Sidwell sent hate mail

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Far Canal

Sidwell sent hate mail

by Far Canal » 22 Oct 2006 19:31

Anyone care to own up to sending Sidwell hate mail?

http://tinyurl.com/y4a7mk

The People

22 October 2006
SIDWELL'S BATTLE WITH HATE MOB

STEVE SIDWELL goes into Reading's clash with Arsenal today having revealed how he had to overcome a vicious hate
mob who tried to drive him out of the club at the start of the season.

Sidwell, out of contract next summer, failed to sign a new deal and became a target for abuse from Royals fans.

He said: "I was getting a lot of hate mail. It was all stuff like I was greedy and telling me to f*** off and that they didn't want
me to play for Reading. But after a few performances they could see I was here for the cause. I just let my performances
do the talking and now the fans are terrific."

Looking ahead to today's game the former Gunners midfielder added: "It's a big game for me personally to play
against my old club and the one I support.

"Even though I didn't make it I will be the first one to shake Arsene Wenger's hand because I learnt so much there."

Legend

by Legend » 22 Oct 2006 19:33

Yeah it was me, whatcha gonna do ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 22 Oct 2006 19:43

Probably sent by Man City fans to ease his signing along...

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 22 Oct 2006 20:38

I doubt they were Royals fans. Sidwell is out of contract and doesn't want to sign another. He has given 100% to the team so far this season and he deserves to be give 100% support from the fans.

Abbo

by Abbo » 22 Oct 2006 20:43

I hear the letter started:

dear sidwell,

im livid your thinking of leaving.

I have my own suspect in mind...

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 22 Oct 2006 20:44

Glad to see he got the letters, you can never be too sure with Royal Mail these days.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 22 Oct 2006 20:51

I didn't send any hate mail to Sidwell.

Though I did send him some spunk in a envelope.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 23 Oct 2006 08:42

Who feels Sidwell fell for Wenger talking him up before the game on Sunday. He was out to impress. Sidwell we love you to bits but you aint getting into that Arsenal side ... you've been had!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 23 Oct 2006 09:49

All our players were made to look ordinary by Arsenal. We were run ragged!

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 23 Oct 2006 09:50

I used the same letter I sent to Elroy Kromheer but just changed the name on it.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 23 Oct 2006 09:58

Maybe it's just me, but this 'hate mail' kinda sounds like an ancronym for 'I got slagged to high heaven on our internet discussion board forums at the beginning of the season'.

It's about time that some of our so called fans woke up and entered the real world. Sidwell has been exceptional so far this season. IMO, losing cogs from our wheels like Sidders will do us a lot more harm than people realise. As a small comparison, just look at how disorganised we looked in defence at times against the Arse with Murty missing!

We all know that players read the likes of HNA, even if their told not to by RFC. It's human nature init ?, we all seek out praise and criticism in our own performances, be they on a work or personal level. Footballers are no different.

I'm hoping and praying that we can get Sidwell to sign a new contract in Jan, but a minor section of morons may have already helped to make up his mind that his future lies away from RFC !. Let's hope not, as we all have a responsibility in securing the future of our club and the current crop of talented players (give or take a De la Cruz!)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Oct 2006 10:09

M4 Junction 11 I doubt they were Royals fans. Sidwell is out of contract and doesn't want to sign another. He has given 100% to the team so far this season and he deserves to be give 100% support from the fans.

Are you joking? the amount of foul abuse he got on here from some quite well respected Reading fans was unbelievable. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them sent him a letter.

Be interesting to reserrect the threads and compare what these people are saying about him now. We might see quite a lot of twofacedness showing up.

Berkshire Born

by Berkshire Born » 23 Oct 2006 10:11

Nezhen Maybe it's just me, but this 'hate mail' kinda sounds like an ancronym for 'I got slagged to high heaven on our internet discussion board forums at the beginning of the season'.

It's about time that some of our so called fans woke up and entered the real world. Sidwell has been exceptional so far this season. IMO, losing cogs from our wheels like Sidders will do us a lot more harm than people realise. As a small comparison, just look at how disorganised we looked in defence at times against the Arse with Murty missing!

We all know that players read the likes of HNA, even if their told not to by RFC. It's human nature init ?, we all seek out praise and criticism in our own performances, be they on a work or personal level. Footballers are no different.

I'm hoping and praying that we can get Sidwell to sign a new contract in Jan, but a minor section of morons may have already helped to make up his mind that his future lies away from RFC !. Let's hope not, as we all have a responsibility in securing the future of our club and the current crop of talented players (give or take a De la Cruz!)

Do you really think Sidwell will base the future of his career on the content of an internet discussion forum? I think he's more likely to base it on salary, length of contract and playing opportunities. If he gets these right I don't suppose he'll be that worried about the words of a few morons on HNA or any other clubs fans forums for that matter.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 23 Oct 2006 10:24

Ian Royal
M4 Junction 11 I doubt they were Royals fans. Sidwell is out of contract and doesn't want to sign another. He has given 100% to the team so far this season and he deserves to be give 100% support from the fans.

Are you joking? the amount of foul abuse he got on here from some quite well respected Reading fans was unbelievable. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them sent him a letter.

Be interesting to reserrect the threads and compare what these people are saying about him now. We might see quite a lot of twofacedness showing up.

Name and shame is what I say :evil:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Oct 2006 10:33

I think a few too many posters on here have an unrealistic view of their own importance. :wink:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 23 Oct 2006 10:39

Some posters on here and especially the stupid, cowardly twats who sent Sidwell hate mail, need to get a life.

Seriously.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 23 Oct 2006 10:48

What did Sidwell expect? When season ticket prices rose dramatically, it was seen he held the club to ransom over wage demands which changed from £18k 1 week to £21k the following week.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Oct 2006 12:00

RG30 What did Sidwell expect? When season ticket prices rose dramatically, it was seen he held the club to ransom over wage demands which changed from £18k 1 week to £21k the following week.

or possibly the wage demands stayed exactly the same and kept being reported from rumour and supposition.

I'd name the few I can remember spouting hate, but it would be unfair on them because of all the other that wouldn't be mentioned who were maybe worse. Also I quite like them.

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1