Standing at spurs

Shevchenko

Standing at spurs

by Shevchenko » 28 Mar 2007 20:24

Away at west ham, almost every reading fan stood to watch a game in an all-seater stadium, and it was brilliant (despite the fact that we had about 1 shot on target all game). The noise, the togetherness and the atmosphere all made it one of the most well supported games we've had in a long time. It's about time we did the same thing over again, and what better an opportunity than away at spurs on Sunday?

fester_royal_blue

by fester_royal_blue » 28 Mar 2007 20:29

normally im all for standing, especially away from home.. but this week im bringing my old man of somewhat a senior age so ill be (on his behalf) be most likely asking you young ones to sit down :lol: :roll:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Mar 2007 20:30

Yep, away fans do it when they come to the MadStad and our stewards, whilst hell bent on making home fans sit down, do nothing about the away fans. So we should do it too.

murts_the_god

stewards

by murts_the_god » 28 Mar 2007 21:23

ill tell you wat as an east stander im gettin pretty sick and tired of stewards having a go at me for standing up when everybody else does even though there is no one behind me as i am in row jj right at the top of the stadium .

anR

Re: stewards

by anR » 28 Mar 2007 21:45

murts_the_god ill tell you wat as an east stander im gettin pretty sick and tired of stewards having a go at me for standing up.

With every Man Utd fan standing in the South? I hear you...

fester_royal_blue

Re: stewards

by fester_royal_blue » 28 Mar 2007 21:48

murts_the_god ill tell you wat as an east stander im gettin pretty sick and tired of stewards having a go at me for standing up when everybody else does even though there is no one behind me as i am in row jj right at the top of the stadium .

totally agree, i sit 3 rows from the top in y26 and have done for a long time. almost without fail each game im told to sit down when im singing. this is why im very in favour of partial terracing in stadiums, those who like the comfy new family footy can have their pies,plastic seats n pizzas..the rest of us can enjoy good atmospheric football

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 28 Mar 2007 22:08

didn't we stand at west ham because it was raining when we got there and the seats were wet :roll:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 28 Mar 2007 22:14

M4 Junction 11 didn't we stand at west ham because it was raining when we got there and the seats were wet :roll:

Yes, the people at the front stood at the start because of the weather.

I predict everyone will sit down in the upper tier at WHL, with a few die-hards at the back of the lower tier standing (I'm 5 rows from the back and plan to stand unless I get someone behind me complaining).

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 28 Mar 2007 22:21

Having had the misfortune to go to WHL before, I shall be standing because the leg room makes Highbury seem like BA Business Class to New York.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 28 Mar 2007 22:23

Front row for me

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 28 Mar 2007 22:42

savage 4 england Front row for me

Standing?

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 28 Mar 2007 22:43

M4 Junction 11 didn't we stand at west ham because it was raining when we got there and the seats were wet :roll:

Newsflash: Reading fans in becoming Cows shocker.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 28 Mar 2007 22:43

I'd personally rather stand at Charlton.

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 28 Mar 2007 22:57

Jerry St Clair I predict everyone will sit down in the upper tier at WHL, with a few die-hards at the back of the lower tier standing (I'm 5 rows from the back and plan to stand unless I get someone behind me complaining).

I hope so, I have no plans on standing for long periods up there with the steepness of it. :shock:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 28 Mar 2007 22:59

AJ~
Jerry St Clair I predict everyone will sit down in the upper tier at WHL, with a few die-hards at the back of the lower tier standing (I'm 5 rows from the back and plan to stand unless I get someone behind me complaining).

I hope so, I have no plans on standing for long periods up there with the steepness of it. :shock:

But the square foot you'll be standing on will be flat. It's not a grass bank.
Last edited by Row Z Royal on 29 Mar 2007 13:15, edited 1 time in total.

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 28 Mar 2007 23:03

Row Z Royal
AJ~

But the square foot you'll be standing on will be flat. It's not a grass back.

I have clearly been misinformed.

OldBiscuit

Re: Standing at spurs

by OldBiscuit » 28 Mar 2007 23:27

Shevchenko Away at west ham, almost every reading fan stood to watch a game in an all-seater stadium, and it was brilliant (despite the fact that we had about 1 shot on target all game). The noise, the togetherness and the atmosphere all made it one of the most well supported games we've had in a long time. It's about time we did the same thing over again, and what better an opportunity than away at spurs on Sunday?

Are you trying to incite anti-social behaviour? I suspect a little attitude problem here. I'll get Johnny Mad to slap an ASBO on you shevchenko!

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 28 Mar 2007 23:47

Jerry St Clair
savage 4 england Front row for me

Standing?

As long as i can.

Henleyensian

by Henleyensian » 29 Mar 2007 00:19

I imagine it was because of the weather that the people in front stood at West Ham, and therefore the people behind had no alternative to standing if they wanted to watch the game.

If you have seats at the back I don't imagine anyone will ask you to sit down, but if you are in front of other people it is anti-social to stand all the time. It is hard on older people, who don't want to stand, and on children who can't see the game.

I know that there is always the argument that it was better on the South Bank but there were barriers there to lean on if you were tired of standing, and, (as I recall) children were always helped down to the front. I suppose that if Man U supporters get their way, maybe some stadia will have standing only sections, but until then the majority prefer to be able to watch the match in comfort.

Please don't stand at WHL unless you are right at the back. Some people who have seats at the back might well be happy to swap seats with you if you feel really strongly.

gn1982

by gn1982 » 29 Mar 2007 00:47

[quote="Henleyensian"]I imagine it was because of the weather that the people in front stood at West Ham, and therefore the people behind had no alternative to standing if they wanted to watch the game.

If you have seats at the back I don't imagine anyone will ask you to sit down, but if you are in front of other people it is anti-social to stand all the time. It is hard on older people, who don't want to stand, and on children who can't see the game.

I know that there is always the argument that it was better on the South Bank but there were barriers there to lean on if you were tired of standing, and, (as I recall) children were always helped down to the front. I suppose that if Man U supporters get their way, maybe some stadia will have standing only sections, but until then the majority prefer to be able to watch the match in comfort.

Please don't stand at WHL unless you are right at the back. Some people who have seats at the back might well be happy to swap seats with you if you feel really strongly.[/quote]

Valid point entirely!!! I am a young one and firmly believe everyone has the right to choose. Those who wish to sand - back of the stand, i when younger hated people standing in front of me at EP i loved (and still do)!!!