Ratings Vs Man U

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 Feb 2007 09:23

Chaney
Bristol Royalz Ratings

Fed 5 first goal
DLC 7 very solid defended well
Bikey - 5 some great tackles at the end but the number of times he switched off lost position was incredible.
Ingi - 6 poor start
Shorey 7 although gave up defending second half
Gunnarsson 9 - immense
Sidwell - 7 give him some shooting boots please
Oster - 7 seemed to dwell on ball too much
Doyle 6 - not at the races
Kitson 7 - First touch was good

Subs

Little 7 - would have been an 8 if it wasn´t for his first two touches
Lita 8 - Great runs dragged defenders out always thinking off the ball great finish shame he ran ball straight out after he turned him late on

did we only have 10?.no wonder we lost

Effectivley we did have 10 till Little came on for Seol.

I would Rate Seol 3 at a push thats only because he had a good shot on goal.. he seemed to give up when the game started

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Feb 2007 16:57

Avon Royal
Royal Rother Lita was awful when he came on, apart from scoring a fantastic goal.

As I have said many times before, give him a chance that he doesn't have to think about and he is lethal, brilliant in fact - anything else forget it. He wasted several great opportunities tonight.

Yawn. Get over it, you're embarrassing yourself..........

On the contrary, I find myself embarrassed at the inability of many supporters to see Lita for what he is. A brilliant goal poacher but severely lacking in many other aspects of the game.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 28 Feb 2007 17:06

Royal Rother
Avon Royal
Royal Rother Lita was awful when he came on, apart from scoring a fantastic goal.

As I have said many times before, give him a chance that he doesn't have to think about and he is lethal, brilliant in fact - anything else forget it. He wasted several great opportunities tonight.

On the contrary, I find myself embarrassed at the inability of many supporters to see Lita for what he is. A brilliant goal poacher but severely lacking in many other aspects of the game.

PredictabLOLe!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Ratings Vs Man U

by Gordons Cumming » 28 Feb 2007 17:13

[quote="Belter!"]

Kitson 8 .......................................Took his goal well too.

quote]

That made me laugh. He couldn't effin miss........... :lol:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Feb 2007 17:24

Sorry but we conceded 3 goals in as many minutes. So how can the players be rated so highly (other than Kitson) ?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 28 Feb 2007 17:28

Big Ern Ratings

Fed 4 At fault for the first 2 goals. On this showing Marcus has nothing to worry about.
DLC 7 Always a bit suspect defending, but did some great work going forward
Bikey - 6 Was asleep for the first 6 minutes, but when we went man for man at the back he was excellent.
Ingi - 6 Did well to set up the first goal, but wasn;t comfortable with the 5 man defence at the start. As soon as we changed to 4-4-2, he looked back to his assured best
Shorey 6 Did okay, but his crossing again was woeful
Gunnarsson 9 - Best player on the pitch
Sidwell - 7 Worked hard all night
Oster - 8 Looked dangerous on both wings
Doyle - 4 - If it wasn;t for his pathetic attempt to win a penalty, woulnd't have noticed he was playing. Needs to regain match fitness
Kitson 7 - Some nice touches and in the right place at the right time to score.
Seol - 4 Woeful peformance. Did nothing all night. Only 1 decent cross from memory. Should have been subbed at half time.

Subs

Little 8 - Tore Man Utd to shreds. Should have replced the cumbersome Seol earlier
Lita 8 - Shopwed why will struggle to keep hold of him at the end of the season. Well taken goal.

SPOT ON.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 28 Feb 2007 17:31

Royal Rother
Avon Royal

I have a question, when was the last you saw Lita play?
Apart from the TV?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 28 Feb 2007 17:41

Big Ern Seol - 4 Woeful peformance. Did nothing all night. Only 1 decent cross from memory. Should have been subbed at half time.

He may not have played a great game, but he did have a cracking shot at goal which Van Der Sar did well to save. You forgot that, didn't you?

doylefan

by doylefan » 28 Feb 2007 18:46

Oster and Gunnar had amazing games!!!

Oster - looked dangerous on both wings and just kept on pushing forward. Another great corner leading to another goal!! Lets hope he keeps this going. Would love to see us start with Little on the right and Oster on the left on saturday, but i think only something major would keep hunt out of the team at the moment, but then again Coppell may suprise us again.

Gunnar - Fantastic - if only that shot had gone it!! Again kept working forward and showed no sense of easing off the pace. played extremely well. Keep hold of him Coppell.

Seol - why oh why is he still with the club? seriously it looked as if we only had ten men on the pitch until Little came on. Ive never cheered so much for a player to be subsituted than i did for him last night - driving me (and everyone else) crazy - no effort at all, clearly didnt want to be on the pitch.

Doyle - Still didnt look fully fit, but that will come in time, nice to see him back in the team though.

Fed - at fault for first two goals.

Shorey - Played ok, was getting pulled all over the place by Park.

DLC - worked hard going forward although made some mistakes defending.

Bikey - def not with it for the first 6 mins, but then went man for man and loved it when he took the ball away from Rooney :) picked up after the break, but had to be careful on times.

Ingi - Shakey to begin with , didnt look as solid as he does with murty with him and had to at times to do both his and bikeys jobs.wasnt happy with new formation, but back to usual self with 4-4-2 and set up that flick from osters corner great!

Sidwell - needs some shooting boots that hit the back of the net, again shakey to begin with but worked hard and got better as evening went on

Kitson - great header to get us back into the game#. was where we needed him to be.

Little - breath of fresh air when he came on for Seol. shows why he is keeping Seol out of the side and should have come on earlier. Tried United on the wing.

Lita - Great goal!

bassavage

by bassavage » 28 Feb 2007 19:09

Federici 6 - Should have stopped the 1st goal. Maybe should have done better for the 2nd but Saha should never have been in that position anyway. Made a few decent saves 2nd half.

De La Cruz 7 - Poor in the first 6 mins but did well after that and actually played better going forward than defending. Great cross for Leroy's goal.

Shorey 9 - Terrific. A constant threat down the left, even within the first 20 seconds where he and Seol linked up well to win a free-kick. Possibly the best English left-back avaliable at the moment.

Bikey 8 - Had it not been for that horrendous opening, he would have got a 9. Absolutely terrific in the second half.

Ingimarsson 7 - Gave the ball away to start of the 3rd goal and was left way out of position. Solid for the rest of the game. Great flick for Kitson for the 1st goal.

Gunnarsson 8 - Played well in centre midfield and he couldn't have hit that volley any better. If he had slightly mis-kicked it, it was in.

Oster 8 - Sloppy in the first half and tried to do too much at times. For the rest of the time he did very well. Another great corner for the 1st goal.

Sidwell 7 - Didn't really stand out but did his job well and was solid.

Seol 5 - Was great after 20 seconds. After that, apart from his shot that was saved in the 1st half, did nothing.

Doyle 6 - Not match fit. Non-exisistent, if he had played more games, he could have caused some serious damage.

Kitson 8 - Held the line well. In the right place at the right time for the goal and was unluck not to score again in the second half. Puts the pressure on Long to keep his 1st team place.

Subs:

Little 9 - Absolutely outstanding. I don't think I've seen him have a bad game in the last two years and no matter who he plays, he tears left-backs to pieces.

Lita 8 - Lively and energetic. Cracking header for the goal.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 28 Feb 2007 21:37

Federici 6 - Shocking start but made some decent saves thereafter and his distribution was impressive all night.
De La Cruz 7 - Good going forward, and it was his cross that led to Lita's goal. Also worked hard defensively putting in some decent tackles.
Bikey 6 - Tale of two halves and I'm sure Coppell gave him a good rollicking at half-time as he looked pretty annoyed for most of the 1st half. Absolutely woeful, even casual at times in the 1st half but immense in the 2nd half with 2 great blocks, having confidence to carry the ball out of defence, decent passing and some good skill to set up a scoring opportunity which was blocked.
Ingi 5 - Had a poor start and never recovered.
Shorey 7 - Not his best game but got better as the game went on.
Oster 7 - Looked good going forward and linked up the play well.
Sidwell 7 - Solid perfomance with some good passes and some decent shots from outside the box.
Gunnarsson 8 - MOTM. From day 1 I've thought he deserved to play in his best position in centre midfield this season and he proved why last night. Excellent closing down and tacking, kept the midfield ticking over with his passing and showed some great skill in the 2nd half typified by his great strike at the end which deserved to go in. I'm a big fan of Harper but his place must be under threat against Arsenal after this performance.
Seol 6 - Put in some decent crosses and had a great shot tipped round the post in the 1st half but lacked sparkle.
Kitson 6.5 - Apart from his goal looked ineffective in the 1st half and often when he tried things they didnt come off. 2nd half was better and he had a great header tipped away.
Doyle 6 - Worked hard for the team, but his lack of match practice showed.

Subs Little 8 - The game was crying out for Little and he duly delivered with an immense 25 mins cameo.
Lita 7.5 - Looked lively and held the ball/linked up play well. Great header for the goal.

This was after watching on TV btw...
Last edited by KC Royal on 28 Feb 2007 21:50, edited 2 times in total.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 28 Feb 2007 21:45

gunarsonn - 10 :)

RoyalBird

by RoyalBird » 28 Feb 2007 22:30

:shock:

But yeah, mainly agree with Big Ern although I would add 1 to Shorey, Bikey and Sidwell's ratings

Fife

by Fife » 28 Feb 2007 22:39

First 15mins

Fed - 1
De la - 2
Bikey - 1
Ing - 2
Shorey - 6
Seol - 5
Oster - 5
Sidwell - 2
Gun - 6
Kits - 5
Doyle - 5

Rest of game

Fed - 8
De la - 6
Ing - 6
Bikey - 8
Shorey - 9
Seol - 2
Oster - 7
Gun - 9
Sidwell - 7
Kits - 7
Doyle - 5

Little - 9
Lita - 8

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Feb 2007 22:51

So you're bored of watching him?

;)

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Feb 2007 22:55

readingbedding
Royal Rother
Avon Royal

I have a question, when was the last you saw Lita play?
Apart from the TV?

Last night, from low down in the North Stand, in an ideal position to see exactly what he was doing. You?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Mar 2007 19:01

It's a bit late for this now but I've had extremely unreliable and brief internet connection this week....

Federici has been harshly criticised for the 1st goal I feel. He was unsighted and there was a deflection (off Shorey I think) who was standing about 4 yards in front of him. How the hell he is supposed to make anything other than a "just get the body in the way" attempt to save it I don't know. Sheer bad luck, not poor 'keeping IMHO.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 01 Mar 2007 19:55

Federici - 6 After the first 6 minutes he didn't really have that many saves to make. At fault for the first goal but could do nothing about the others.

De La Cruz - 7 Excellent coming forward and strong in the tackle. When Saha drifted, he hardly gave him a sniff

Bikey - 7 At fault for the second, allowing a 60 yard long ball to bounce a yard to his left and let Saha chest it then hit it on the half volley. But otherwise solid and shut out Rooney when he came on.

Ingimarsson - 8 Solid. Hardly put a foot wrong and battled for every ball.

Shorey - 7 Hardly gave Park a sniff. Composed coming forward and had to work hard because of Seol's laziness

Oster - 6 Worked hard and looked lively, but lacked that final ball and was hesitant in the final third.

Gunnarsson - 9 MOTM Was the best player on the pitch. Got a challenge in seemingly every time, passed the ball well, won headers and hardly gave the ball away.

Seol - 3 Has bags of skill, but where was it? Had a good volley and made 1 noticeable cross. Probably the opposite to Andy Hughes (can cross but is lazy) I couldn't believe it when he let Van Der Sar leave his area to collect a loose back pass that Seol could have easily challenged for. Please improve Seol, you have the skill but need to wake up.

Sidwell - 6 Not one of his most noticeable performances and was a little slow on the first goal in terms of letting O'Shea go past him quite easily, but got stuck in.

Doyle - 6 Found the pace hard, but tried his bollocks off. Will take time to get him fully back from his injury.

Kitson - 7 Well taken goal and got stuck in against a "World Class" pair of center backs. Held up play well and was always available.

Subs

Little - 8 What hasn't been said about this man? Murked Park, O'Shea, Heinze, Silvestre & Ferdinand even though he runs slower than a washing machine. Love this bloke, if he was on earlier then we would have come back, i have no doubt.

Lita - 7 Did his job, scored a goal and looked hungry for opportunities.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

Re: Ratings Vs Man U

by URZZZZZZZZ » 01 Mar 2007 19:58

Royal Rother
URZZZZZZZZ Little : 8
Lita : 8

I'm laughing at that. Ridiculous! :lol:

Go on.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Mar 2007 20:14

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I didn't get tpo watch this match (working). I'm shocked about the seemingly unanimous view on poor Seol.

Was he REALLY that bad????

Although there were concerns as to his fitness levels as he would slow down afetr 70 mins or so he used to be awesome.

And that overwhelmingly pro-Reading report (Coppellism) heaps praise on Seol for being a reason we destroyed Man Utd in our turnaround.

So how come there are so many negative views? Is it the typical bandwagon jumping (and scapegoating) that occurs on HNA or is it truly that the guy was terrible?

I'm confused. :?