Kits has a pop at Lampard

125 posts
skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 15 Aug 2006 17:58

For the love of god kitson, dont ever write a biography!

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 24 Feb 2007 09:24

RIP ELM Park And for those who can't be bothered to click the link.

EXCLUSIVE Prem star's amazing blast at 'money grabbing, self obsessed' Frank
By Scott Piecha

FRANK LAMPARD was last night labelled a coward by a fellow Premiership player for cashing in on England's World Cup failure.

Dave Kitson, a newcomer to the Premiership with Reading, has blasted the Chelsea midfielder for criticising the England setup in his autobiography Totally Frank.

Outspoken striker Kitson claims Lampard should take a share of the blame for England's dismal showing in Germany.

Kitson, a former supermarket shelf-stacker who watched the tournament while on holiday, said: "Why say things after the event when you were part of the problem and when you are just as culpable as the manager? It is disgusting. Does Frank want to tell his story or does he want to make money? It is cowardly - he was not brave enough to stand up at the time and admit we were going wrong.

"That is the self-obsessed world football has become."

Kitson, 26, makes his top-flight debut against Middlesbrough next weekend and will square up to Lampard when Chelsea visit Reading on October 14.

The flame-haired ex-Cambridge United star has also blasted FA officials for allowing former England boss Sven Goran Eriksson to pocket more than £20million despite five failed years in charge.

Kitson, who scored 22 goals for Readin glast season, added: "There are a few people at the FA who should be struck off. Eriksson has walked away with the best part of £25m and for what?

"Most of the FA board were managed by a man who is now in charge of running the Post Office and know nothing about football.

Until we get people in charge with a genuine background in the game, England fans will go on hurting.

"Our manager Steve Coppell has more knowledge of football than anyone I have ever met and he is the type of person the FA should be looking to for help."

Found this old thread - it is not big and it is not clever! Fat Frank is unlikely to have written this book himself and the real author will probably now hold a grudge against the club and take any opportunity to write negative stuff about our first premiership season ;)

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 24 Feb 2007 09:47

M4 Junction 11 Fat Frank is unlikely to have written this book himself

'Totally Frank' was actually ghost written by Oliver Holt

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 24 Feb 2007 09:50

soggy biscuit
M4 Junction 11 Fat Frank is unlikely to have written this book himself

'Totally Frank' was actually ghost written by Oliver Holt

I think that was what M4 J11 was getting at. :roll:

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 24 Feb 2007 10:00

He did such a good job at rubishing that book I'm sure it would have had an impact on sales. Though still waiting to see if Kits can do any better ;)

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Feb 2007 10:11

A journalist, quoting Kitson, "Our manager Steve Coppell has more knowledge of football than anyone I have ever met and he is the type of person the FA should be looking to for help."

Oi. Kitson. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yes Coppell is a fantastic manger (the best in England) and yes what you say is spot on and yes he should be the next England manager but you will NOT go round telling everyone or the FA will wake up and take him away from us!!!!!!!

Harold

by Harold » 24 Feb 2007 15:55

M4 Junction 11 He did such a good job at rubishing that book I'm sure it would have had an impact on sales. Though still waiting to see if Kits can do any better ;)

Can you remind me what Dave Kitson has won compared to Frank?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 24 Feb 2007 16:01

Harold
M4 Junction 11 He did such a good job at rubishing that book I'm sure it would have had an impact on sales. Though still waiting to see if Kits can do any better ;)

Does that stop him critisizing him then? If he hasn't won anything? I think not.

Harold

by Harold » 24 Feb 2007 16:32

Gordons Cumming
Harold

Does that stop him critisizing him then? If he hasn't won anything? I think not.

He can criticise all he wants - but I'm sure frank will laughing when he compares Kitsons trophy cabinet with his.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 24 Feb 2007 16:51

Harold

Can you remind me why anyone would want to read about fat Frank's life?

Harold

by Harold » 24 Feb 2007 17:05

Coppelled Streets
Harold

Who is fat Frank?

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 24 Feb 2007 17:10

Harold

So what has Fat Frank won then?

I thought it was chelsea that won the league titles and the carling cup not Frank Lump o lard. To be honest if I had spent over 300 million and won just two league titles I would be looking for someone to explain what my money has been spent on.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 24 Feb 2007 17:21

Harold
Coppelled Streets
Harold

Who is fat Frank?

Best reply EVER!

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 25 Feb 2007 00:00

Who helped F Lampard with his book, in fact probably turned Lampard thought provoking insights into a book?

I guess O Holt didn't like the criticism.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 25 Feb 2007 03:24

I think Kits is perfectly entitled to say what he says, presuming he was quizzed on his opinion rather than just decided to slag someone off without any prompting.. It makes perfectly reasonable sense. To be honest I cannot believe that anyone would read a ghost written autobiography by Frank 'rumours have it I have a very small penis' Lampard. Isn't life a bit too short, rather like his frankfurter.

Whitehurst

by Whitehurst » 25 Feb 2007 13:04

Harold
Gordons Cumming
Harold

He can criticise all he wants - but I'm sure frank will laughing when he compares Kitsons trophy cabinet with his.

Each to his own. Some of us prefer MDF.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 25 Feb 2007 14:34

The reviews on amazon are not too bad though personally I'd save some money and buy the toilet roll ... the paper also looks a lot softer!

nivek elyod

by nivek elyod » 25 Feb 2007 15:06

WHY write an autobiography at 28?!? What if he has a lifechanging experience this year, I bet he wishes he'd have waited. You can't exactly have a sequel... Totally oxf*rd 2: The Lost Chapters (hee hee) :wink:

VOR

by VOR » 25 Feb 2007 15:08

M4 Junction 11
RIP ELM Park And for those who can't be bothered to click the link.

EXCLUSIVE Prem star's amazing blast at 'money grabbing, self obsessed' Frank
By Scott Piecha

FRANK LAMPARD was last night labelled a coward by a fellow Premiership player for cashing in on England's World Cup failure.

Dave Kitson, a newcomer to the Premiership with Reading, has blasted the Chelsea midfielder for criticising the England setup in his autobiography Totally Frank.

Outspoken striker Kitson claims Lampard should take a share of the blame for England's dismal showing in Germany.

Kitson, a former supermarket shelf-stacker who watched the tournament while on holiday, said: "Why say things after the event when you were part of the problem and when you are just as culpable as the manager? It is disgusting. Does Frank want to tell his story or does he want to make money? It is cowardly - he was not brave enough to stand up at the time and admit we were going wrong.

"That is the self-obsessed world football has become."

Kitson, 26, makes his top-flight debut against Middlesbrough next weekend and will square up to Lampard when Chelsea visit Reading on October 14.

The flame-haired ex-Cambridge United star has also blasted FA officials for allowing former England boss Sven Goran Eriksson to pocket more than £20million despite five failed years in charge.

Kitson, who scored 22 goals for Readin glast season, added: "There are a few people at the FA who should be struck off. Eriksson has walked away with the best part of £25m and for what?

"Most of the FA board were managed by a man who is now in charge of running the Post Office and know nothing about football.

Until we get people in charge with a genuine background in the game, England fans will go on hurting.

"Our manager Steve Coppell has more knowledge of football than anyone I have ever met and he is the type of person the FA should be looking to for help."

Found this old thread - it is not big and it is not clever! Fat Frank is unlikely to have written this book himself and the real author will probably now hold a grudge against the club and take any opportunity to write negative stuff about our first premiership season ;)

The words nail and head spring to mind. Oh, and as far as Oliver Dolt is concerned, axe and grind.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 25 Feb 2007 17:27

I am sure that Kits would do much better also I would put money on the fact that he is intellegent enough to write it himself and not have some second rate Journo do it for him .

125 posts