James Henry

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Doyler

James Henry

by Doyler » 07 Jan 2007 17:11

Anyone see the section on him in the evening post on friday? Says that match magazine described him as 'The new Ryan Giggs' and has tipped him to become a Premiership star in a couple of years. He's had decent games when I've seen him for the reserves and got a hat-trick against Arsenal. Would be nice not only to see a youngster progress to the first team but be successful as that hasn't happened over the last few years.

bootboy

Re: James Henry

by bootboy » 07 Jan 2007 17:41

Doyler Anyone see the section on him in the evening post on friday? Says that match magazine described him as 'The new Ryan Giggs' and has tipped him to become a Premiership star in a couple of years. He's had decent games when I've seen him for the reserves and got a hat-trick against Arsenal. Would be nice not only to see a youngster progress to the first team but be successful as that hasn't happened over the last few years.

Yes saw the article in the Match magazine. Premiership Wonderkids - Which ace youngsters are ready to rock the Premiership in 2007. 20 players feature from various clubs, mostly 19-20 year olds,few 18 yr and three 17 yr olds one of which was our player James. Not sure about the article itself though. Some of the players have already featured for their teams and some were probable for the latest fa cup games this weekend. As with normal tradition we don't give much call to youngsters even in the cup. Perhaps as fans we complain to much that the club is not taking the fa cup seriously. but other clubs are doing the same and using it to blood there young players. Understandable when you pay to watch to want to see your best/strongest team but these young lads are the future. Anyway whos to say that they don't improve the team, only one way to find out.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 07 Jan 2007 17:45

That puts a different perspective n it, if the article needed a kid from every team.

Yes, he is the closest we have to being a "wonderkid", but that doesn't mean to say he IS one.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 07 Jan 2007 17:53

I am always 'banging on' about the high standard of our Academy young players and am convinced that at the 'right' time - i.e when Premiership safety is secured - we shall exercise the option of giving the likes of Henry a run out, perhaps initially on the bench. This will be sooner rather than later.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Jan 2007 17:53

I'm not certain it did from what I can tell from the above.

In any case, it seems to praising him quite a lot.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1