Duberry

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Feb 2007 14:11

He is a bit slow and not the most cultured of footballers. My mate thinks he's an older version of Bramble. I think he'll do a job for us, he's done well for Stoke and he's experienced and good at organising a defence - that's the most important thing. If he's terrible then we have Bennett to come in later this year when he's fully fit/knows the team better. Think Bikey can now do what he should have done from the start - be cover for our central midfield.

I admit quick premiership strikers are probably thinking - 'yes Micky Duberry will be able to run rings around him.' But let's give him a chance.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Feb 2007 14:39

I seem to remember it being mentioned that the club usually have a list of transfer targets to cover a particular position and work through that list in order of preference until they succeed.

I suspect Duberry may not have been right at the top of the list. Indeed a colleague at work who supports Luton said that we had struck a deal with them, worth £3M, to sign Barnett. However, part of the deal was that Sodje and Halls would go to Luton but both those players turned down the move!

That having been said, I reckon Duberry will prove pretty useful cover for Sonko and we could have done a lot worse. Price seems pretty high but, despite being keen not to tell the world, I reckon the club were pretty desperate to sign an experienced replacement for Superman, so it was still largely a seller's market.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 02 Feb 2007 15:07

well Bennet is back in Ireland so he's definately not available, tbh, i think Bikey will start again, and Duberry will be on the bench instead of Pearce and Halford instead of Long as he won't be fit

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Feb 2007 16:31

Archie's penalty If he's terrible then we have Bennett to come in later this year when he's fully fit/knows the team better.

I admit quick premiership strikers are probably thinking - 'yes Micky Duberry will be able to run rings around him.' But let's give him a chance.

We've also got Halford bear in mind - I'd rather our record signing super defender comes in if Doobs is rubbish. Hard to say though.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Feb 2007 17:51

Think Halford's gonna be just as impressive in midfield. But would be good to see him at centre back as well.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 02 Feb 2007 18:08

alad
Put in an impossible position by the racist thugs he had the misfortune to call his friends.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Feb 2007 18:55

Arch
alad
Put in an impossible position by the racist thugs he had the misfortune to call his friends.

Ignore it.

Ollie Kearns is in Buxton
Location: Near the source of the UK's No 1 Natural Mineral Water

by Ollie Kearns is in Buxton » 02 Feb 2007 21:36

alad

Itz a lot less Botha than a Hovvva

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 02 Feb 2007 21:39

Oh christ it's groundhog day

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 03 Feb 2007 12:25

Michael Buberry to score first in a 3-1 Reading win 900/1.
Dooby Dooby Doo
Do Dooby Do Do
Bibbly Babbly Boo etc.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 03 Feb 2007 12:29

Arch
alad

Yet again I am forced to point out that at no stage did the prosecution suggest that there was any racial motive to the attack. The only person who did was the idiot father who went to the papers and caused the trial to collapse.

But anyway, let's concentrate talking about his football and not his loyalty.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 03 Feb 2007 12:38

Maguire
Arch
alad

Yet again I am forced to point out that at no stage did the prosecution suggest that there was any racial motive to the attack. The only person who did was the idiot father who went to the papers and caused the trial to collapse.

But anyway, let's concentrate talking about his football and not his loyalty.

What he did showed great character and a belief in right and wrong. His team mates did wrong, in that situation why should he care about loyalty?

If those were my friends, the moment I found out the details of what they did the friendship would be dead and the police would be informed. I have no time for alledged racists and thugs.

I just hope his football is as strong as his character.

rodnich

by rodnich » 03 Feb 2007 13:01

I just hope the 5 hot chicken wings he was tucking into in Nando's in the Oracle the other night have settled!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 03 Feb 2007 14:14

zac naloen If those were my friends, the moment I found out the details of what they did the friendship would be dead and the police would be informed. I have no time for alledged racists and thugs.

LOL!

If I ditched all the my mates who had ever done someone over then I'd only have about three left. Mates > Police.

ANYWAY, let's stick to football please.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 03 Feb 2007 15:53

voyeur
Maguire
zac naloen If those were my friends, the moment I found out the details of what they did the friendship would be dead and the police would be informed. I have no time for alledged racists and thugs.

LOL!

If I ditched all the my mates who had ever done someone over then I'd only have about three left. Mates > Police.

So the same amount you started with then?

Ba dom tish

:wink:

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 03 Feb 2007 15:55

Maguire

LOL!

Aren't all your mates coppers now anyway?

Or is that something I shouldn't say on here?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 03 Feb 2007 16:00

Maguire

LOL!

There's no way Doobs could keep quiet about the hateful antics of the racist thug Woodgate.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 03 Feb 2007 17:14

Maguire LOL!

If I ditched all the my mates who had ever done someone over then I'd only have about three left. .

LOLoner