ROYALS v BURNLEY (H)FA Cup Sponsered by The Met Office.

189 posts
readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 09 Jan 2007 21:49

Flapped by Federici.

Hang on lads.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 09 Jan 2007 21:49

Uoh, stil not scared though :? :shock:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 09 Jan 2007 21:49

3-2

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 09 Jan 2007 21:50

DONT THROW IT AWAY

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 09 Jan 2007 21:50

4th round here we come

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 09 Jan 2007 21:50

All over. Phew!

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 09 Jan 2007 21:52

Sounded like we were well in control, good performance and good result.
No injuries.
Took a 3-0 lead and the lads also learnt a lesson that it's a 90 min match.

Well done.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 09 Jan 2007 21:53

Good Kits and Bobby came through.All power to the royals.Newcastle be handy for me up here. :wink:

Banjax

by Banjax » 09 Jan 2007 21:57

Bobby sounded good and hungry for a bit of the action, glad to see Kits is still standing

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 09 Jan 2007 21:57

Glad that Federici played well and that our strikers are much better than theirs!

6 Shots On Target 11
5 Shots Off Target 6
7 Fouls (Conceded) 9
4 Corners 9
1 Yellow Cards 1
0 Red Cards 0

Positives:
Federici did well
Golbourne did well
Convey played a full 90
Kitson played 30 mins

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 09 Jan 2007 22:00

Platypuss Glad that Federici played well and that our strikers are much better than theirs!

6 Shots On Target 11
5 Shots Off Target 6
7 Fouls (Conceded) 9
4 Corners 9
1 Yellow Cards 1
0 Red Cards 0

Positives:
Federici did well
Golbourne did well
Convey played a full 90
Kitson played 30 mins

Last 20 mins, a couple of subs and the wheels fell off a bit.
But everything Coppell wanted to happen came off.

100% justified and I'm sure he learnt a bit more about the debutants and they in turn learnt more themselves.

Which is what this match was all about.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 09 Jan 2007 22:05

MOTD on tonight?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 09 Jan 2007 22:07

Doubt it - there were only two games. Try Sky Sports News at 11 for the goals.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 09 Jan 2007 22:09

T.R.O.L.I. Doubt it - there were only two games. Try Sky Sports News at 11 for the goals.

Goals have been on ssn more or less as soon as they went in.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 09 Jan 2007 22:11

Platypuss
T.R.O.L.I. Doubt it - there were only two games. Try Sky Sports News at 11 for the goals.

Goals have been on ssn more or less as soon as they went in.

Fair enough - been watching the LOLiverpooLOL game and now the OC :oops:

scutterbucket

by scutterbucket » 09 Jan 2007 23:31

Federici made some fantastic reaction saves but he did gift their goals. Flapped at one completely after misjudging the cross. Fair play to him though, the boy did good.

Longs goal was more than a bit special! Boo yeah!

addsrfc

by addsrfc » 09 Jan 2007 23:39

Sodjis celebration .... lmao :lol:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 09 Jan 2007 23:45

scutterbucket Federici made some fantastic reaction saves but he did gift their goals. Flapped at one completely after misjudging the cross. Fair play to him though, the boy did good.

No Sodje gifted the first goal when instead of moving a yard and kicking it he stood still and didn't bother to even try and hase Akinbiyi, who at the 100th attempt actually got the bal in, took it well.

The 2nd one seemed a bit of a mix up, no one really taking charge and Federici didn't get it clear, not going to have a pop at him the boy done very good!!! 8/10 for Federici.

I've read a few reports from elsewhere on this and have to say surprised at some of the stick De La Cruz has got, I'm not even close to being a fan of his but I didn't think he was that bad, made some crucial interceptions, one in the first half in particular and did some good work, he has next to no pace though, so once someone is past him that's it. 6/10 for DLC

Golbourne I thought looked totally lost in the frist 20-25 minutes getting caught out nearly all the time but settled down after that, he's not ready though if Shorey got injured. 6/10

Sodje, scored a neat goal was was very poor for me. Mistimed challenges, no challenges at times, at fault for the first goal and looked lost. Was the weak link in the 4 for me. 4/10

Ingimarsson - Fine, normal game. 7/10

Seol - first half I thought he looked lively, was beating his man delivering some good balls, thought he was in the mood then 2nd half oh dear. Very poor second half, giving the ball away, not clearing his lines when needed and being caught in posession. 4/10

Bikey - Decent. He looks better in there than he does at the back. Strong and physical, he can pass the ball well and got good energy levels. Just needs to keep it simple at times. 7/10

Oster - Typical Oster game some lovely flicks, some decent passes and then fades and you don't see him for a while but was ok. 6/10

Convey - still getting his way back in but was a threat, looked lively, good to see him making them forward runs again. Set piece delivery - Shite. 7/10

Long - best game he's had in ages, his finish for his goal was top top class. First touch has improved and his link up play was good. As I say best game in ages for him, it's his level at the minute. 8/10

Lita - Showed his class in two moments really. Was just another chance of a run out for him, took his goal superbly and his ball for Long's goal was equally brilliant. Must also say the bit of skill out on the left to totally rinse their defender was ace as well. 8/10

Pearce - Great to see him come on and not really put a foot wrong in the 20 mins or so he was on. I'd sooner play him than any of the others at CB if we got an injury. 6/10

Kitson - Great to see him back, obviously couldn't expect him to be diving in and busting a gut as he usually does but his touch and control was superb. Just great to see him back again. 6/10

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 10 Jan 2007 00:12

who tookthe armband off ivar when he came off just out of interest

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 10 Jan 2007 00:31

Alan Partridge
scutterbucket Federici made some fantastic reaction saves but he did gift their goals. Flapped at one completely after misjudging the cross. Fair play to him though, the boy did good.

No Sodje gifted the first goal when instead of moving a yard and kicking it he stood still and didn't bother to even try and hase Akinbiyi, who at the 100th attempt actually got the bal in, took it well.

The 2nd one seemed a bit of a mix up, no one really taking charge and Federici didn't get it clear, not going to have a pop at him the boy done very good!!! 8/10 for Federici.

I've read a few reports from elsewhere on this and have to say surprised at some of the stick De La Cruz has got, I'm not even close to being a fan of his but I didn't think he was that bad, made some crucial interceptions, one in the first half in particular and did some good work, he has next to no pace though, so once someone is past him that's it. 6/10 for DLC

Golbourne I thought looked totally lost in the frist 20-25 minutes getting caught out nearly all the time but settled down after that, he's not ready though if Shorey got injured. 6/10

Sodje, scored a neat goal was was very poor for me. Mistimed challenges, no challenges at times, at fault for the first goal and looked lost. Was the weak link in the 4 for me. 4/10

Ingimarsson - Fine, normal game. 7/10

Seol - first half I thought he looked lively, was beating his man delivering some good balls, thought he was in the mood then 2nd half oh dear. Very poor second half, giving the ball away, not clearing his lines when needed and being caught in posession. 4/10

Bikey - Decent. He looks better in there than he does at the back. Strong and physical, he can pass the ball well and got good energy levels. Just needs to keep it simple at times. 7/10

Oster - Typical Oster game some lovely flicks, some decent passes and then fades and you don't see him for a while but was ok. 6/10

Convey - still getting his way back in but was a threat, looked lively, good to see him making them forward runs again. Set piece delivery - Shite. 7/10

Long - best game he's had in ages, his finish for his goal was top top class. First touch has improved and his link up play was good. As I say best game in ages for him, it's his level at the minute. 8/10

Lita - Showed his class in two moments really. Was just another chance of a run out for him, took his goal superbly and his ball for Long's goal was equally brilliant. Must also say the bit of skill out on the left to totally rinse their defender was ace as well. 8/10

Pearce - Great to see him come on and not really put a foot wrong in the 20 mins or so he was on. I'd sooner play him than any of the others at CB if we got an injury. 6/10

Kitson - Great to see him back, obviously couldn't expect him to be diving in and busting a gut as he usually does but his touch and control was superb. Just great to see him back again. 6/10

DLC seems to get loads of stick and probably rightly so, but he hasnt got a bad record whenhe has started for us:

2 wins, 2 defeats and a draw.

Given that one defeat was away at Anfield and the other was the 4-0 magic show that is Arsenal, his stats arent too bad

189 posts