Preston FA Cup Defeat (1 - 2) Jan 2004

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
International Royal

Preston FA Cup Defeat (1 - 2) Jan 2004

by International Royal » 12 Jan 2007 14:15

What a difference in 3 years, shows the emotion in football (the here and now nature). Not necessarily for comment but does raise a smile. Interesting that the back 5 then is currently the same less Sonko. SC's early days.

Mike From Tilehurst Wrote:

Having watched Reading for 40 years, last night shambles was diabolical and we were lucky to escape with only a 2-1 defeat. No compassion, fight, energy or basic skill shown by the players and lack of motivation visibly from the bench. What is going on? I am very worried when looking at the remaining home fixtures and believe that unless this slide is halted soon by March we will be involved in a relegation battle. Its a shame that pardew wasted the majority of our transfer budget on two players at the start of the season. 500K for a 33 year old on a three year deal who can't even get off the ground to head the ball! I have nothing but respect for Madjeski but I fear he and the fellow board members have great business sense but very little knowledge of football and I think the appointmeny of Coppell is proving to be a big mistake. I'm also beginning to question the ambition of the club when we shell out 100k for Ingimarsson, 150k for Kitson and a striker on loan who can't even warrant a place in a struggling Sheff Wed team. Juts look how much Wigan, Norwich, West Ham, West Brom etc are investing in players. Rumour has it that Forest may sack Hart today and we all know what happens when teams come up against a managerless side-I fear the worst at Forest. Never felt so depressed as I am feeling at the moment.

4 promotions

by 4 promotions » 12 Jan 2007 14:23

Coppell out

When Hicks went up...

Re: Preston FA Cup Defeat (1 - 2) Jan 2004

by When Hicks went up... » 12 Jan 2007 15:32

International Royal What a difference in 3 years, shows the emotion in football (the here and now nature). Not necessarily for comment but does raise a smile. Interesting that the back 5 then is currently the same less Sonko. SC's early days.

Mike From Tilehurst Wrote:

Having watched Reading for 40 years, last night shambles was diabolical and we were lucky to escape with only a 2-1 defeat. No compassion, fight, energy or basic skill shown by the players and lack of motivation visibly from the bench. What is going on? I am very worried when looking at the remaining home fixtures and believe that unless this slide is halted soon by March we will be involved in a relegation battle. Its a shame that pardew wasted the majority of our transfer budget on two players at the start of the season. 500K for a 33 year old on a three year deal who can't even get off the ground to head the ball! I have nothing but respect for Madjeski but I fear he and the fellow board members have great business sense but very little knowledge of football and I think the appointmeny of Coppell is proving to be a big mistake. I'm also beginning to question the ambition of the club when we shell out 100k for Ingimarsson, 150k for Kitson and a striker on loan who can't even warrant a place in a struggling Sheff Wed team. Juts look how much Wigan, Norwich, West Ham, West Brom etc are investing in players. Rumour has it that Forest may sack Hart today and we all know what happens when teams come up against a managerless side-I fear the worst at Forest. Never felt so depressed as I am feeling at the moment.

What on earth were we thinking of wasting money on these clowns...they'll never prove to be value from money...

Madejski out!

royal madrid

by royal madrid » 12 Jan 2007 16:13

Ahh, the beauty of hindsight.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 12 Jan 2007 16:22

royal madrid Ahh, the beauty of hindsight.

and a little patience.

When Hicks went up...

by When Hicks went up... » 12 Jan 2007 16:28

Vision
royal madrid Ahh, the beauty of hindsight.

and a little patience.

Barlow is a royal...

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1