Seol

308 posts
Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 07 Mar 2007 17:52

HighburyRoyale Poor to boo him as he comes off, but, having said that, I hope he never plays again. His lack of effort is plain to see and VERY distressing.

I couldn't agree more £1.5m wasted on a shoe pony who isn't prepared to work hard for the team. I reckon if you spoke to one of the players I reckon they'd tell you exactly the same.

It is a shame because he is talented.

gn1982

by gn1982 » 07 Mar 2007 19:48

[quote="Scarface"][quote="HighburyRoyale"]Poor to boo him as he comes off, but, having said that, I hope he never plays again. His lack of effort is plain to see and VERY distressing.[/quote]

I couldn't agree more £1.5m wasted on a shoe pony who isn't prepared to work hard for the team. I reckon if you spoke to one of the players I reckon they'd tell you exactly the same.

It is a shame because he is talented.[/quote]

I tend to agree with the "shame because he is talented" comment. Seol has shown what he can do (first few games) but unfortunately he seems to be doing what he did at Wolves - settle in and sit back and relax.

Coppell has done the right thing by criticising him in public as he must be someone Seol respects, fair enough fans aren't happy with his work rate but it's important Coppell has had his say. Now hopefully this can be the end of the thread - some people will always boo players, others won't - we all ahve different approaches. I personally don't like personal criticism - but i do appreciate being told directly any constructive criticism so i know where i stand.

However, I would suggest Seol needs to accept that no matter how much he may not like it, there will always be critics. It is up to him to demonstrate strength of character to ignore the non-important criticism, but identify and respond positively to the stuff that is valid and from people who know what they are talking about.

Consider Andy Hughes, he wasn't that good but, if he knows he was having a poor game when in possession he would work doubly hard in other areas of the game to ensure he is not a passenger. For instance he would work his nuts off by running around the pitch, even more so than usual; to bring other players into the game and give them the space on the pitch so they can do the damage to the opposition. That was good character.

nivek elyod

by nivek elyod » 07 Mar 2007 20:22

Scarface It is a shame because he is talented.

...and you know that if there's one manager in the world who can bring out that talent, it's Stevie C.

Some people are being a little harsh - all right, he's played really poorly recently, but other players were criticised just as much before people gave them a chance. Steve Hunt to name just one, SONKS to name another...(04/05)

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 07 Mar 2007 20:23

nivek elyod

...and you know that if there's one manager in the world who can bring out that talent, it's Stevie C.

Some people are being a little harsh - all right, he's played really poorly recently, but other players were criticised just as much before people gave them a chance. Steve Hunt to name just one, SONKS to name another...(04/05)

Leroy Lita. There's a long history of slagging off good players at Reading, IMO.

nivek elyod

by nivek elyod » 07 Mar 2007 20:29

rabidbee
nivek elyod

Leroy Lita. There's a long history of slagging off good players at Reading, IMO.

Yeah, but he deserves it. How sh1t can one player be?

:wink:

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 07 Mar 2007 21:13

Was quite good tonight, but then again my mum could have been quite good against PompLoLey reserves tonight frankly.

WSRL

mattyougg

by mattyougg » 07 Mar 2007 21:27

Looked Better on the right than on the left, even if he did play there for less time.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 07 Mar 2007 22:48

mattyougg Looked Better on the right than on the left, even if he did play there for less time.

Agree with that, although his assist from the left was impressive.

308 posts