by oi john » 18 Oct 2006 19:11

I'll let you use your imagination.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 18 Oct 2006 19:13

SpaceCruiser Is Martin Salter gay?
Why not e-mail him and ask.

Keep in mind that if he says yes it doesn't necessarilly mean he'll want to have sex with you.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 18 Oct 2006 19:17

oi john I'll let you use your imagination.

Rushian

by Rushian » 18 Oct 2006 19:26

oi john I'll let you use your imagination.

It's up to you - plenty of car parks dotted around such as at Goodison itself, Anfield Comprehensive school etc a few on Walton Breck Road which all charge around £6. Loads park on the streets - plenty of residential parking schemes around the stadium itself so many park on Utting and Pinehurst Avenues.

If a kid asks to mind your car it's always better to offer to give them something when you come back after the game as you've got no change .... telling them to oxf*rd off is inadvisable as it would be in Whitley. If you're feeling really generous throw them a couple of quid up front.

Worthingroyal

by Worthingroyal » 18 Oct 2006 20:04

How has the season been shaping up so far?
Excellent, I think we have proved a lot of so called pundits wrong.

What are your expectations for this season? Have they changed from day one?
I predicted an optimistic 13th before season, now think top 10 is possible.

Who do you think is your most important player(s)?
Sonko and Seol, although both unlikely to play in the cup match.
Shane Long should play up front and is lightning quick.

Your worst player(s)?
Controversially I will say harper has failed to impress.

What sort of line-up will be put out against us?
Almost full Reserve Squad

Which Liverpool player will you fear the most?
Alonso

This is the first meeting between Liverpool and Reading, how excited are you about taking us on for the first time?
More excited about the second meeting

How many Reading fans can we expect to make the trip up North?
Less than 1000 for Cup, Full allocation for League.

Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require an explanation?
UURRRZZZZ and hopefully Lets all do a Chelsea becomes a big fave.

Has anyone been to Anfield before? If so, what were your thoughts?

And finally, care to predict the score?
Cup 2-1 to Liverpool
League 1-1

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 18 Oct 2006 22:14

LOL @ those who fear Alonso more than the likes of Gerrard, Kuyt and Bellamy so they can appear 'In the know' :mrgreen:

Alonso has been poor this season and is a major reason why Liverpool languish mid table. A shadow of the player who pulled the strings in midfield last season.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 18 Oct 2006 22:21

Liverpool will take this game seriously it's their only chance of silverware this season :wink:

kermit

by kermit » 18 Oct 2006 23:10

Staying in the City centre overnight any body got any ideas on buses to and from the ground ? Are they safe for us southeners

Rushian

by Rushian » 19 Oct 2006 14:03

kermit Staying in the City centre overnight any body got any ideas on buses to and from the ground ? Are they safe for us southeners

Buses 26/27 (Sheil Road Circular) or a 17 (Fazakerley) go past the ground.

A soccerbus runs on match days from Sandhills Merseyrail station (Northern Line). Catch the train from Liverpool Central (you can get a train to there from Lime Street or walk it) to Sandhills. If you ask for Anfield when you buy your ticket you get the bus thrown in with a bit of a discount.

You could also get a train to Kirkdale (also on the Northern Line) which is about a 15-20 minute walk.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Oct 2006 16:25

alad LOL @ those who fear Alonso more than the likes of Gerrard, Kuyt and Bellamy so they can appear 'In the know' :mrgreen:
On the contary, I fear the unknown and apart from a couple of long range goals I know little about Alonso. I'm concerned we'll overlook him.

Plus Kuyt wasn't too impressive against us in the Feynoord friendly.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 19 Oct 2006 16:50

alad LOL @ those who fear Alonso more than the likes of Gerrard, Kuyt and Bellamy so they can appear 'In the know' :mrgreen:

Alonso has been poor this season and is a major reason why Liverpool languish mid table. A shadow of the player who pulled the strings in midfield last season.

LOL @ those slagging off Alonso so they can appear 'In the know' :mrgreen:

oi john

by oi john » 19 Oct 2006 18:55

Need these in before Saturday now peeps if anyone else wants to answer them.

I'll select the best and most suitable answers and then post the link when Rushian has put it on the front page of the site.

Thanks again.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 19 Oct 2006 19:26

RobRoyal

I am ITK though.

Hardly slagging Alonso off, the guy is class act but has been poor so far this season. I'm more concerned about players who run at defenders.

Worthingroyal

by Worthingroyal » 19 Oct 2006 20:15

alad
RobRoyal

I am ITK though.

Hardly slagging Alonso off, the guy is class act but has been poor so far this season. I'm more concerned about players who run at defenders.

I am not necessarily ITK but as the guys from Spyin Kop stated they are talking about the CUP game, and in my opinion Alonso may well get a run out in this as a kick up the arse for poor performances.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Spyin' Kop Article - Fans wanted to answer some question

by AbovetheI » 19 Oct 2006 22:28

How has the season been shaping up so far?
Brilliant, never would have expected the start we have made, and have proved a certain few doubters wrong.

What are your expectations for this season? Have they changed from day one?
Our expectations are purely to avoid relagation in the first season, and gradually work our way to become an established Premiership team.

Who do you think is your most important player(s)?
Steve Sidwell, Ibrahima Sonko & Marcus Hahnemann.

Your worst player(s)?
John Halls. What's this guy all about? Signed for a nominal fee last season and has done nothing. Also Convey this season. A class act in the Championship, but this year he needs a kick in the arse.

What sort of line-up will be put out against us?
In the cup, it will be an under strength team, in the league our full strength team will be put out.

Which Liverpool player will you fear the most?
It's hard to say seeing as Benitez changes his team every game so its impossible to say that player will play!

This is the first meeting between Liverpool and Reading, how excited are you about taking us on for the first time?
Not that excited to be honest. At the end of the day you're just another team and lets be honest, you're not that excited about taking Reading on now are you?!? :lol:

How many Reading fans can we expect to make the trip up North?
In the cup, maybe 1,000 realistically it'll be about 500-750. In the league we'll sell out our allocation so 4,500 off the top of my head.

Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require an explanation?
Bill Oddie Bill Oddie rub your beard all over my body, or any tedious new versions that our fans may come up with.

Has anyone been to Anfield before? If so, what were your thoughts?
Never been myself, but i'll definately go both games in the cup & league.

And finally, care to predict the score?
Cup will be 1-1, we'll win on pens and the League game will be 2-0 to you lot.

Rushian

by Rushian » 24 Oct 2006 14:16

I've taken this over as the other lad is having internet problems. Want to add one more question:

(Go with me on this) Swindon are playing Oxford in the FA Cup Final - to what effort would you go to avoid being near a TV?
Last edited by Rushian on 24 Oct 2006 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 24 Oct 2006 14:17

That never will happen, so it's an irelevant question. ;)

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 24 Oct 2006 14:25

Rushian I've taken this over as the other lad is having internet problems. Want to add one more question:

(Go with me on this) Swindon and playing Oxford in the FA Cup Final - to what effort would you go to avoid being near a TV?

to put the record straight, Oxford and Swindon are local but are not our rivals (they are each others).

That is not snobbery because they are lower league/non-league. Our true only mutual rivals are Aldershot. FFS. :oops:

Maybe if you rephrased the question Aldershot v Chelsea.

Rushian

by Rushian » 24 Oct 2006 14:28

Ok, I'll rephrase it totally:

Who are your rivals and why?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 24 Oct 2006 14:30

Oxford and Swindon cos they are local! Aldershot can't be our rivals cos we haven't played them since they went bust.