Reading fans in bad behaviour shocker

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

Re: Reading fans in bad behaviour shocker

by Skin » 10 Jan 2007 11:39

Seal My Arsenal mate just sent this to me. According to this table we have the worst behaved 'public' this season!!!!

No idea how it is worked out, but here's the link. The relevant table is at the bottom of the page.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=440305&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Arsenals+football+not+just+fluid,+but+fair

Good. I really don't see the problem here, giving myself a pat on the back as I type..

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Jan 2007 13:42

Sharpy good...not a poxy famly club anymore!!! much more hostile atmosphere created by banter, bad behaviour etc....soon be like the den!!

Good grief :roll: .

Famly (sic.) club with a growing fanbase or a pathetic 'reputation' and a dying fanbase like Millwall? Would you really prefer the latter?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 10 Jan 2007 14:04

Actually this doesn't surprise me at all.............

I am pretty much of the opinion that we have the best support in the Premier League.

Some of the P*ss taken out of Chelsea and West Ham in recent weeks has been absolutely classic. Our fans are relentless. We take the P*ss constantly until eventually the opposition fans can't take any more and have to shout back.

RFC support is by far the cockiest and wittiest supporter base in the Premier League bar nobody.

United only seemed to have one song. RFC are just winding up from the first minute.

Even stood next to the Toon Ultras. The toon were silent for ages but eventually they couldn't take any more P*ss taking from the travelling Royals and had to stand up and be counted. We relentlessly take the P*ss until our opposition has to respond.

At Chelsea, the Royals were so cocky. At one point we had the audacity to tell them that we were gonna win 3-2. And if anyone was gonna win it 3-2 it probably would have been us as well.

RFC fans this season = Legendary

We are no more the quiet fans with an inferiority complex. Reading fans this season have been far superior in wit, cockiness, general banter than supporters of any other club. Maybe we have alot to be smiling about this year. No one has got anything on us. We are expected to lose at Chelsea because our team didn't cost £1Billion pounds to assemble. So we can take the P*ss till the cows come home.

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 10 Jan 2007 14:06

Seal My Arsenal mate just sent this to me. According to this table we have the worst behaved 'public' this season!!!!

No idea how it is worked out, but here's the link. The relevant table is at the bottom of the page.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=440305&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Arsenals+football+not+just+fluid,+but+fair

I have managed to find out how this works. Every set of supporters starts off with 5 points and then up to 5 points can be deducted or added by the premier league official present at the match for good or bad behaviour. Deductions are made for "persistent foul and abusive language" "persistent abuse of the official's decisions" "persistent aggressive or threatening conduct towards opposing fans." (sound familiar?)

You gain points by doing things like giving verbal support to your own team in an acceptable form, whatever that is (probably not involving eating dogs i would have thought), and for recognising opposition's outstanding play. The winning set of supporters at the season's end gets £20,000.

IMHO if your supporters are anywhere near the top of this table then they are not very good supporters. I want the madstad to be a difficult place for teams to come and play at, and a bit of banter between the fans / at opposition players is fair enough. Not violence or racist abuse obviously but that is not something I have ever witnessed at our place.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 10 Jan 2007 14:09

brighton_royal IMHO if your supporters are anywhere near the top of this table then they are not very good supporters.

I would agree with that thought, it would mean that the fans of the club at the top are very quiet and sit still being void of any passion.

It's as if the FA wants the fans to be like that.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 10 Jan 2007 14:11

Top Flight Actually this doesn't surprise me at all.............

I am pretty much of the opinion that we have the best support in the Premier League.

Some of the P*ss taken out of Chelsea and West Ham in recent weeks has been absolutely classic. Our fans are relentless. We take the P*ss constantly until eventually the opposition fans can't take any more and have to shout back.

RFC support is by far the cockiest and wittiest supporter base in the Premier League bar nobody.

United only seemed to have one song. RFC are just winding up from the first minute.

Even stood next to the Toon Ultras. The toon were silent for ages but eventually they couldn't take any more P*ss taking from the travelling Royals and had to stand up and be counted. We relentlessly take the P*ss until our opposition has to respond.

At Chelsea, the Royals were so cocky. At one point we had the audacity to tell them that we were gonna win 3-2. And if anyone was gonna win it 3-2 it probably would have been us as well.

RFC fans this season = Legendary

We are no more the quiet fans with an inferiority complex. Reading fans this season have been far superior in wit, cockiness, general banter than supporters of any other club. Maybe we have alot to be smiling about this year. No one has got anything on us. We are expected to lose at Chelsea because our team didn't cost £1Billion pounds to assemble. So we can take the P*ss till the cows come home.

Was this written tongue in cheek?

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 10 Jan 2007 14:14

brighton_royal

I have managed to find out how this works. Every set of supporters starts off with 5 points and then up to 5 points can be deducted or added by the premier league official present at the match for good or bad behaviour. Deductions are made for "persistent foul and abusive language" "persistent abuse of the official's decisions" "persistent aggressive or threatening conduct towards opposing fans." (sound familiar?)

You gain points by doing things like giving verbal support to your own team in an acceptable form, whatever that is (probably not involving eating dogs i would have thought), and for recognising opposition's outstanding play. The winning set of supporters at the season's end gets £20,000.

IMHO if your supporters are anywhere near the top of this table then they are not very good supporters. I want the madstad to be a difficult place for teams to come and play at, and a bit of banter between the fans / at opposition players is fair enough. Not violence or racist abuse obviously but that is not something I have ever witnessed at our place.

Thanks Brighton. Totally agree. No chance of the £20k then oh well :)

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 10 Jan 2007 14:19

I don't know, it would be quite nice to go to a game without some little idiot making oxf*rd signs at the opposing fans. It must be the most pointless thing in the world, who the hell would be offended at being called a oxf*rd?

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 10 Jan 2007 14:23

Huntley & Palmer I don't know, it would be quite nice to go to a game without some little idiot making oxf*rd signs at the opposing fans. It must be the most pointless thing in the world, who the hell would be offended at being called a oxf*rd?

That guy in the red top at the west ham match looked pretty upset :lol:

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 10 Jan 2007 14:28

RoyalBlue I reckon it must have been scored by the sodding match officials! :evil:

Perhaps they don't like being compared to Graham Poll. :D

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 10 Jan 2007 14:31

SpaceCruiser
brighton_royal IMHO if your supporters are anywhere near the top of this table then they are not very good supporters.

I would agree with that thought, it would mean that the fans of the club at the top are very quiet and sit still being void of any passion.

Hence Fulham, Charlon and Arsenal being at the top of the table...

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 10 Jan 2007 14:33

But since the "science" has now been uncovered, clearly being bottom of that table is preferred to being top. So well done Reading fans everywhere.. (incidentally does the PA guy still do the No 13, Reading fans everywhere bit in the team lineup.. that was always a bit embarassing, but haven't been to a home match for ages..)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Jan 2007 14:38

brighton_royal

We're only really guilty as charged on the second ground and that's the fault of the people scoring us for appointing such dire officials! We should have marks added back on for putting up with some of the pr*tts un black!

'and for recognising opposition's outstanding play.' - well that means we're at an automatic disadvantage having already played Chelski and West Ham! Sod all opportunity to recognise it!!

Seriously though, I'm staggered we are at the bottom when so many neutrals and even opponents have recognised how good our vocal support has been this season.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 10 Jan 2007 14:45

The table isn't questioning if we're vocal in our support, it is saying that we are being vocal in a way the Premier League doesn't approve of...hence the bad behaviour score.

noise

by noise » 10 Jan 2007 14:50

Where should Wigan be? Their fans hardly ever turn up, is that good or bad for the table, less people, less 'rule' breaking. I reckon they should be top of the table. I suppose Charlton and West Ham booing their own side is deemed fine.

size 12

by size 12 » 10 Jan 2007 15:12

RoyalBlue
brighton_royal

We're only really guilty as charged on the second ground and that's the fault of the people scoring us for appointing such dire officials! We should have marks added back on for putting up with some of the pr*tts un black!

'and for recognising opposition's outstanding play.' - well that means we're at an automatic disadvantage having already played Chelski and West Ham! Sod all opportunity to recognise it!!

Seriously though, I'm staggered we are at the bottom when so many neutrals and even opponents have recognised how good our vocal support has been this season.

Spot on, most of the vocals I hear around me, both home and away, are directed at ridiculous refereeing and linesman decisions

And how are Sheff Utd ahead of Reading in the fair play league???

G'La

by G'La » 10 Jan 2007 16:12

This is what I love about being a Reading fan at the moment!

Its not just about coming into a new league as supreme record-breaking champions, taking comfortable victories, managing to compete with the best and taking points from two of the best teams on this planet!!!! What I love the most is the banter and abuse us Royals fans subject our fellow Premiership rivals!!

We're not behaving in a violent or malicious manner that could be deemed as hooliganism. We're on the ball, quick with witty responding to chants or comment other fans throw at us. At home the noise levels have increased unbelievable so but its away from home we're terrorising the league! Telling Chelsea "You've just lost the title" after the game on boxing day, when Liverpool scored a second goal at Anfield in the league they chanted "Premiership, you're havin a laugh" to which we responded "Premiership, we're havin a laugh". Taking the p*ss out of the prawn sandwich and humus brigade at both Fulham and Watford. The little digs at Man Utd and Liverpool fans at motorway travelling in the same direction as us. Chanting "We support our local team" and asking them individually "do you have further to travel than us?"

Some may say its arrogance, but I say you're entitled to be arrogant if you have something to be proud of.... at the moment we have and long may it continue!! Keep it up Royals.

Trendy

by Trendy » 10 Jan 2007 16:12

Basically then, if you are a member of the prawn sandwich brigade you get £20k..... :? :?

G'La

by G'La » 10 Jan 2007 16:17

Trendy Basically then, if you are a member of the prawn sandwich brigade you get £20k..... :? :?

Is it dead on or over £20k to be part of the PSB? :shock: Looks like Im off to support Fulham then!!

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 10 Jan 2007 16:43

wat a load of rubbish