Written with clear Chelsea bias. Sort it Mr. Byford*

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Cookie

Written with clear Chelsea bias. Sort it Mr. Byford*

by Cookie » 15 Oct 2006 17:56

This piece of "objective journalism" was written by a Chelsea supporter Mr. Byford
John Terry was harshly called for a foul on Kevin Doyle who folded like a card table under the England skipper's challenge but the Chelsea wall did its job as Nicky Shorey's free-kick deflected away for a corner.

Chelsea had a let-off when Hunt bullied and squirmed his way past defenders and into the danger zone where he squared the ball to Doyle who spun and cracked a shot against the inside of Cudicini's left-hand post.

Chelsea showed why they relish situations where their backs are against the wall and Terry and Khalid Boulahrouz were towers of strength to keep Reading at distance.

FULL STORY IS HERE. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/5415980.stm#

*Mark Byford (b.1958) is Deputy Director-General of the BBC and head of all its journalism.

As Chair of the BBC's Journalism Board, he has overall responsibility for the world's largest and most trusted news organisation providing extensive news and current affairs services across radio, television and new media for the UK and the world.
Last edited by Cookie on 15 Oct 2006 19:48, edited 2 times in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Oct 2006 18:06

Impartial BBC at it again! :roll:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 15 Oct 2006 18:07

That's MOTD wrapped up then.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 15 Oct 2006 18:12

Royal Lady Impartial BBC at it again! :roll:

Am I right in thinking that you're a Radio Berkshire 'fan'?

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 15 Oct 2006 18:16

Chelsea had a let-off when Hunt bullied and squirmed his way past defenders and into the danger zone where he squared the ball to Doyle who spun and cracked a shot against the inside of Cudicini's left-hand post.

Dear oh Dear.

Theyve also got a little paragraph of Coppells comments, then an entire link to the comments of Mourinho! :roll:

fruits

Re: This is written by a Chelsea fan Mr. Mark Byford*

by fruits » 15 Oct 2006 18:48

Cookie This piece of "objective journalism" was written by a Chelsea supporter Mr. Byford
John Terry was harshly called for a foul on Kevin Doyle who folded like a card table under the England skipper's challenge but the Chelsea wall did its job as Nicky Shorey's free-kick deflected away for a corner.

Chelsea showed why they relish situations where their backs are against the wall and Terry and Khalid Boulahrouz were towers of strength to keep Reading at distance.

The BBC were trusted but this has gone out of the window with nearly 10 years of Government spin.

FULL STORY IS HERE. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/5415980.stm#

*Mark Byford (b.1958) is Deputy Director-General of the BBC and head of all its journalism.

As Chair of the BBC's Journalism Board, he has overall responsibility for the world's largest and most trusted news organisation providing extensive news and current affairs services across radio, television and new media for the UK and the world.

royal tunbridge wells

by royal tunbridge wells » 15 Oct 2006 18:54

Easy now...a quick correction.

Byford actually supports Leeds.......is frequently on record as saying so.....went to Leeds Uni...and comes from Yorkshire...

That aside, the report sucks.

And as a journalist at the BBC, and in the North stand on Saturday...I was a little surprised by what I read.. :oops:

Henleyensian

by Henleyensian » 15 Oct 2006 19:08

Apart from the fact that John Terry actually elbowed Kevin Doyle and that we fully deserved the free kick he also states that Steve Hunt's boot caught Cech, when it was actually his knee; as Alan Shearer (or was it Lauro?) said on Match of the Day, no striker would go in with his knee for risk of hurting himself!

Cookie

by Cookie » 15 Oct 2006 19:28

royal tunbridge wells Easy now...a quick correction.

Byford actually supports Leeds.......is frequently on record as saying so.....went to Leeds Uni...and comes from Yorkshire...

That aside, the report sucks.

And as a journalist at the BBC, and in the North stand on Saturday...I was a little surprised by what I read.. :oops:

Mmmm, there's no suggestion that he wrote the piece himself (I hope) but he is responsible for journalistic content, and fairness.
Last edited by Cookie on 15 Oct 2006 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Kay - Top of the To

by Peter Kay - Top of the To » 15 Oct 2006 19:46

Abolish the license fee immediately. The best parts of the BBC would easily survive with private finance - provided by advertising and maybe a govt grant. Oh yes..and the rest (probably about 60%) will be back, where they all belong.. in the fuc k ing dole queue!!

oxf*rd*S!!!!!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Oct 2006 20:22

I listen to them if I can't make an away match - yes. BBCRB are hardly impartial either!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Oct 2006 21:09

Royal Lady

I listen to them if I can't make an away match - yes. BBCRB are hardly impartial either!

But BBCRB don't claim to be - they are a local radio station. The main (central) part of the BBC should be impartial.

royal tunbridge wells

by royal tunbridge wells » 15 Oct 2006 21:42

This piece of "objective journalism" was written by a Chelsea supporter Mr. Byford

Apologies Cookie, I assumed a semicolon where there was none.
A qucik scan made me think Byford himself had personally written this bit of fiction. :oops:

Cookie

by Cookie » 16 Oct 2006 00:09

RoyalBlue
Royal Lady

But BBCRB don't claim to be - they are a local radio station. The main (central) part of the BBC should be impartial.

Right, and the national comment should not have been written by a CHELSEA fan!

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1