The Warnock post match moan thread

239 posts
RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 20 Jan 2007 18:58

He also has a history of sending players just to 'do a job' on another player even if it means they get sent off.

Passion is one thing but time and time again he goes over the top.

He had to sit out the first two games of this season as he was on a ban. As I recall it was a 6 match ban with 4 being suspended, guess he's going to be in the stands for a while after today.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 20 Jan 2007 18:59

It went abit over the top, but warnCOCK`s expression said it all. He wanted his players to kick us. What a nob

blade 1

by blade 1 » 20 Jan 2007 19:04

Firstly we were loosing the game and not playing well keef was sent on to try and change things not to injure hunt.

History my arse, he doesn't send players on to "do" other people and i think the fact that we were 5/6 in the disiplinacy league shows that alot of the stuff about us being a physical side is a misconception

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 20 Jan 2007 19:05

I still remember the Battle of Bramall Lane and think that there's no low he'd go to to get an advantage.

Sorry chap.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 20 Jan 2007 19:05

I don't think there's any place for Wally's behaviour in football.

But, as it's Colin, I'll make an exception in this instance.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 20 Jan 2007 19:09

Definitely guilty, but I'm glad it's Wally being the enforcer rather than one of the players.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 20 Jan 2007 19:09

Wally and Colin have a history. Has anyone else read Stan Ternent's autobiography? Wally was Assistant to Stan (not the quietest of characters himself). Warnock sent his then Assistant, Kevin Blackwell, to eavesdrop outside the dressing room door. Wally (or Stan, I can't remember) caught Kevin Blackwell and gave him a black eye. oh dear, how sad, never mind...

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 20 Jan 2007 19:09

Jerry St Clair I don't think there's any place for Wally's behaviour in football.

But, as it's Colin, I'll make an exception in this instance.

Well said Sir.

A bad job well done.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Jan 2007 19:09

2 world wars, 1 world cup If any of us (except the plastics amongst us) were down there managing our team we'd be going mental.
If I was managing Reading and one of my players did what Gillespie did I would indeed be going mental, but not at the opposition!

davis69

by davis69 » 20 Jan 2007 19:11

well done wally warnock deserves what he got if i was wally i would have smacked him one northean basturd!!!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Jan 2007 19:11

....and breathe....

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 20 Jan 2007 19:12

blade 1 Firstly we were loosing the game and not playing well keef was sent on to try and change things not to injure hunt.

History my arse, he doesn't send players on to "do" other people and i think the fact that we were 5/6 in the disiplinacy league shows that alot of the stuff about us being a physical side is a misconception

So what about when he encouraged George Santos to go on and do Andy Johnson at Brammall Lane?? That tackle is on youtube if you can't remember it.

And he got in trouble last season for encouraging players to break Gary Kelly's leg.....That's a History to me!

That said he in no way encouraged Gillespie to do Hunt. But he WAS shouting for his players to 'do' Hunt after the sending off (which led to Downes losing his cool)

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 20 Jan 2007 19:13

Warnock it wasn't as bad as it looks in the tv pictures

Is this man for real :roll:

Reading_Royal
Location: 25Mar2006 History in the making - RFC in the promised land!

by Reading_Royal » 20 Jan 2007 19:14

Why did Colin not react??? Wally would deck him, simple really! Bring bad press again to us but United started it, Colin made bad comments about Hunt and i also remember that he said he got Cech on purpose when everyone else on MOTD2 said it was an accident, obviously doesn't like Reading or some people at Reading.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Jan 2007 19:15

M4 Junction 11

mark my words, fan or not, Sheff Utd will soon decide he's not the man for the manager's job if he carries on like this. They were absolute rubbish today - he's spent a lot of money and what has he got for it? A load of cart horses.

blade 1

by blade 1 » 20 Jan 2007 19:15

So what about when he encouraged George Santos to go on and do Andy Johnson at Brammall Lane?? That tackle is on youtube if you can't remember it.

And he got in trouble last season for encouraging players to break Gary Kelly's leg.....That's a History to me!

That said he in no way encouraged Gillespie to do Hunt. But he WAS shouting for his players to 'do' Hunt after the sending off (which led to Downes losing his cool)

Santos shouldn't have been put on, most of the fans knew that there was history between then after santos had to have his face reconstructed after and elbow from the wba player the year before.

shouldn't have put him on but he didn't tell him to break him.

It was warnpck saying that gary kelly could have broken craig shorts leg last year and nothing to do ith getting our players to injure him.

I have no idea what he said about hunt, if he said that i expect he will get fined and deserve it.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Jan 2007 19:18

Royal Lady
M4 Junction 11

mark my words, fan or not, Sheff Utd will soon decide he's not the man for the manager's job if he carries on like this. They were absolute rubbish today - he's spent a lot of money and what has he got for it? A load of cart horses.
They're actually worse than last season.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Jan 2007 19:43

RIP ELM Park He also has a history of sending players just to 'do a job' on another player even if it means they get sent off.

If this is true he needs to be investigated, banned from the game and possibly arrested.

This is the one thing that's worse, more dirty and more evil than the Portuguese/ Mourinho/ Chelsea etc...

Both should be banned IMHO.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Jan 2007 19:53

blade 1 Firstly we were loosing the game and not playing well keef was sent on to try and change things not to injure hunt.

History re-written then!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 912208.stm

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 20 Jan 2007 19:58

blade 1 Santos shouldn't have been put on, most of the fans knew that there was history between then after santos had to have his face reconstructed after and elbow from the wba player the year before.

shouldn't have put him on but he didn't tell him to break him.

It was warnpck saying that gary kelly could have broken craig shorts leg last year and nothing to do ith getting our players to injure him.

I have no idea what he said about hunt, if he said that i expect he will get fined and deserve it.

He told Santos "I'll give you 20mins to do what you want"

...And he shouted "Someone break his f*cking leg" about Gary Kelly as he was p*ssed Kelly could have broken your player's leg but stayed on the pitch

//I'm currently sat with a Blades STH

239 posts