or 8 from me.

Ozymandias
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ozymandias » 24 Sep 2006 04:01

2 world wars, 1 world cup Seol was awesome!

Terrorised their left, and msot our chances early on came from him!

Later he faded btu was excellent before. 7 or 8 from me.

Have you had a drink ?

Adz1871

by Adz1871 » 24 Sep 2006 08:52

Hahnemann: 6 ... Had little to do IMO as most shots were blazed over but when called on did well
Ingimarsson: 8 .. He and Sonko held the line well
Murty: 7 ... Did what he's good at, helping out Seol and good tracking back
Shorey: 7 ... Same as Murty but with Convey
Sonko: 9 ... He was Solid!! Kept Rooney out of the game and made him frustrated
Convey: 7 .... Played well
Harper: 7 ..... I thought he did do well going forward, lurking around the area.
Sidwell: 7 ..... Did well to compete with Scholes
Seol: 8 .... Embarrased Heinze and played superb
Doyle: 7 ... Scored but should have scored in the first half aswell
Lita: 7 .... Great holding up play and quick on the turn.

SUBS:

Gunnarsson 7 ... In little time he had i thought he did what he was meant to very well
Hunt 6 .... Had little time to progress
Bikey 5 ... No time to progress

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Player Ratings vs Man U

by brendywendy » 24 Sep 2006 09:14

ypc102 Hahnemann: 6 made some key saves but some were sloppy

Ingimarsson: 7 gutsy performance to hold draw

Murty: 6 Was in no man's land for the Ronaldo goal.. but did fine otherwise

Shorey: 7 good job holding off runs on his side

Sonko: 8 anchored the defense well

Convey: 7 Worked hard and helped at defense. Didn't seem too dangerous on attack

Harper: N/A Can;t really rate him... didn't even know he was playing... not visible at all..

Sidwell: 5 Passes were not crisp, worked hard nevertheless

Seol: 8 Good crosses.. was only real threat for Reading... should have drawn at least a yellow from heinze

Doyle: 7 Well taken PK... could have finished better with that golden chance

Lita: 6 Held off defenders well but failed to make impact.

Overall, what a performance by the defense to hold on. Entertaining game to watch and looking forward to next week! Someone explain what Harper's contribution was...

think u are being a little harsh on many of the players, i thought harpoer had one of his better games this year,harried, tackled passed and made good attacking runs,lay off him. sidwell was quiet going forward, but i think he had his hands full a bit
seol seems half asleep sometimes, too slow to react, and he still looks at his feet when he has the ball
thought lita ran his little legs off, held up well, and did some nice stuff, a handfull-he only failed to make an impact in the goal department
sonko was immense, there was one bit where he shrugged rooney off the ball in our own box, made him look like a little boy
and murts was great agin, i think sometime u just have to put your hands up and say ronaldo scored a very good goal, not many defenders would have stopped his run. up till then hed kept him very quiet

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 24 Sep 2006 13:03

Chaney Doyle better than Lita?..is that why we lost our way after Leroy was taken off?
I think it was more the case of us only having one striker on the pitch.

Has Doyle been taken off I don't think things would have been too different.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 24 Sep 2006 13:29

Marcus seems to be spilling a few more than I would expect - stickier gloves needed?

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 24 Sep 2006 13:31

Platypuss Marcus seems to be spilling a few more than I would expect - stickier gloves needed?

He needs double sided cello-tape on his gloves. He got lucky today, but he's been punished for his spills before.

blue_army1871

by blue_army1871 » 24 Sep 2006 14:02

I think

Hahnemann 6.5- wasted goal kicks when we could have caught United out on the break at the end

Murts 7.5- solid game at the back, maybe could have done a bit more when Ronaldo scored

Shorey 7- wasn't afraid to take on players and rightly so, made some smart passes

Sonks 8.5- my MOTM by quite a way, had Rooney in his pocket all game

Ivar 7- good game, did not have too much to do seeing as United only played one up front

Seol 7.5- played very well in the first half and was all over Heinze, was a bit quite in the second half but still a very good game

Convey 6.5- did not do alot from what i saw, he got back quite a bit to defend which worked well for us in the last 15mins

Harps 8- played very well in the middle keeping Scholes quite, intercepted alot of passes and broke down United attacks

Sidders 6.5- not a very good game for his standards but made a few good tackles

Lita 7.5- did well at holding the ball up and had a few good attempts, Coppell was right to take him off when he did

Doyle 7.5- chsed most things down and was probably the only one with the balls to take such an important penalty

Overall team performance 8- very pleased

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Sep 2006 14:06

2.8 lita injection considering Manure played 5 in midfield i thought Sidwell & Harper did ok, not brilliant but well above the average that is needed.

Good point-it was our 4 v their 5 for much of the game and their 5 included 3 England-capped players compared to our 2 uncapped English players.
For a change Bobby actually won a couple of tackles but Seol (like Little)doesn't do much defensively so Sidwell and Harper have to work tirelessly for the full 90 minutes.
Because they were only playing one-up for the greater part of the game(the little fat dwarf) Sonko and Ivar had a fairly comfortable time until Saha came on.
The team ethic and familiarity is working for us at the moment-long may it continue.

Bristol Royalz

by Bristol Royalz » 24 Sep 2006 15:03

Watched on tv, but my ratings

Hahnemann - 7 couple of spills but still dealt with everything.

Murty - 7 Got caught 1 on 1 for goal but great otherwise

Shorey - 6 Looked occasionally a little physically weak

Sonko - 9 MOTM Won everything, even managed a nice pass down the line.

Ingimarsson - 8 Did everything required

Sidwell - 6 Lost the ball too often.

Harper - 7 Worked harder than Sidwell, and got stuck in

Convey - 7 Broke from midfield well held the ball well

Seol - 7 Great skill, tracked back mostly ok, but has too many what the hell moments

Lita - 8 Won headers strong kept working hard

Doyle - 6 Should have scored first half, got beaten to the ball too often and tired.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 24 Sep 2006 15:38

Hahnemann - 7 Good performance spills could cost us dear in this division.Flypaper on them gloves Marcus.

Murty - 7 Good gutsy captains performance.Any lingering doubters about Murts ability in this league should be silenced.

Shorey - 7 Solid and dealt efficiently with most chucked at him.How long till Shorey joins an England squad.

Sonko - 9 Class performance and frighteningly still getting better.Had Rooney in his pocket most of the time.That moment when he cooly dispossesed Rooney with seeming consumate ease will remain in my personal archive of magic royal moments for a long long time.

Ingimarsson - 8 In the right place at the right time as ever.His performance with Sonks in the center of defence possibly one of the best ive seen in 40 years.

Sidwell - 6 Occasional moments of quality joining up play but a number of lapses including frankly the shocker when Seol (i think) took a quick free kick whilst Sid was doing his tax return resulting in dangerous Man United possession.No room for that in Sunday league let alone the prem!

Harper - 7 Contrary to some I thought Harps was a real thorn to United.At his pesky hassling,harrying best and some great link up play.

Convey - 6 Better than of late but still firing on 3 convey cylinders. cant wait till he snaps into top gear.

Seol - 6 Some neat touches going forward and made Heinz look a bit of a twat at times(how Heinz stayed out of Waltons book i`ll never know).At times Seol didnt chase back when he clearly could have done.Hopefully this is more to do with fitness which can come than some "cant be arsed " attitude.Then again maybe he just has total faith in those behind him!

Lita - 7 Caused United a number of problems with his sharpness around the area.

Doyle - 7 Ferdinand etc dealt pretty well with his runs but looked pretty sharp and likely to cause United a problem should they lapse.Penalty not great but under pressure of everything it went in. If only he had cooly lobbed the keeper.

Overall: Chuffed particularly with defence.Great step on our learning curve and confidence booster all round.Madhouse crowd played their part bigtime but the real test will be when the chips are against us.U FIRKIN RZZZZZ

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 24 Sep 2006 15:51

Anyone else notice convey pop up on the right a couple of times? He actually had a lot more luck going down that way than over on the left. seems utd may have a weak spot there.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Sep 2006 15:55

Hahnemann is my concern.

He is weak on shots low to his right and has now started spilling as well as being pretty poor with his distribution.

He needs to improve to keep his place long-term.

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 24 Sep 2006 16:08

Murty never stopped, if he went in for the challenge on Ronaldo its a Penalty or 1-1! Pretty much gauranteed goal! Bunk it up to an 8, he was full of energy, not the normal Murty thats for sure! Sonko moved out of the way of the goal, if you look at the angle which was from behind the far post. Getting something on it would have 1) Put it over 2) Made it easier for Hahnemann 3) Put it in.

Hahnemann=7 Made the saves, still spilling though!
Murty=8 Didn't stop, shame he had to go off injuried. Not at fault for the goal in my mind.
Shorey=7 Calm, played well, but wasn't passed the ball enough to have a run a the defence
Sonko=8 Made 1 great challenge, and 1 good ball. Made one error in first half, didnt get above Ferdinand, but no halm done, that time!
Ingimarsson=6 Didn't stand out like usual, but did well with the other back 3 keeping it down to 1.
Convey=7 Seems to be happy playing for defensively this season, got forward in the second half. Better than he has been!
Harper=6 Started the game with bundles of energy and potential, dissapeared in the second half :(
Sidwell=7.5 Went in for challenges and sprited back to stop counters. Didn't do much attacking wise though.
Seol=6.5 Crosses were good, didn't take on the defense when recieving the ball.
Doyle=7 Missed chances but took the one that counted. Missing Kitson. Did well considering missing mid-week and playing for 50 minutes or so.
Lita=7 Quick on the turn, ran alot without the ball. Did well considering he played a big part in mid-weeker against Darlington!

Gunnarsson=5
Bikey=6
Hunt=6

Total(Including Subs)=94/140
Total(Not Including Subs)=77/110
Average(Including Subs)=6.7/10
Average(Not Including Subs)=7/10
Last edited by dantheloyalroyal on 24 Sep 2006 16:16, edited 1 time in total.