Signing of posters

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Oct 2006 10:51

Royal Bison
Sharpy no, its an excuse to get one. she has got 3 pressies already apparently 1 BIG one she sorted out with the club

They've re-signed Darren Caskey for you ?

No, they're banning him for persistant standing.

ripleyroyal

Re: Signing of posters

by ripleyroyal » 05 Oct 2006 21:11

Sharpy right my 21st coming up and me gf was going to try and contact the club and get them to organise a signed poster from all the players for me?!!

anyone done this before or requested it?!!

what responses did you or should she expect to get? :roll:

I enquired about getting something signed for my dad's 60th by emailing reading FC on customerservice@readingfc.co.uk and they were really cool about it. If you buy something (ie a football) and send it to them they will get it signed free of charge.

rich claypole

by rich claypole » 06 Oct 2006 20:10

SportsIcons create all their stuff themselves, certianly the Reading stuff. They would have no need to buy signed posters off someone else. I supply them with pics of RFC players / action they then have them printed, mounted, signed by the relevant players then framed (if required) before selling them on.

One thing I can say is the SportsIcons stuff is all hand produced, not mass produced or bought in from other places. The pics they use, assuming they only use mine are uniue and you won't be able to buy the pics anywhere else.

There is no reason why the club shouldn't be able to get the poster signed for you. I ave had poster sized prints done for friends in the past and signed for them. Just ask them and they should be able to make it happen.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 06 Oct 2006 20:15

papereyes
anyone done this before or requested it?!!

We couldn't get anything - they said that they normally restrict it to charities.

But I guess that could be their nice way of saying "no chance"

They certainly used to do this but I did hear that this season as they are getting so many requests they are going to limit it to charities. But if you don't ask you don't get.