Steve Hunt - Please calm down

North East Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by North East Royal » 23 Jan 2007 16:05

:lol: This thread has made my day... unbelievable!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 23 Jan 2007 16:09

TeamTalk I did nothing wrong, claims Hunt

Stephen Hunt insists he did nothing to provoke Keith Gillespie into elbowing him in the face during Saturday's clash at the Madejski Stadium.

Hunt claims there were no cross words before the Blades substitute lashed out - and earned a place in the record books for the fastest sending off since the formation of the Premiership.

But Reading manager Steve Coppell admits he is now worried Hunt, who was involved in the incident earlier this season which ended with Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech suffering a fractured skull, runs the risk of suffering unfair media treatment.

Coppell said: "He is only singled out by reports trying to create a different angle. I read one the other day that wasn't very good.

"The Cech incident was down to interpretation but the incident on Saturday was 100% nothing to do with him [Hunt]."

Hunt told the Reading Evening Post: "I don't know why he [Gillespie] did it to be honest. It happened so quickly. He just came on and caught me in the face. Nothing had been said between the two of us. He had only been on the pitch a few seconds. It's disappointing he got sent off, but he had to go. I just got on with it. We won the game and that is the most important thing."

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2007 16:15

I fully believe him, But he is unlikely to come out in the press and say "I called Gillespie's mum a 'hideous Protestant Baboon lady who takes it up the arse from ugly midget armadillos' and also said he is the 'bastard offspring of Geoffrey Archer'" now is he.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 23 Jan 2007 16:16

Ian Royal I fully believe him, But he is unlikely to come out in the press and say "I called Gillespie's mum a 'hideous Protestant Baboon lady who takes it up the arse from ugly midget armadillos' and also said he is the 'bastard offspring of Geoffrey Archer'" now is he.

:lol:

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 23 Jan 2007 16:18

Ian Royal I fully believe him, But he is unlikely to come out in the press and say "I called Gillespie's mum a 'hideous Protestant Baboon lady who takes it up the arse from ugly midget armadillos' and also said he is the 'bastard offspring of Geoffrey Archer'" now is he.

Or the offspring of Gerry Adams, another N Irishman with a bit of a temper.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2007 16:20

ScottishRoyal

Or the offspring of Gerry Adams, another N Irishman with a bit of a temper.

Could be worse, could be the Rev Iain Paisley. Now he is a proper nasty piece of work

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Steve Hunt - Please calm down

by Forbury Lion » 23 Jan 2007 16:21

Forest Gump I felt myself wishing that he hadn't caried out the two footed tackle on the corner flag as part of the goal celebration. It seemed very inappropriate after all the aggression that had surrounded his clash with Gillespie.
Especially as the flag caught the linesman, I was worried he'd do a Paul Alcock and tumble backwards causing the ref to red card Hunt!

MOTD also showed him doing a body slam on Kingsley and I think MOTD2 commented on it too.

He'll hurt someone again (maybe himself) one day (unintentionally) if he doesn't calm down a bit..... then again.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 23 Jan 2007 16:22

He may be unorthodox but so long as he talks like this im just glad hes on our side.

3/9/1994

by 3/9/1994 » 23 Jan 2007 16:22

To be honest I'm a bit concerned with most of our team and their goal calibrations.

Poor Kingsley has been on the receiving end of some very ugly sense.

I blame Murty for scoring last season!!! :shock:

Last edited by 3/9/1994 on 23 Jan 2007 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 23 Jan 2007 16:23

SpaceCruiser
TeamTalk I did nothing wrong, claims Hunt

Stephen Hunt insists he did nothing to provoke Keith Gillespie into elbowing him in the face during Saturday's clash at the Madejski Stadium.

Hunt claims there were no cross words before the Blades substitute lashed out - and earned a place in the record books for the fastest sending off since the formation of the Premiership.

But Reading manager Steve Coppell admits he is now worried Hunt, who was involved in the incident earlier this season which ended with Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech suffering a fractured skull, runs the risk of suffering unfair media treatment.

Coppell said: "He is only singled out by reports trying to create a different angle. I read one the other day that wasn't very good.

"The Cech incident was down to interpretation but the incident on Saturday was 100% nothing to do with him [Hunt]."

Hunt told the Reading Evening Post: "I don't know why he [Gillespie] did it to be honest. It happened so quickly. He just came on and caught me in the face. Nothing had been said between the two of us. He had only been on the pitch a few seconds. It's disappointing he got sent off, but he had to go. I just got on with it. We won the game and that is the most important thing."

I don't think anyone has suggested Hunt said anything. It's not that Gillespie needs an excuse.

Anyone know if this story about a fight with Shearer is true:

"Newcastle's players went out on the town during a break in Dublin in 1997, a frolic that culminated in Phillipe Albert wearing a traffic cone on his head. Gillespie, meanwhile, was flicking bottle tops at Shearer. 'Al was saying, 'Do that one more time and I'll give you a good hiding,' David Batty reveals in his recently published autobiography. The pair went outside and then Batty saw a pair of legs in the air. 'We ran out to see Gillespie spark out in the gutter. There was blood everywhere. Allegedly, Keith had taken a swing as the two made their way towards the rear of the pub and Al had turned and decked him.'

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2007 16:24

Forbury Lion
Forest Gump I felt myself wishing that he hadn't caried out the two footed tackle on the corner flag as part of the goal celebration. It seemed very inappropriate after all the aggression that had surrounded his clash with Gillespie.
Especially as the flag caught the linesman, I was worried he'd do a Paul Alcock and tumble backwards causing the ref to red card Hunt!

MOTD also showed him doing a body slam on Kingsley and I think MOTD2 commented on it too.

He'll hurt someone again (maybe himself) one day (unintentionally) if he doesn't calm down a bit..... then again.

why not take issue with Long who tackled Kingsley to the ground in the first place or Lita who also jumped on him. Or better yet Murty who I believe started repeatedly punching Kingsley after he scored last season.

Stupid idiots, Long, Lita and Murty all need to calm down or be shipped out before they ruin our reputation.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 23 Jan 2007 16:28

higher He may be unorthodox but so long as he talks like this im just glad hes on our side.

How dare he score in such a violent-looking way! It should have been disallowed and Hunt should've been sent off!

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 23 Jan 2007 16:32

Frankly, I need to calm down. I brushed past someone on the way to the bogs on Saturday and said sorry. Who could say if I meant to hurt him, all I know is I cant live with the guilt.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 23 Jan 2007 16:35

If he doesn't stop head butting peoples elbows soon, I worry that our entire team will be tarred with the same brush...

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 23 Jan 2007 17:11

Hunty should keep doing what he is doing on the pitch. Other teams hate, and so do there fans. Its only cos they want a Hunty of there own!

I do get a bit worried when he celebrates though. Second goal he headbutted De La Cruz and nearly knocked his own teeth out, and then stamping on the corner flag. Im not worried about insensing other people, i thought he could have broke his ankle. How embarrassing would that have been? The Sheffield United fans and bench would have celebrated that im sure.

Hunty for player of the month without a doubt.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 23 Jan 2007 17:13

Basingstoke Royal I do get a bit worried when he celebrates though.

Though it beat the celebration from the last time when he was skipping and jumping around like a girl :roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Jan 2007 17:14

ScottishRoyal
Royalee How was he mocking Warnock?

Double footing the corner flag after Warnock had appeared to indicate to his players to go out and break some legs, got in a scrap and subsequently been sent from the dugout.

I'm bored of this, i've said my piece. Either agree with me or you don't, some do and most don't but as yet nobody has explained why Gillespie felt the need to throw an elbow.

As has been explained elsewhere and also on this board: He felt the need because when he came in he backed (charged) into Hunt who didn't give way. He then tried it again and when Hunt refused to give ground, flung out his elbow. Perhaps he was frustrated because a 5'9' Frodo look alike displayed more strength than him.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Jan 2007 17:23

higher He may be unorthodox but so long as he talks like this im just glad hes on our side.

That is a quality piece of finishing in any country of the world.

Top drawer.

doylefan

by doylefan » 23 Jan 2007 19:43

great finish on saturday!!! glad his celebration was better than before :lol: but loved them anyway. if he keeps scoring for us i dont care!!!

nivek elyod

by nivek elyod » 23 Jan 2007 21:25

Forest Gump I felt myself wishing that he hadn't caried out the two footed tackle on the corner flag as part of the goal celebration.

Still a brilliant celebration though, he lokked like Bruce Lee! :lol: