Tarrant at West Ham

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Oct 2006 18:01

NottsRoyal Can I just add to out long list of fans.

Mike Oldfield

http://tubular.net/articles/02_07.shtml

Well he jumps right up to the top of the list alongside Winslet as he must be known globally.

Isn't Ian Gillan another of our celeb fans? Certainly expressed an interest in buying us in the Maxwell/Smee era.

andy30766

by andy30766 » 02 Oct 2006 18:03

And I dont think Noel Edmonds lets the side down...... mess with him you
either get Gunged, sat on by Mr Blobby or swapped for an action man....
come to think of it my partner did that when she met me..... :D despite my Claret and Blue allegiance.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Tarrant

by skipper » 02 Oct 2006 18:15

G'La
Heart and Seol He said to me
" I only came out for a quiet game and a drink" when we were chanting

Good place to choose i think not!

I bet he was mega pissed off with the West Ham program where inside it lists "Famous Reading Fans". Kate Winslet and Ricky Gervais (who I dont think have ever graced the Madejski ever let alone this season. That Cricket commentator guy got a mention and the one that made me laugh was Leo Sayer. Its offical Leo Sayer is more famous than Chris Tarrant!

a member of new order is a royals fan...

Spudulika

by Spudulika » 02 Oct 2006 18:24

RoyalBlue
Isn't Ian Gillan another of our celeb fans? Certainly expressed an interest in buying us in the Maxwell/Smee era.

It appears not (QPR) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Gillan

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 02 Oct 2006 18:28

Spudulika
RoyalBlue

It appears not (QPR) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Gillan

Obviously obsessed with blue and white hoops. Having been turned down by us he had to settle for 2nd best!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Oct 2006 18:35

These are all imposters. The only celebrity RFC fan that counts is Riseley Royal.

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 02 Oct 2006 18:41

Obligatory blur included :oops:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 02 Oct 2006 19:00

Good on Chris Tarrant and what a shame his own team's supporters decided to take the P. As for those who accuse him of being a plastic because he wasn't to be seen in the Elm Park days; well him and 12,000+ others!!

Anyway, looking forward to seeing James Harper on Celebrity WWTBAM!

CT: 'James, for £100 could you tell me what colour shirts Reading FC play in. Is it a) Blue and white hoops b)Green and white hoops c) Red and white hoops or d) Black and white hoops?'

JH: 'Could I go 50:50 please Chris'.

baggyroyal1871

by baggyroyal1871 » 02 Oct 2006 20:15

RoyalBlue Good on Chris Tarrant and what a shame his own team's supporters decided to take the P. As for those who accuse him of being a plastic because he wasn't to be seen in the Elm Park days; well him and 12,000+ others!!

Anyway, looking forward to seeing James Harper on Celebrity WWTBAM!

CT: 'James, for £100 could you tell me what colour shirts Reading FC play in. Is it a) Blue and white hoops b)Green and white hoops c) Red and white hoops or d) Black and white hoops?'

JH: 'Could I go 50:50 please Chris'.

They aren't hoops any more!!! Theyre bold horizontal lines which stop half way around!!

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 02 Oct 2006 20:28

Jeeeesuusss! Some Reading fans need to "get over" themselves.

All credit to the bloke for being at West Ham, especially with the away support. I'm sure that he wouldn't have had too much trouble blagging a corporate ticket.

It's embarrassing that he was abused. Does it really matter that he's only come to the fore as a Reading fan this year? Ask not what Reading can do for him, but what he can do for Reading .... to paraphrase. In other words, for the braindead, errr, you think that supporting us is going send his career in the stratosphere? I think it's more likely that we'll benefit from the association to be honest.

Frankly, I have absolutely no interest in whether he's a celebrity fan or not. The fact that's he's a fan should be enough. Let's stop moaning about whether so and so is plastic, and realise that we've got more fans now than we had in Division 4. A forlorn hope, but it would be great if people could accept that anyone supporting Reading is on our side.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Oct 2006 20:38

Every week there seem to be more reasons to be embarrassed at the utter knobbishness of whole hordes of Reading fans.

Some people are stunningly shallow.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 02 Oct 2006 21:29

Alan Partridge I despair sometimes I really do, as someone else has said at least he is supporting his local club and really shouldn't have to take that sort of abuse.

How would you like it if you were having family problems and a load of people started singing and laughing at you? :?

Poor form and I thought we were bigger than that especially to one of our own fans no matter who he/she is.

Agreed. The people abusing him would throw a fit if it was the other way around.

Classic case of simpletons if ever I saw/heard one

Embarrassing

Sam Tubber

by Sam Tubber » 02 Oct 2006 21:41

The whole year inn Classic case of simpletons if ever I saw/heard one

He won't be able to hear you. He's deaf.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 02 Oct 2006 23:53

Fair play to Chris Tarrant for joining us at the game. He even let me take a pic of himself in the concourse immediately after the chants of "Does your Mrs know your here".

BenReadingFC - " Chris, Do you mind if I take a pic of ya"
Tarrant - "As long as you don't mind that I'll have a pie stuck in my mouth"

I was too sozzled to take the pic properly :oops: :oops: and didn't realise till way into the 2nd half

I hope to see him at many other away games but think he may not attend if he is going to receive stick from his fellow supporters.
Hypocrite mode on - I did chant "Does your Mrs know your here" at him when I came out of the gents though. Hypocrite mode off :oops:
Last edited by BenReadingFC on 03 Oct 2006 00:33, edited 1 time in total.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 03 Oct 2006 00:20

BenReadingFC Fair play to Chris Tarrant for joining us at the game. He even let me take a pic of himself in the concourse immediately after the chants of "Does your Mrs know your here".

Hope other fans bother to ask first and don't just stick a camera in his face. If the chant at West Ham is a one off it's funny if persistent it's not.

Long_Boi

by Long_Boi » 03 Oct 2006 00:35

Para Handy Jeeeesuusss! Some Reading fans need to "get over" themselves.

All credit to the bloke for being at West Ham, especially with the away support. I'm sure that he wouldn't have had too much trouble blagging a corporate ticket.

It's embarrassing that he was abused. Does it really matter that he's only come to the fore as a Reading fan this year? Ask not what Reading can do for him, but what he can do for Reading .... to paraphrase. In other words, for the braindead, errr, you think that supporting us is going send his career in the stratosphere? I think it's more likely that we'll benefit from the association to be honest.

Frankly, I have absolutely no interest in whether he's a celebrity fan or not. The fact that's he's a fan should be enough. Let's stop moaning about whether so and so is plastic, and realise that we've got more fans now than we had in Division 4. A forlorn hope, but it would be great if people could accept that anyone supporting Reading is on our side.

Agreed, can't believe our own fans chant at our own fans. Chris came to watch a game of footy & doesn't deserve to have bunch of numbskulls throwing derogatory chants his way. Keep the faith Chris

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 03 Oct 2006 02:26

sheshnu If he perhaps tried to be a little more likeable and a little less smug then maybe he wouldn't find himself in these terrible situations.

Do you know him personally then?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 03 Oct 2006 03:31

Give the bloke a break he's not the first to split with his misses. He could of had a place in a box if he wanted with his dosh instead he wore his colours and supported the team with the rest of us.

Gordon Cumming's right ho

by Gordon Cumming's right ho » 03 Oct 2006 06:09

Celebrities in footy frenzy supporting shock!

Good for Tarrant to pitch up with the Travelling South Bank.... I mean.....

One-off chant - mildly amusing. Anymore and it's pure 'Nob'ishness.

FWIW, I had a pleasant afternoon with the Lord's Taverners in Milton Keynes of all places in the early 90s and Chris was there with John Ketley and a load of other tv celebs. Top blokes all of them and Mrs Ketley is as fit as a butcher's dog.

BTW, is Marianne Faithfull a Nobber? In which case, can we change the site name to "Mars Bar Anyone?" :oops:

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 03 Oct 2006 08:10

Gordon Cumming's right ho Celebrities in footy frenzy supporting shock!

Good for Tarrant to pitch up with the Travelling South Bank.... I mean.....

One-off chant - mildly amusing. Anymore and it's pure 'Nob'ishness.

FWIW, I had a pleasant afternoon with the Lord's Taverners in Milton Keynes of all places in the early 90s and Chris was there with John Ketley and a load of other tv celebs. Top blokes all of them and Mrs Ketley is as fit as a butcher's dog.

BTW, is Marianne Faithfull a Nobber? In which case, can we change the site name to "Mars Bar Anyone?" :oops:

I am one of the 2% old enough to

A- Know who Marianne Faithfull is.

and

B- Know about her love for the Mars bar.

:oops:

Not very impressed with the chanting at CT, just because he's a celeb, does that mean he's used to having abuse sung at him by a few hundred of his fellow supporters ?
Good on him for taking his kids to the game and for sitting with us rather than going hospitality.

I do understand it was meant in a light hearted way but just imagine what it must have felt like.