by Huntley & Palmer » 31 Oct 2006 14:04

I'd have to plump for Ingirmasson

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 31 Oct 2006 14:51

hunty

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 31 Oct 2006 14:53

Royalee If it's Hunt then the public need shooting - Hasn't played all the games, only had one good half all month and got dropped against Portsmouth. Dear oh dear.

He was dropped v Portsmouth as SC felt that the pressure of the Cech incident was too 'focused' with him, to use the term in today's EP.

Chillitsphil

by Chillitsphil » 31 Oct 2006 14:55

Hunt - because there's more to football than what happens on the pitch, and Hunt has dealt with the pressure brilliantly.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 31 Oct 2006 15:12

Royalee
West Stand Man This vote denegrates the whole concept of POTM. Hunt is getting the sympathy vote of people who can't tell who has actually kept us afloat this month. He played well against Chelsea and has earned his place in the team - but POTM, not at all.

In reality this has not been a great month all round, and the only players to come out of it with any real credit are Sonko, Hahnemann and Ingimarsson. The rest have tried hard, in most cases, but have not shone above the pack.

Hanhemann gets my vote, he kept us in the game on a couple of occasions (Pompey and Arsenal for example) when it could have seriously embarrassing.

He was also a huge reason for us hardly scoring any goals this month, along with the 7 goals he has conceded in the last two games (including giving a penalty away). I agree on the Hunt sympathy vote part though.

You'll have to help me out here. How is Hahnemann responsible for us failing to score goals? I am always open to a balanced discussion based on disagreement, but it is hard when you don't understand what the other person is talking about.
Last edited by West Stand Man on 31 Oct 2006 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 31 Oct 2006 15:33

Pridders
Scarface
M4 Junction 11 I'm sure Hunt will get it for October (though he really only deserves the MOTM for the Chelsea game) though I expect Sonko will close the gap. The surprise has got to be the 2.9% vote for DeLaC :shock:

Sonko !! Have you seen the last 2 games mate ?

For me the most consistant player in all the October games was Shorey or Marcus.

lol Marcus yeah consistantly leaking goals!

None were his fault though, but you have a fair point it sounds daft. Perhaps this highlights how bad we've been defending, that the keeper in my opinion has still come out of the last 2 league games with credit.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 31 Oct 2006 15:48

Whilst Hunt has had a better month than Convey (who hasn't :? ) I agree that he shouldn't be in the frame for POTM but it's also hard to find anyone else who deserves the accolade.

However, it's no suprise to see that those who completely over rate Bobby's contribution also under value Hahnemann's :? ...................I'm guessing that none of these observers play tennis because they clearly wouldn't recognise a slice of any description even if it hit them full in the face :P

I don't think Marcus has been seriously at fault for any of our goals conceded and has also pulled of some smart saves.

Like Shorey, he's hardly had a great month but, whilst the team has a had a torrid time, neither has done much wrong..................one of these 2 for me.

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 31 Oct 2006 16:19

It's pretty hard to find any player of the month after that poor bunch of results, but Hunt is certainly not the player of the month, no way.

For effort and performance when he played, I vote Oster. Little also in the same bracket, but the rest just seemed to go on holiday!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 31 Oct 2006 16:24

Sadly there has been no one worthy of it.

Even the unsung heroes have been below par this month, the likes of Shorey, Harper and Ivar so I couldn't vote for anyone.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 31 Oct 2006 16:27

Woodcote Royal Whilst Hunt has had a better month than Convey (who hasn't :? ) I agree that he shouldn't be in the frame for POTM but it's also hard to find anyone else who deserves the accolade.

However, it's no suprise to see that those who completely over rate Bobby's contribution also under value Hahnemann's :? ...................I'm guessing that none of these observers play tennis because they clearly wouldn't recognise a slice of any description even if it hit them full in the face :P

I don't think Marcus has been seriously at fault for any of our goals conceded and has also pulled of some smart saves.

Like Shorey, he's hardly had a great month but, whilst the team has a had a torrid time, neither has done much wrong..................one of these 2 for me.

Those of us who have watched football will know that it is not usually played 10 feet in the air and also that giving away penalties is doing something wrong.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 31 Oct 2006 17:24

Stephen Hunt ... Hunt ... Hunt

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 31 Oct 2006 17:47

Royalee
Woodcote Royal Whilst Hunt has had a better month than Convey (who hasn't :? ) I agree that he shouldn't be in the frame for POTM but it's also hard to find anyone else who deserves the accolade.

Those of us who have watched football will know that it is not usually played 10 feet in the air and also that giving away penalties is doing something wrong.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering which branch of Specsavers is responsble for your blinkered view of the world in general and RFC in particular.

NTRoyal

by NTRoyal » 31 Oct 2006 18:46

Can't say anyone deserves it, so I'm not voting!

Adz1871

by Adz1871 » 31 Oct 2006 19:12

Doyle for me .... Hasn't had a bad game all month

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 31 Oct 2006 19:24

Well if I was drawing up a shortlist, I would say Sidwell.

MC ROYAL

by MC ROYAL » 31 Oct 2006 20:17

Has to be Little for me, shows how poor we have been this month i guess, but he has been excellent with his limited opportunities.

bassavage

by bassavage » 31 Oct 2006 22:14

Hunt first with 30% at the moment, then Sonko on 20.5% and Doyle 3rd on 13.5%, last is Leroy with a massive 0.2% :shock:

E. Andrew

by E. Andrew » 01 Nov 2006 08:06

hunt would definintely be the most recognized POTM

Adrian's Fool

by Adrian's Fool » 01 Nov 2006 08:53

Why not Long for scoring a hatful in the reserves? There's nothing to say it has to be the best player in the first team is there.......

Cookie

by Cookie » 01 Nov 2006 18:44

Nicky Shorey