Match of the day

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 10 Jan 2007 18:20

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Wise words YR, wise words.

To be fair MOTD coverage is shocking anyway and not just from a RFC perspective. The Guardian have been very favourable towards us as have the Times.

As have the Telegraph

anR

by anR » 10 Jan 2007 19:41

Bucks Dave I loved the Independent's comment on the West Ham match that "Reading declared at 6".

I just had to research this cause it sounded funny!

Independent With Reading easing up, he succeeded, though when Leroy Lita tucked in the fifth eight minutes into the half double figures seemed on the cards. In the event Reading declared at six, Doyle heading in with 12 minutes left.

doylefan

by doylefan » 10 Jan 2007 20:19

thats the thing about the media, its not about how well reading have done, but about how badly the other team have preformed, come on MOTD we deserve some credit for proving alot of the pundits wrong so far!!

tink

by tink » 10 Jan 2007 21:16

I suppose tabloids, aimed at your average idiot with barely half a brain cell, will always aim for the neanderthal, jump on the band-wagon, glory supporters of chelsea, man utd and arsenal.

the broadsheets will actually aim at presenting a more balanced, professional view, and i think that suits the more cultured supporters of 'real' football teams.

I'm not saying that man u/arsenal/chelsea supporters are thick as sh!t, but....well actually i am. people who support those clubs are not supporting for the football, they're just there cos they wanna look cool.

so basically, we get measured, intelligent articles in the broadsheets, and avoid all the trashy tabloid headlines

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Jan 2007 21:20

I think the broadsheets, whilst still dedecating a lot of space to the big 4, do tend to see the bigger picture. We have received a lot of positive press this season. Don't forget that the tabloids and MOTD have a much more populist approach driven in large by viewing and sales figures and we will very rarely be the big story. I think it's been fairly clear from day 1 that Lineker has rated us but again, he's jst the front man driven by editorial policy on MOTD.

Gentleman Jim

by Gentleman Jim » 11 Jan 2007 09:59

From Despair To Where? I think it's been fairly clear from day 1 that Lineker has rated us but again, he's jst the front man driven by editorial policy on MOTD.

This has always been apparent. He was the only one on the first day of the season that went with us to stay up over the pundits pick of Sheff Utd. And also likes to steer the 20min diatribes about the BIG opposition onto Reading.

I think the lack of press intrusion has been a good thing. Look at Warnock. The media darling invited every journo round to his house and has been hapily giving them access to the club. But the press keep niggling him for info so he goes and tells them he has a £7 MILLION WAR CHEST. Then Nugent gets priced at £6 million :lol: :lol:

Back to the media, John Barnes has featured Reading quite a lot over the past 12 months and the opinions of him and his pundits has always been complimentary.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 11 Jan 2007 10:14

Stranded Who cares.

Agreed

by 1960 » 11 Jan 2007 10:52

Serial rapist and murderer trapped when found tied up by hooker in 5 star London hotel.

Neighbourhood policing policies producing results.

Which headline would the rags go for? Which would you read? What has got the most newsworthinesss?

Huge West Ham implosion against almost unknown Reading. It'd obvious where the news story lies.

mydak

by mydak » 11 Jan 2007 11:29

another reason for the times being slightly better disposed is the fact that there are a couple of reading supporters on the sports staff.

A don't mind match of the day's coverage.
I don;t normally bother with the analysis bit, i want to see goals and action. and then i generally pick up the rest of the game from those fine journalists at hobnob.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2007 22:49

Sebastian Well chuffed with the coverage tonight - seems fair and unbiased - and looked at many aspects, especially our team play.

10/10 for coverage.
and I friggin missed it :twisted:

bloody wimmin and their girly shows

Diddyroyal

by Diddyroyal » 14 Jan 2007 23:00

agree was good coverage for Reading tonight, bet Everton fans will be a bit dogged though, talked more about Rocky than there team!