What the Irons think......

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 28 Sep 2006 13:11

readingbedding Alan Pardew's magic,
he wears a magic hat,
and when he saw the West Ham job he said im having that.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Alan Pardew's tragic,
You can't trust what he's said
He signed a contract for the Royals
Then f*cked off to West Ham instead

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 28 Sep 2006 13:23

he wears a magic hat,

Alan Pardew's tragic,

Alan Pardew's tragic,
He stiched all the reading fans up leaving them to feel mighty agrieved
Then dissapeared to Upton park on the promise of more money and a nice new car.

That doesn't fit the tune either :wink:

by If you still hate Futcher » 28 Sep 2006 13:37

Spirit of Elm Park
he wears a magic hat,

Alan Pardew's tragic,

Alan Pardew's tragic,
He stiched all the reading fans up leaving them to feel mighty agrieved
Then dissapeared to Upton park on the promise of more money and a nice new car.

That doesn't fit the tune either :wink:

The sentiment is pretty spot on though, but I think you should add "but we've moved on now" to the 3rd line.

I'm sure if you sing the last 2 lines really quick you'll get it to scan.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 28 Sep 2006 14:35

Spirit of Elm Park
Reading Abbey
he wears a magic hat,

8)

How is that 8) .

Thats what the Hammers will be singing at us. :roll:

It was on their forum?
Did you read it???

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 28 Sep 2006 14:48

readingbedding
Spirit of Elm Park
Reading Abbey
he wears a magic hat,

8)

How is that 8) .

Thats what the Hammers will be singing at us. :roll:

It was on their forum?
Did you read it???

It was, and I did. And it was exactly the same as you posted it oooooooooooooooooooooo's and everything. Point?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 28 Sep 2006 14:59

Can we just void the game and take a point each as it sounds like we'd all be happy with that. I know i would, i'm amazed to read so many hammers fans saying they would settle for a point at home to Reading. I'd have thought they would be looking for a nailed on 3 points.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 28 Sep 2006 15:00

Hammers are a camp in chaos, at the start of the season i would've taken a point, but now, we should really be thinking about all 3

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 28 Sep 2006 15:36

Silver Fox
handbags_harris Also, West Ham I believe were founded in an Ironworks, hence the chant "Come on you Irons". I believe this is correct, correct if wrong!

Used to be called Thames Ironworks?

Thames Valley Irons...!?!

Gregster

by Gregster » 29 Sep 2006 09:57

I'll take a point on this game. West Ham have had a bad run but I don't see that lasting. The new signings will want to make an impact and we could well be the team they fancy themselves against.

1-1 with a good atmosphere and attacking football will suit me.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 02 Oct 2006 14:29

:shock:

Some muppet on KUMB very strange on saturday.

Me and a few others having a few beers in 'The duke'. saw it was proper proper p-ssing down outside we decided to leave basically right at the last minute to get to the ground.

it was only a few minutes to kick off so decided to make a run for it and dive into one of the shops next door for unbrellars. got some, £1 each bargin. We were the 4 blokes jogging down the road with tigar print look unbrellars if anyone saw us, was well funny, got a few funny looks and it raised a few laughes

Got in the ground about 6/7 mins after kick off. Atmosphere seemed pretty good for a while, reading singing a little bit aswell, sat down to watch hopefully a good game of football. i thought we were playing reasonably well and looked the better side. half time whistle went.

About 10 mins into the second half, one of my mates turns round to me and says 'Was it a mistake there goal, was it a good goal, was it just before half time when i was in the bog' and so on. i then turned around to one of the others and said 'mate unless im going f-cking mental, jim has just said to me about the Reading goal'!! he then proceeded to point to the score board, it of course said 1 nil to Reading. i feel like a right c-nt but the thing is we still dont know when this supposed goal went in.

The 3 of us while disapointed to find that we are 1 nil down are cracking up because we just cant figure it all out. Jim says to me 'well didnt the goal go in when i went to the bog just before half time' i said 'no i was sitting here watching right up until the whistle went'.

We all then turn around to our other mate and ask him about the goal. his reply' what goal, i dont know anything about a goal'. by this time we are almost on the f-cking floor laughing.

we asked a bloke next to us about it and he explained all.

Can you imagine how stupid we would have all looked if we had equalised and we started singing '1 nil to the cockney boys'

highlight of the day was definately the unbrellars.

Berkshire Born

by Berkshire Born » 02 Oct 2006 15:00

That Friday Feeling :shock:

Me and a few others having a few beers in 'The duke'. saw it was proper proper p-ssing down outside we decided to leave basically right at the last minute to get to the ground.

it was only a few minutes to kick off so decided to make a run for it and dive into one of the shops next door for unbrellars. got some, £1 each bargin. We were the 4 blokes jogging down the road with tigar print look unbrellars if anyone saw us, was well funny, got a few funny looks and it raised a few laughes

Got in the ground about 6/7 mins after kick off. Atmosphere seemed pretty good for a while, reading singing a little bit aswell, sat down to watch hopefully a good game of football. i thought we were playing reasonably well and looked the better side. half time whistle went.

About 10 mins into the second half, one of my mates turns round to me and says 'Was it a mistake there goal, was it a good goal, was it just before half time when i was in the bog' and so on. i then turned around to one of the others and said 'mate unless im going f-cking mental, jim has just said to me about the Reading goal'!! he then proceeded to point to the score board, it of course said 1 nil to Reading. i feel like a right c-nt but the thing is we still dont know when this supposed goal went in.

The 3 of us while disapointed to find that we are 1 nil down are cracking up because we just cant figure it all out. Jim says to me 'well didnt the goal go in when i went to the bog just before half time' i said 'no i was sitting here watching right up until the whistle went'.

We all then turn around to our other mate and ask him about the goal. his reply' what goal, i dont know anything about a goal'. by this time we are almost on the f-cking floor laughing.

Can you imagine how stupid we would have all looked if we had equalised and we started singing '1 nil to the cockney boys'

Quality.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 02 Oct 2006 15:07

Berkshire Born

Quality.

:shock:

the perils of the internet...I wasted a minute reading that shit

anR

by anR » 02 Oct 2006 15:10

Wax Jacket :shock:

the perils of the internet...I wasted a minute reading that shit

Me too... Perhaps I need more challeging work! ;)

pooandwee

by pooandwee » 02 Oct 2006 15:10

might have been mentioned, but i thought the Reading fans were absolutley sh*t yesturday. 1 nil up away at a team who's manager walked out on you to go join and they barley sang a song first half. Had the odd "Pardew Out" during the second half but that was about it

:roll:
Interesting comments. So full of crap! we completely outsung these cockney sparrows. Hammers fans were rubbish. all I heard was a rendition of bubbles (which they can stick up their bum holes).

Jaques Francais
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Jaques Francais » 02 Oct 2006 15:12

unbrellars?

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 02 Oct 2006 16:47

Looking at their forum, one of their fans seems to think we were sh*t. Anyone that was there could instantly tell that wasnt true. Apparently we only sang songs to shut up Pardew.
Idiot.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 02 Oct 2006 19:11

Jaques Francais unbrellars?

"very strange on saturday"

....he couldn't even get the day right!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Oct 2006 19:15

Berkshire Born

Quality.

LOL @ WH fans.

They quite literally don't know what hit them.

PS for those who don't know:

"UNbrellar

A device which reverses the effect of brelling. To brell is an olde Englishe verb which means "to develop healthy functioning neural connections". Such development is viewed upon by many of the West Ham faithful with much cynicism and it has become customary for a significant proportion of followers to try to reverse this effect on a weekly basis, lest they should be properly brelled and thus have efficiently functioning grey matter."

[from realfactssss.com]

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 02 Oct 2006 22:51

:lol: