songs from last night

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 28 Feb 2007 18:13

United were loud last night but to be fair if you're 3-0 up after 6 minutes you should me!

Obsessed with their rivals though I must say, but apart from that alot of originality, constant and loud.

philM

by philM » 28 Feb 2007 18:31

Farnborough Royal United were loud last night but to be fair if you're 3-0 up after 6 minutes you should me!

Obsessed with their rivals though I must say, but apart from that alot of originality, constant and loud.

I thought their obsession with their rivals and events from years ago made "fu*k off Mourinho" seem contemporary and relevant in comparison :)

Maybe we should keep singing about Swindon and Oxford :lol:

royal_ali

by royal_ali » 28 Feb 2007 18:38

why they had to sing about ronaldo i dont no. what gets me about it was the ending to the song about England. I know England lost but shouldnt they be backing there national team. As for the shearer chant maybe he needs to come out of retirement and put on the white shirt again he cant do any worse then the England team do now

Big Dan

by Big Dan » 28 Feb 2007 18:38

"we support our local team" always makes me chuckle.
why didnt you support your local team 5 years ago?

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 28 Feb 2007 18:42

Farnborough Royal United were loud last night but to be fair if you're 3-0 up after 6 minutes you should me!

In what way were they obsessed with their rivals ?

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 28 Feb 2007 19:01

Nothing to do with last night, wasn't there but when I went up to Old Trafford, I have to say their support was fcuking brilliant. Every song was almost different and they didn't stop singing.

Brilliant songs and loud singers, even my old man says it's one of the best and loudest supports he's ever seen...remembering it is Old Trafford but still, some of their songs were fcuking class. :lol:

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 28 Feb 2007 19:03

Seal I'm in Y26 and I didn't hear a f off Mourinho chant once, so you can blame that on another part of the ground! They may be childish in Y26 sometimes but my god they're a lot better than the north stand - singing a couple of crap songs in tandem with a fcuking drummer.

Worst chant of the night was EASY from the united fans. As plastic as you can get.

No. It was definately Y26 and i know (of) the bloke who sung it. Perhaps you have selective hearing? :wink:

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 28 Feb 2007 19:18

earley_royals

In what way were they obsessed with their rivals ?

My old man said be a City fan...
This is how it feels to be City...
Build a bonfire...
Without killing anyone, we won it two times...
Merseyside is full of shit...
31 Years...

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 28 Feb 2007 19:23

Finch has always said they're obsessed. I'm surprised they didn't sing we hate leeds scum.

I've never heard of a song for fergie. :roll:

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 28 Feb 2007 19:24

Garry Mann Apart from the der ders and blue army it was all United,

You're kidding right??

Loud from start up until we got the 1st. After that I hardly heard a peep from my end (apart from the City and Shearer chants)

Shevchenko

by Shevchenko » 28 Feb 2007 22:37

AbovetheI
AndyRFC
AbovetheI
AndyRFC All Reading fans could muster up was 'F*ck off Mourniho'

God that pissed me off. I could see you getting pissed off too AngryRFC! Also, why the fcuk were Y26 sing "One Alan Shearer, there's only one Alan Shearer" :?: :?: :?:

God i hate Y26 and their plasticness. :roll:

Reading fans, being fickle since 1871

I was absolutely fuming, why the need to sing about a Portuguese tosser who has nothing to do with the game in question?

Again i agree. I did cringe especially as it was being sung to supporters that A) Were enjoying being 3-0 up and B) have some of the most original songs in the country. Pissed me off a right treat, although im not quite as extrovert as yourself. :wink:

They did have an impressive range of songs. But with about 100,000 fans across the country, they're bound to have more witty individuals who can come up with them. Shame really. We could do with a few new ones. Most opposing fans now seem to notice how few chants we have.

fester_royal_blue

by fester_royal_blue » 01 Mar 2007 00:05

AbovetheI
AndyRFC All Reading fans could muster up was 'F*ck off Mourniho'

God that pissed me off. I could see you getting pissed off too AngryRFC! Also, why the fcuk were Y26 sing "One Alan Shearer, there's only one ALan Shearer" :?: :?: :?:

God i hate Y26 and their plasticness. :roll:

:o :o :o to say im hurt isnt even close... ive sat in y26 since 2000 (previous y22) and elm parker befor that.....im plastic? no i just think its a better atmosphere down that end :evil:

ROWY

by ROWY » 01 Mar 2007 08:53

"You no doubt think that adding a new player to the end of der der der is original"

:lol:

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 01 Mar 2007 10:11

Big Dan "we support our local team" always makes me chuckle.
why didnt you support your local team 5 years ago?

I did!!

oldelmparky

by oldelmparky » 02 Mar 2007 12:30

When we went 0-3 down my son, in the East stand, said they were singing:

4-3
4-3
we're gonna win 4-3

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 02 Mar 2007 12:56

Reading songs are really unoriginal and predictable.
Reading fans do make a lot of noise though with the few songs that are actually sung by any great numbers.
Whether this makes up for the lack of originality - I very much doubt it but I do wish we could vary the songs a bit more, the Mad Stad experience always runs to a pattern but fcuk it, at least we do make noise.

(clap clap)