Back from the game

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 25 Nov 2006 21:02

Good first half, not so good second but happy to have the point as Fulham have a great home record.

Loved the f**k off moriniho and stand up if you hate chelsea.

Hope to hear it on MOTD. Heard it last week. :D :lol:

woodley_royal_124

by woodley_royal_124 » 25 Nov 2006 21:10

My first match of the season and my first ever visit to Fulham.
Excellent game, shame about the facilities thats all.......had to queue ages to have a pee, couldnt wash yer hands.....some people might not care but i do. especially when you want to go and get a pie afterwards !!! £ 2.50 for a pork and mustard pie (odd combination) BUT we won !!!! Thats what makes the difference. Dunno if its me but the pitch is really small and not much protection for players when they slide into the advertising boards.

Good day out though even though I think a lot of people had trouble on the underground, getting to the game, as people were still turning up nearly at half time!

Bath Hoops

by Bath Hoops » 25 Nov 2006 21:16

Dirk Gently I wonder if MOTD etc will shoe the blatant hack at Sidwell off the ball in the very first minute?
Makes you wonder if they targeted him from the off, it was a dreadful tackle and that muppet of a ref let them get away from it. Thought No13 were great today and loved the atmosphere, but guess I'm the only one thats fed up of the Chelsea chant would prefer to hear us cheering on the team. Very poor second half from us but very valuable 3 points, looking forward to next week should be a big challenge after seeing how Bolton killed off Arsenal today.

ShrewsandRoyals

by ShrewsandRoyals » 25 Nov 2006 21:25

Back in Leam now.

Thought Marcus distributed the ball out of his hands very well today. Usual directional inaccuracies from the boot. Could/should have killed it off in the first half.

Was too low down to judge the penalty.....I shall await MOTD.

Thought overall they showed some guts to hang in there as they pushed forward more and coped with the enforced changes OK.

The Fulham fans I was chatting to in the tube queue thought Reading deserved their position with the way they had been playing this season.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 25 Nov 2006 21:33

ShrewsandRoyals Back in Leam now.

Where in Leamington are you. My son is at warwick uni and living in Leamington. May be a useful contact!

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 25 Nov 2006 21:53

Just got home. Not very good peformance but good result.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 25 Nov 2006 22:04

Was in the Director's Box behind the dug outs. No 13 was immense today. Easily outsung the home fans. Well done to everyone!

ShrewsandRoyals

by ShrewsandRoyals » 25 Nov 2006 22:11

West Stand Man
ShrewsandRoyals Back in Leam now.

Where in Leamington are you. My son is at warwick uni and living in Leamington. May be a useful contact!

Just off the Old Milverton Road on the very edge of Leam. So far on the edge that I'm in a field in 1 minute! Went on the Chiltern line down.

a royal called morty

by a royal called morty » 25 Nov 2006 22:19

my views from the game today:
the atmosphere today from us was absolutely immense, got tickets in the neutral side, but moved right next to our fans before kick off, the fulham support was awful, the game wasn't of the highest quality, the referee was poor, and two players injured but i don't know the seriousness of them. But the most important thing was the three points which we got!!!
C'mon URZZ

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 26 Nov 2006 03:03

Not the best of games but a fantastic atmosphere. My ticket gave me a poor view of the game so moved over to the neutral end...plenty of seats there.

Koreans everywhere!

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 26 Nov 2006 03:32

Might have had something to do with Fulham's close proximity to New Malden..............it was their "home" game :P

Worthingroyal

by Worthingroyal » 26 Nov 2006 08:03

Great day out, atmosphere excellent. Didn't here any singing from Fulham the whole game. Great hospitality and quick service from the staff at the Eight Bells by the tube station before and after the game. Hotel take note.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 26 Nov 2006 09:50

woodley_royal_124 My first match of the season and my first ever visit to Fulham.
Excellent game, shame about the facilities thats all.......had to queue ages to have a pee

Think yourself lucky you missed the Pompey away game then!!! These facilities were luxury compared to Fratton Park.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 26 Nov 2006 10:02

Worthingroyal Great hospitality and quick service from the staff at the Eight Bells by the tube station before and after the game. Hotel take note.

Good point. The place was rammed, but no trouble getting served at all.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 26 Nov 2006 11:51

woodley_royal_124 My first match of the season and my first ever visit to Fulham.
Excellent game, shame about the facilities thats all.......had to queue ages to have a pee, couldnt wash yer hands.....some people might not care but i do. especially when you want to go and get a pie afterwards !!!

Servs you right for going to the first gents you came to - the ones towards P4 were fine the whole time.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 27 Nov 2006 11:05

PieEater OK time for my match report.

We were great, Fulham were shit, no.13 was fantastic :D

The ref was shit, but gave a pen :D and then seemed to be trying to even up the score with 3 totally nothing bookings.

A top day out, and I don't think I've ever seen so many Koreans.

That sums the game up nicely.

Fat_Septic

by Fat_Septic » 27 Nov 2006 12:56

The view from television: though glad Reading got the points, still: an eleven man Reading had trouble maintaining possession against a ten man Fulham. Wanted to see a nice passing game with opportunities created, etc. Instead watched a ten man Fulham own possession and Reading scramble to counter-attack, lose the ball and then defend like hell.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 27 Nov 2006 13:07

I thought we were under the cosh for large chunks of the game, but with better quality final ball into the box/finishing, we could have had another 2 or 3 goals.

Fulham looked good and are certainly not going to be relegation fodder on that performance.

The dreadful foul on Sidwell was by that well know thug, Brown (he did Giggs and Ashley Cole earlier in the season) and I agree that Dermot Gallagher made some pretty bizarre decisions during the game.

However, all that matters is the 3 points, the clean sheet, and the 22 points we have already amassed.

:D

woodley_royal_124

by woodley_royal_124 » 27 Nov 2006 13:19

platypus said
woodley_royal_124 wrote:
My first match of the season and my first ever visit to Fulham.
Excellent game, shame about the facilities thats all.......had to queue ages to have a pee, couldnt wash yer hands.....some people might not care but i do. especially when you want to go and get a pie afterwards !!!

Servs you right for going to the first gents you came to - the ones towards P4 were fine the whole time.

I asked some bloke who was just standing around where the gents were and he said ' I dunno mate !!' I then asked one of the stewards by the gates at the front and he pointed in a roughly ' they're over there ' direction. And to think these facilities are better than Fratton park ! :shock:

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 27 Nov 2006 18:32

My first "live" match of the season also, due to where I live, sadly, but even though not the most fluid of performances I didnt think that Fulham threatened us very much, its outstanding to see how the players have upped themselves to a higher level this year, and the one who continues to impress is Nicky Shorey irrespective of what level he has been asked to play at he never fails to up his game, and with the vultures of the premier league getting ready to swoop on the opening of the transfer window in January I wonder if he mght just be the hardest one to keep hold of ??, and the "Shorey for England" chants might not be too far from the truth. A qualty player !!