FA Cup R5 - Who did you want, because it's..... Man U Away

347 posts
HighburyRoyale

by HighburyRoyale » 30 Jan 2007 08:32

30-1 shot and we got it. THE worst draw in football

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 30 Jan 2007 08:38

We are 40/1 to win the FA cup. I wonder what price to beat Bolton in the final at Wem ber ley?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 30 Jan 2007 09:12

I am officially still hacked off with this draw, in fact the two Reading fans here in the office share the same view.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Jan 2007 09:13

readingbedding Not really, we were more or less promoted this time last year.

Okt then, 16 months ago. Better? :lol:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Jan 2007 09:15

Huntley & Palmer I am officially still hacked off with this draw, in fact the two Reading fans here in the office share the same view.

All the football fans in my office agree it's a fine draw for Reading. But then they are accountants so have a broader understanding of what the game is about.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 30 Jan 2007 09:23

Huntley & Palmer I am officially still hacked off with this draw, in fact the two Reading fans here in the office share the same view.

Agreed - not sure why, beacuse last year we'd have been wetting ourselves about going to OT.

Perhaps it's because we saw that there was a realistic possibility of getting to Wembley, and this was possibly the worst draw we could have got with that in mind.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 30 Jan 2007 09:25

I find it absolutely ridiculous that we are now in the position to call a cup match at Old Trafford a bad draw. :roll:

Adrian's Fool

by Adrian's Fool » 30 Jan 2007 09:26

Gordons Cumming I find it absolutely ridiculous that we are now in the position to call a cup match at Old Trafford a bad draw. :roll:

Or, alternatively, absolutely brilliant? :)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jan 2007 09:26

Royal Rother

All the football fans in my office agree it's a fine draw for Reading. But then they are accountants so have a broader understanding of what the game is about.

Well, they see the added £ signs. From a purely footballing point of view and the chance of progression in the competition it is, without doubt, the worst draw we could have been handed.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 30 Jan 2007 09:29

Royal Rother I am a supporter

I don't believe you.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 30 Jan 2007 09:30

Surprised with the reaction of some many posters on here. After over a century in the wilderness of football. Reading have made the top flight. If Reading are now to go a step further and win a trophy ( of meaning). We have to beat the "good teams". To do that our players need to gain the experience of playing against them on a regular basis. Man Utd are not invincible. With a Champions League fixture on the following Tuesday , Fergie is not going to risk eveything against us. At the very least the ££££££££££££££ will assist with the future developement of the club.

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 30 Jan 2007 09:44

The BBC are asking Joe Public which game they should televise...
Can't anyone make a decision anymore :roll:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sporteditors ... picks.html

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jan 2007 10:02

Lower West Surprised with the reaction of some many posters on here. After over a century in the wilderness of football. Reading have made the top flight. If Reading are now to go a step further and win a trophy ( of meaning). We have to beat the "good teams". To do that our players need to gain the experience of playing against them on a regular basis. Man Utd are not invincible. With a Champions League fixture on the following Tuesday , Fergie is not going to risk eveything against us. At the very least the ££££££££££££££ will assist with the future developement of the club.

Yes you are right, but the point most are making is that whilst you have to beat the "good teams" to win a trophy getting them in the 5th Rd makes life harder. You look at the draw as is now and you can see a team of the same current stature as us making the semis/final without having to play any of them.

That is the sort of draw we would have wanted and not getting it is a tad gutting.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 30 Jan 2007 10:12

Great Knolly The BBC are asking Joe Public which game they should televise...
Can't anyone make a decision anymore :roll:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sporteditors ... picks.html

No brainer...................Royals produce shock of the round!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 30 Jan 2007 10:34

Lower West Surprised with the reaction of some many posters on here. After over a century in the wilderness of football. Reading have made the top flight. If Reading are now to go a step further and win a trophy ( of meaning). We have to beat the "good teams". To do that our players need to gain the experience of playing against them on a regular basis. Man Utd are not invincible. With a Champions League fixture on the following Tuesday , Fergie is not going to risk eveything against us. At the very least the ££££££££££££££ will assist with the future developement of the club.

Because as always with Cup draws we get no luck. We have had relatively small fry teams for many a year in both the League and FA Cups and then, whammo, Utd and Liverpool in one season. The one season we are in the Premier League. If you look at the remaining teams in the draw then realistically, Utd and Arsenal are the two you don't want to face. Even Chelsea with their current injury problems offers an easier tie. Let's face it, RFC had their 'real' Cup tie at OT back on 30/12. Even then we were outclassed and stood no real chance of beating them, I don't see what has changed a month later.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 30 Jan 2007 11:08

higher We are 40/1 to win the FA cup. I wonder what price to beat Bolton in the final at Wem ber ley?

We were 16/1 before the draw :shock:

Actually 40/1 is damn tempting.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Jan 2007 11:12

Huntley & Palmer Because as always with Cup draws we get no luck. We have had relatively small fry teams for many a year in both the League and FA Cups and then, whammo, Utd and Liverpool in one season.

Have you considered that this just might have something to do with the fact that we've gone further in the Cups than we usually do?

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 30 Jan 2007 11:15

anyone we can beat.....couldnt have been a worse draw really....there goes the cup run!!!...maybe a blessing in disguise tho!

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 30 Jan 2007 11:37

East Stand Ste anyone we can beat.....couldnt have been a worse draw really....there goes the cup run!!!...maybe a blessing in disguise tho!

Is today random post day?

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 30 Jan 2007 11:46

rotherwick_royal
higher We are 40/1 to win the FA cup. I wonder what price to beat Bolton in the final at Wem ber ley?

We were 16/1 before the draw :shock:

Actually 40/1 is damn tempting.

50/1 on Totesport or Betdirect.

347 posts