De La Cruz

226 posts
Betty's Biscuit

by Betty's Biscuit » 15 Jan 2007 12:38

Apart from conceding a corner when De La Cruz could probably have cleared it for a throw on, I have to admit that I was pleasantly impressed with his performance at Goodison. Thank goodness we had Ingarmarson on form in the first 20 minutes or it would been us chasing the game.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 15 Jan 2007 13:05

I thought De La Cruz had a pretty decent game and the obvious things such as match fitness showed but he was never bought in to be our 1st choice right back, he's adequate cover considering he cost us nothing and has Premiership experience.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Jan 2007 13:17

silchester rovers Agreed DLC did ok, though the free kick he conceded in injury time was surely needless and we were all relieved the ball just went over cross bar

Needless? Harper passed the ball to baldy on the edge of the box, would you prefer he was left unchallenged to turn and shoot/get in the box? IMO he had to put a challenge in.

Banjax

by Banjax » 15 Jan 2007 13:21

i think he played better than expected he won't be first choice but he did the job for us

sonks was being very clumsy

Diddyroyal

by Diddyroyal » 15 Jan 2007 20:54

agreed, was surprisingly good yesterday, but still hope Murts is back sat!

De la

De la Cruz

De La

De la cruz!

look to the east

by look to the east » 15 Jan 2007 20:57

Thought he had a solid game. Good defending. It was Sonks who worried me. Kept playing with fire by not putting the ball out with Johnson constantly on his back, amongst other things. Not Sonks best game by a long way.

Diddyroyal

by Diddyroyal » 15 Jan 2007 21:00

i no, thought he was going to walk yesterday, he looked very vunerable with the pacey AJ stalking him all game

Cookie

Re: De La Cruz

by Cookie » 15 Jan 2007 21:14

bracknell loyal royal! Discuss.

Why did Coppel pick him, he's no more than League 2 quality.

And yes i'm very happy with a point but he's terrible.

He's better going forward than reactive defending, and I couldn't look when he conceeded that injury time free kick.

But what are Coppell's choices? Tell me mate

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 15 Jan 2007 21:59

Got in the way of Marcus before Johnson nodded it on, thought to myself that if he hadn't, Marcus would of punched it clear easily but... everyone makes mistakes and I didn't think he had that bad of a game other than that.

I'd get rid of him at the end of the season mind, he's old, lacking pace and we do need much stronger cover in that position.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Jan 2007 22:05

URZZ Got in the way of Marcus before Johnson nodded it on, thought to myself that if he hadn't, Marcus would of punched it clear easily.

You are taking the piss surely? :shock:

Diddyroyal

by Diddyroyal » 15 Jan 2007 22:33

utter bull, was Marcus's fault, he was in no mans land!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 15 Jan 2007 22:37

Had Marcus stayed where he was De La Cruz would have most probably headed clear, or put Johnson under enough pressure to make it that his header would have been easily saveable.

Marcus' fault, no one elses.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 16 Jan 2007 02:54

Definitely. It was DLC's header and Marcus called him off. I very much doubt AJ would have got so much shiny skin on the ball if Ulises had been left to deal with it.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 16 Jan 2007 05:52

To be honest if my name was Ulysses de la Cruz I would be so godamn chuffed with myself for having such a cool name that I would never do a day's work in my life.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 16 Jan 2007 08:37

"De La, De La Cruz, De La, De La Cruz" :lol:

fruits

by fruits » 16 Jan 2007 09:06

look to the east Thought he had a solid game. Good defending. It was Sonks who worried me. Kept playing with fire by not putting the ball out with Johnson constantly on his back, amongst other things. Not Sonks best game by a long way.

Sonks always has problems with Johnson, I have n´t checked but "La Diva" must have scored in every game he has played against Sonks.

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 16 Jan 2007 09:20

fruits
look to the east Thought he had a solid game. Good defending. It was Sonks who worried me. Kept playing with fire by not putting the ball out with Johnson constantly on his back, amongst other things. Not Sonks best game by a long way.

Sonks always has problems with Johnson, I have n´t checked but "La Diva" must have scored in every game he has played against Sonks.

Not just Sonks as apparently he has scored in the last 8 games against us.

Charles Dapper

by Charles Dapper » 16 Jan 2007 09:44

AthleticoSpizz
bracknell loyal royal! I was going to simply put 'discuss' and i wasn't refering to todays game but i'd just rather see Sodje play instead..
shut up

Obviously you're unaware that Sodje isn't a right back.

As a centre back he still lacks experience, it has to be said his clearances look like Sonko's when he 1st arrived.

For the Burnley game he was awful, yes I know he scored a goal, but he's a defender and that part of his game was sh1te.

UDC had a great game against Burnley and I felt another good performance here against Everton. I really don't think you can ask for any more from someone stepping into Murty's shoes.

look to the east

by look to the east » 16 Jan 2007 10:04

Marcus should have stayed on his line. The back four are there to pressure defenders, stay goal side and prevent the shot on goal. They did well. It was a soft header and Marcus did not have to come out to prevent it. Johnson was not really in a dangerous position until USA left his line.
Had he stayed on his line it would have been an easy catch. Even if Johnson had knocked it to the side for someone running in Marcus could have presented a blocking target. Once he left the line he was stranded and RFC were left with an open goal.
Bad bad decision Marcus.

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 16 Jan 2007 10:06

Cripple Creek To be honest if my name was Ulysses de la Cruz I would be so godamn chuffed with myself for having such a cool name that I would never do a day's work in my life.

Hear hear.

Deserving of his place on that fact alone.

226 posts