Convey

G Force 1871
Location: I'll always be on the Southbank halfway up, midway between the halfway line and the away end.

Convey

by G Force 1871 » 15 Oct 2006 00:53

Had a look around so sorry if this has been asked already but where was Bobby today, I hadn't heard about him being injured or unavailable, was he dropped?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 15 Oct 2006 00:57

Injured - and will do well to win back his place.

Hunt played a blinder.

HTH

G Force 1871
Location: I'll always be on the Southbank halfway up, midway between the halfway line and the away end.

by G Force 1871 » 15 Oct 2006 01:01

Cheers, agree about having to force his way back in, not only did hunty do very well today but Bobs been pretty ineffective so far this season.

How longs he out for, not serious is it?

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 15 Oct 2006 01:05

How did he even get injured? :?

Toadie

by Toadie » 15 Oct 2006 01:26

He was definitely at the game as he drove past me on Shooters way bout 45 mins before kick off...me and me mate wondered why he was getting there so late!

Must have been a late decision not to play him injured or not as there was no indication during the week, but I agree that he's not been firing on all cylinders this season!

Thought Shorey and Hunt linked up extremely well though...

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 15 Oct 2006 01:30

Get well soon Bobby - hopefully by next Sunday.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 15 Oct 2006 03:29

Knee injury according to the OS. Had injections this week, but would have been too much of a gamble. Coppell says he should be ok for next week.

kingthor

Without Convey

by kingthor » 15 Oct 2006 06:00

Without Convey we lose quite a few points this season. He isn't physical, but he gets in good crosses, and is Reading's assist leader. In his last four games, he has 3 assists in fact, and if you take away those three passes, Reading ties West Ham, Man City, and Sheffield United and we sit 6 points lower than we are at 7 points...and that is close to the relegation zone so many predicted that we would be in (in this very forum).

Convey isn't a big guy. He isn't going to be out muscling anyone, but that is not his game. The criticism of him for not being a bruiser is mindless, and the fact remains that with him on the field, Reading has had a great start to the season. Without him we are close to relegation. Take Hunt if you want him.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 15 Oct 2006 08:45

That Friday Feeling Injured - and will do well to win back his place.

Hunt played a blinder.

Agreed, thought Hunt had an excellent game.

ArfnipIsARoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ArfnipIsARoyal » 15 Oct 2006 09:19

Hunt was brilliant today. He wasn't scared to take them on and it nearly got us a goal. He works for the full 90 minutes and I wouldn't be suprised if he keeps his place for the Arsenal game.

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 15 Oct 2006 09:22

He was with his wife in Upper West row kk a person away from me.

He seemed to be in a little pain, decided to climb over a seat to get to a spare one. :roll:

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Without Convey

by PieEater » 15 Oct 2006 10:07

kingthor Without Convey we lose quite a few points this season. He isn't physical, but he gets in good crosses, and is Reading's assist leader. In his last four games, he has 3 assists in fact, and if you take away those three passes, Reading ties West Ham, Man City, and Sheffield United and we sit 6 points lower than we are at 7 points...and that is close to the relegation zone so many predicted that we would be in (in this very forum).

You can't seriously give any credance to Convey's assist at West Ham, it was a solo effort from Seol, beating two players before his shot. So I don't thank Convey for saving us in that game. Hunt played well today and should keep his place for Arsenal.

Brooklyn Royal

Re: Without Convey

by Brooklyn Royal » 15 Oct 2006 10:36

PieEater
kingthor Without Convey we lose quite a few points this season. He isn't physical, but he gets in good crosses, and is Reading's assist leader. In his last four games, he has 3 assists in fact, and if you take away those three passes, Reading ties West Ham, Man City, and Sheffield United and we sit 6 points lower than we are at 7 points...and that is close to the relegation zone so many predicted that we would be in (in this very forum).

You can't seriously give any credance to Convey's assist at West Ham, it was a solo effort from Seol, beating two players before his shot. So I don't thank Convey for saving us in that game. Hunt played well today and should keep his place for Arsenal.

I disgree, Even if discount Convey's assist at West Ham (it still goes down as an assist in the books) he still had 2 other assists which led to goals. Yes Hunt had a good game, what I don't want is Convey losing his spot to the new Hughes. All run, no end product.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 15 Oct 2006 10:39

My point was that it shows how misleading statistics can be.

Hunt was very close to getting an assist today when Doyler hit the post, he beat 3 players before his pass.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 15 Oct 2006 10:41

Toadie He was definitely at the game as he drove past me on Shooters way bout 45 mins before kick off...me and me mate wondered why he was getting there so late!

Must have been a late decision not to play him injured or not as there was no indication during the week, but I agree that he's not been firing on all cylinders this season!

Thought Shorey and Hunt linked up extremely well though...

Sat in the Upper West. Looked ok but said his knee was dodgy.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Oct 2006 10:50

G Force 1871 Cheers, agree about having to force his way back in, not only did hunty do very well today but Bobs been pretty ineffective so far this season.

He's been carrying the injury for some time - which might shed some light.

Brooklyn Royal

by Brooklyn Royal » 15 Oct 2006 10:51

Assists leads to goals which win games (Convey)

Almost getting an assist leads to not getting a goal which equal not winning a game (Hunt)

If Hunt starts scoring goals or starts getting assists, then I jump on the bandwagon. Else if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 15 Oct 2006 10:59

Brooklyn Royal Assists leads to goals which win games (Convey)

So do corners, free kicks and penalties. Passes and crosses are only one stat. Form is what should pick a team.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 15 Oct 2006 11:02

Hunt's performance yesterday was better than any of Bobby's so far this season. That's not to say he's a better player than him, I like Convey and he has done some really good things this season but he hasn't consistently done well enough so far. Hunt was outstanding and now the shirt is his. It's up to Convey to win it back.

Ask Glen Little...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Oct 2006 12:14

Brooklyn Royal Assists leads to goals which win games (Convey)

Almost getting an assist leads to not getting a goal which equal not winning a game (Hunt)

If Hunt starts scoring goals or starts getting assists, then I jump on the bandwagon. Else if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it.

well it isn't broken so you're right don't fix it. Convey has to wait until Hunt loses the shirt. Thats the way it works. Hunt has given us drive and determination. He was giving Shorey cover and caused Chelsea problems.

Which ever isn't playing can get their chance to impress in the cup game at Liverpool. That should IMO be Convey, also gives him plenty of time to sort his knee out.