Convey Performance

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 10 Jan 2007 21:01

papereyes Am I the only one who thought he rarely beat his man in a one-on-one situation?

I'll get shot for saying this, but has he taken on anybody down the wing this season (including the World Cup?)??? A few great crosses but no examples of him taking it round a player and crossing from the by-line.

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 10 Jan 2007 21:12

Still needs a couple more sub appearences and to start in Cup to make sure he is back to full fitness, Kitson will take longer. Understandably, at times, Convey didn't really want to take the defence on, but did in the second half slightly more, so once he has his confidence back, he will be a great threat to have in the side!

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 10 Jan 2007 21:13

I'd say he played pretty well had a lot of pace in the first half though his touch was dodgy.

Kits was almost worth the 4 month wait. He held up the ball with ease and slotted some ace weighted balls down the wings (shame Convey and Seol appeared to be bored of going down the wing by the time he came on)

WestCoast Life
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by WestCoast Life » 10 Jan 2007 21:28

biscuitsrus
SWLR How did he and Golbourne link?

Put it this way, not the same as Shorey and Bobby!! but then again as I think you are suggesting its the partnership between Shorey and Convey that looks and works so well.

In the 2nd half Golbourne was more attacking and running forward to overlap with Convey a la Shorey. It was clear that he had been told to try this by Coppell. It was more effective than the 1st half, but you could see that they had not played together before. With time perhaps he could be another Shorey.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Convey Performance

by Millsy » 10 Jan 2007 23:16

el_presidente
Top Flight
Does he look fit and dangerous again?

Yes

Gay.