Thats Entertainment.......

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 22 Jan 2007 16:15

Magicman Can you put a value on happyness. I don't think so, so don't bother trying, its only money and you have to spend it somewhere.

Confuscious, he say 8)

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 22 Jan 2007 16:21

No, it became a source of amusement after the initial irritation, even if the lack of sleep got to us the next day. It felt better to listen to what was going on than try to ignore it and get all upset. The hotel didn't appear to do anything to stop them (probably only a night porter on and he didn't have the bottle to front them up - would you?) However, being a Formula 1 cheap-shack with little or no airs and graces (£30 a room, sleeps up to 3 - cheap doss-house if you're on the lash), it was probably always going to happen one night there, although we've done it for the other Liverpool games without any sign of problems.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 22 Jan 2007 16:27

3 veesinarow
Huntley & Palmer I've spent nearly £1500 on tickets this season. I would say that my entertainment value is pretty low

Evidently a man who needs his pound of flesh and a pint of blood to wash it down to make him feel he has "VFM"...

The opening day comeback.
The comeback over Spurs.
The wins over Bolton, Charlton, Man City.
Declaring against West Ham.
Away wins at Sheff U, Fulham, West Ham, leading at Villa.
Leading Man U at home, running them close(ish) in their garden shed...and the Manchester pubs.
Chelsea/Casualty FC at home (no malice intended towards the keepers), then the Boxing Day laugh-in at the Bridge.
Arsenal, yes, even watching them tear us apart at home. Painful, but how football should be played.
Newcastle, the stadium, and the night out before/after the game, even if we should have got at least a point.
Multiple visits to Liverpool and "proper" stadiums, even if the views were like looking through your letterbox at the telly...as well as the pubs.
Warnock v Wally.

The downers for me would be Wigan, Pompey, Watford, Everton (h) and the second half of Blackburn, but they're all part of the rich tapestry that is Premiership football, and you can't have all your cake and eat it...

I'm bloody loving it, me, and with three of us attending every single game, I think it'll be the thick end of £6000 all in by the end of the season - worth almost every penny.

It all depends on your point of view. From a financial viewpoint I could probably only count the following as worthwhile from a football only perspective :

Man U home/away
Boro
Tottenham
West Ham away

I have enjoyed various other trips for everything other than the footie.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 22 Jan 2007 17:05

But how is your perception of VFM based solely on the games themselves? How do you quantify getting £29-worth of "value" at home games and the "value" of away games? Are you saying you expected £48-worth of entertainment at Chelsea, but felt short-changed at an arbitrary £38.75, yet spent £36 at Old Trafford and got £43.10-worth of entertainment, so that was worth it? We have enjoyed many away trips over the years, but never so much as this season where we choose to make a weekend of it regularly (everything in the North-West and North-East really) and never come home feeling we've been short-changed...

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 22 Jan 2007 17:12

I use the patented H&P money to entertainment conversion rate i.e. if I walk away from a ground not thinking 'that was shit' then VFM has been achieved.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 26 Jan 2007 14:13

I base my VFM on the whole day out/experience cos the RFC performance on the pitch isnt everything. Quality of drinking establishments, atmosphere at ground, RFC performance, quality of football even from the opposition, incidents on and off pitch and not forgetting the result all form part of my VFM equation.

The only match days that have not provided FULL value for money were Wigan and Pompey. Although even at Pompey I thought Mendez display was semi VFM.

Perhaps Im easily pleased.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 26 Jan 2007 14:31

[quote="3 veesinarow"][quote="Huntley & Palmer"]Declaring against West Ham.
quote]

:lol: I will use that.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 26 Jan 2007 14:57

SpaceCruiser Well, the Arsenal defeat was definitely not VFM. I thought it was a waste of my money.

Some of the best football you'll ever see in your life, but it was a waste of money...

Congratulations moron.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 26 Jan 2007 15:02

Royalee
SpaceCruiser Well, the Arsenal defeat was definitely not VFM. I thought it was a waste of my money.

Some of the best football you'll ever see in your life, but it was a waste of money...

Congratulations moron.

I paid to watch Reading, not Arsenal, you f*cking retard.

Reading_Royal
Location: 25Mar2006 History in the making - RFC in the promised land!

by Reading_Royal » 26 Jan 2007 15:17

SpaceCruiser
Royalee

Congratulations moron.

I agree, was not worth the money. Yes they played fantastic but it upsets me to see Reading lose, so waste of money.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 26 Jan 2007 15:20

Reading_Royal
SpaceCruiser
Royalee

Congratulations moron.

I agree, was not worth the money. Yes they played fantastic but it upsets me to see Reading lose, so waste of money.

Exactly. Reading lose heavily = not entertainment.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 26 Jan 2007 19:06

SpaceCruiser
Reading_Royal
SpaceCruiser
Royalee

Congratulations moron.

Better entertainment than any other game we've lost this season.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Jan 2007 19:16

Royalee
SpaceCruiser
Reading_Royal
SpaceCruiser
Royalee

Congratulations moron.

Better entertainment than any other game we've lost this season.

Surely to get beaten by a team who plays beautiful football and totally shows us up is VFM, if only for the display of quality football.

I'd understand it if it was a lucky deflected goal or a Cheatski-esque dive leading to an unfair goal etc etc. But to be totally outplayed you have to call that VFM surely.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 26 Jan 2007 19:19

I wasn't expecting anything against Arsenal and just enjoyed their quality of football so I thought it was value for money, as opposed to how cheated I felt after the Chelsea game.

newbiscuit

by newbiscuit » 26 Jan 2007 20:23

SpaceCruiser
Royalee

Congratulations moron.

If you only wanted to watch Reading, you should have gone to a training session. I want to watch not only Reading and Arsenal, but also Reading v Chelsea, Sheff Utd., Wigan and so on, but want Reading to win. Must admit that we were given a fine display of football that day that was so good i had to give credit to such a deadly performance. Even that was VFM.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 26 Jan 2007 21:03

newbiscuit
SpaceCruiser
Royalee

Congratulations moron.

If you only wanted to watch Reading, you should have gone to a training session. I want to watch not only Reading and Arsenal, but also Reading v Chelsea, Sheff Utd., Wigan and so on, but want Reading to win. Must admit that we were given a fine display of football that day that was so good i had to give credit to such a deadly performance. Even that was VFM.

I don't care about the opposition, for me, value for money is when the team give 100%.

Win, lose or draw that will do me.

I go because I'm a Reading fan.

Reading 1st, 2nd and last.

If we got battered each and every time we played I doubt your VFM premise (because we lost to the better team) would hold much water after a couple of months or so.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 28 Jan 2007 14:22

Birmingham. VFM 9/10. Once again a good day out. Football wasnt the best but nearly impossible to play on that pitch. Entertainment; 3 RFC goals to celebrate, good Brum free kick, friendly pub (Brighton Arms), Fatty, easy parking, 100% from team and all for a knock down ticket price. :D

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 28 Jan 2007 14:54

Pompey, Wigan and Watford the only games I didn't feel I got vfm. Not a bad return.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 29 Jan 2007 23:05

Huntley & Palmer It all depends on your point of view. From a financial viewpoint I could probably only count the following as worthwhile from a football only perspective :

Man U home/away
Boro
Tottenham
West Ham away

I use the patented H&P money to entertainment conversion rate i.e. if I walk away from a ground not thinking 'that was shit' then VFM has been achieved.

So let me get this straight, you came away from all these games, amongst others, thinking that was shit?

West Ham at home
Away wins at Sheff U and Fulham
Chelsea at home and away

I think you are going to be in for a long wait before you get a Value for money season

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 31 Jan 2007 15:49

I'd be interested to know H and P rating for last night's game
Personally I didn't think it was not great VFM, but I stlll didn't walk way saying
That was shit