Kevin Doyle, what price do you value him at?

174 posts
Berthwaite

by Berthwaite » 28 Sep 2006 12:10

Let's get real, guys.

Doyle is a great player and seems a genuinely nice guy as well.

He has some loyalty to RFC, but if a "Big" club (which we are not) came up with a sensible offer for him (say £5m) and offered him a huge pay rise over what he gets here (say £25,000 per week) who could expect him to stay?

I personally would be sad to see him go, but would wish him luck.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 28 Sep 2006 12:36

If Andy Johnson is worth £8m theres no reason why Doyle isn't.

Ginger Ninjas

by Ginger Ninjas » 28 Sep 2006 12:42

EASTENDER MARKY If Andy Johnson is worth £8m theres no reason why Doyle isn't.

Johnson is English, and probably quicker, two factors which make him more expensive than Doyle. I think £5-6 million is about right, but would hope that we would have the balls to turn it down.

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Doyle is a royal!

by brighton_royal » 28 Sep 2006 12:54

knights_1990 Doyle is a royal, you lot are crazy he would not leave us. Hence by the way how desperate he was to sign his new long contract. So he has no price tag. Coppell is not stupid he would not listen to offers.

Steve

Aaah the innocence of youth..

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Doyle is a royal!

by Stranded » 28 Sep 2006 13:04

knights_1990 Doyle is a royal, you lot are crazy he would not leave us. Hence by the way how desperate he was to sign his new long contract. So he has no price tag. Coppell is not stupid he would not listen to offers.

But honestly 12.5m is respectable.

Steve

I'm afraid you'd need to see the bigger picture. Yes he has some loyalty to club and was more than happy to sign the new deal (with a nice pay rise no doubt) but if one of the big 4 come in with a decent bid he will more than likely be off. It's the way it is I'm a

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Sep 2006 16:22

phil in cornwall Let's just not sell him.

He's just got settled in and his Mum is here too.

I think she plays right back (in the flat).
:roll: That's Shane Long you plank.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 28 Sep 2006 16:24

Ginger Ninjas

Johnson is English, and probably quicker, two factors which make him more expensive than Doyle. I think £5-6 million is about right, but would hope that we would have the balls to turn it down.

Woweeeeee :roll:

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 28 Sep 2006 16:26

Ginger Ninjas

It does seem to have an impact on price. Managers are always saying English players come at a premium because of the (perceived) advantage they have in settling into a new club etc etc. Carrick £18m?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 28 Sep 2006 16:36

RobRoyal
Ginger Ninjas

It does seem to have an impact on price. Managers are always saying English players come at a premium because of the (perceived) advantage they have in settling into a new club etc etc. Carrick £18m?

like theres a massive difference between ireland and england :roll: and sean evers he ain't

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 28 Sep 2006 16:38

higher I have to agree with the hands orf priceless tag eg £10 million or £35 if its Chelsea(+Ballack if he agrees a sane wage oh yes and Doyles not allowed to play against us for at least 5 years).That sort of deal. :wink:

Why would you allow Chelsea to buy him for £35 even with Bollock as p/ex?

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 28 Sep 2006 16:49

Barry the bird boggler
RobRoyal
Ginger Ninjas

like theres a massive difference between ireland and england :roll: and sean evers he ain't

No, there isn't a massive difference betweem Ireland and England, was just saying that "Englishness" often can inflate value.

As for why Johnson would actually be worth more than Doyle, perhaps it's because Johnson scored 25 goals in a premiership for a poor side as a lone striker. Doyle's done nothing like that yet (but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we have some seriously big bids by the summer).

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 28 Sep 2006 16:57

RobRoyal
Barry the bird boggler
RobRoyal
Ginger Ninjas

No, there isn't a massive difference betweem Ireland and England, was just saying that "Englishness" often can inflate value.

As for why Johnson would actually be worth more than Doyle, perhaps it's because Johnson scored 25 goals in a premiership for a poor side as a lone striker. Doyle's done nothing like that yet (but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we have some seriously big bids by the summer).

And how many of those were penalties......?

For the record I actually rate AJ as a damn good player and to my mind should be - at this point in time - valued slightly higher than Doyley as he has a tad more experience.

Chillitsphil

by Chillitsphil » 28 Sep 2006 18:00

It helps that England are a top National side, and a player who gets games and scores goals for them's value will be inflated. However a player who scores goals for Ireland will not be valued as highly.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 28 Sep 2006 18:03

Mr Angry He has a Prem goal scoring ratio of a goal every 2 games; he is a full Eire International is 23 years old and is contracted till 2009.

A minimum £10M up front with add ons that would double that sum, and with a sell on clause when in a few Years he moves to Real Madrid....

But it isn't going to happen cos he is too similar to Saha.

HTH.

half of his goals were penalties

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 28 Sep 2006 18:14

Barry the bird boggler
RobRoyal
Barry the bird boggler
RobRoyal
Ginger Ninjas

And how many of those were penalties......?

How many of those were penalties he won himself?

(...diving b*stard...)

roberto_11

by roberto_11 » 28 Sep 2006 18:54

Doyle has more value to us than he would have to a club that was interested because it is proven we play better with him in the team, wheras another club would have to take a gamble on him fitting into their setup and not being just a one season wonder.

Right now I would say we value him at £6m+ but another club wouldn't pay over £3-4m for him

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 12 Nov 2006 21:43

He's now up to joint 5th top scorer :D
I recon he'll get a brace next week and start climbing the top scorer table

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

by crossie » 12 Nov 2006 22:02

priceless

Amongst the sheep

by Amongst the sheep » 13 Nov 2006 00:07

He is priceless