Back from the game

fool

by fool » 14 Apr 2007 21:57

From Despair To Where? Utter garbage, if you ask me. Thought Bikey, De La Cruz and Bryn were the pick of a very average bunch today.

This week has tipped me over the precipace of disillusionment with the Premiership. It's got nothing to do with our results or our run of form. I'm sure i'll get some git going "what are you moaning for, were in the top half of the premiership, things have never been this good". Well, from my perspective we have had it this good and we've had it a oxf*rd of a lot better. The soul of the game is rotten to the core in the Premiership. It's too self important and it's no longer fun.

Firstly the Poll incident. it's a clogger's charter and shouldn't be implemented unilaterally and the oxf*rd gets praised for it by the Premier League.

Secondly, El Kharkouri. Lita gets a 3 match ban and that cheating, feigning oxf*rd gets off scot free.

Thirdly, Fulham today, typical Premiership team, petty little infringements, stealing yards etc. They get warned by the ref, continue doing it and what happens? oxf*rd all.

Fourthly, the referees and linesmen, even worse than the Football League. Star struck by the bigger names and eager to please them.

Fifthly, I've seen Reading in all 4 divisions, had a season ticket since 1988, go to 35+ games a season and I'm pissed off with the lack of integrity in the Premiership. I have a near 500 mile round trip for every home game. Holy Grail? Poisoned chalice, more like. It's increasingly hard to justify to myself the expense of a season ticket for next year because I don't want to watch this self indulgent, self important shit and I don't want my team to go down that road. oxf*rd wake me up when were back in the football league

As for the Fulham fans singing "Where were you when you were shit?" Well, I was in the away end at Craven Cottage, getting hassled by over zealous coppers and soaked to the skin watching 2 extremely shit Division 3 teams attempt to play football in front of a crowd of 2,500 people. Were you in the home end? I oxf*rd doubt it. Pot and kettle, you oxf*rd, pot and oxf*rd kettle.

Now thats what I call a post!

peeping_bernal

by peeping_bernal » 14 Apr 2007 22:12

This is how I saw it today,Seol, did well getting past the players and then instead of putting the cross in, he tried to get past them again, that is and has been his problem this year.
Our poor performance, if you look back to the start of the year, we were lucky and got the bounce, loose balls ended up with us, deflections ended up good for us etc, now we are not getting them, is that a poor performance, no just luck, our last 7 games, in at least 3 or 4 of them we just haven't had the luck but as they say it will all even out, we just had ours early.
Lets stop moaning about our team, get behind them and take the rough with the smooth, they can't all be classics.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 14 Apr 2007 22:44

West Stand Man
The whole year inn Does anyone think Halford is getting a bit pissed off yet?

No, he is probably chuffed to be in a Premier League squad and being paid more than Colchester could afford.

Are you suggesting he is happy to sit on the bench every week whilst our manager publically states he is experimenting with the team, just because he is getting paid that little bit more?

I would be mightily annoyed if I was him. He should at least get some minutes, if not starts.

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 15 Apr 2007 00:40

Just want to say..... an ugly win is much more satisfying than our heroic/gallant losses of late.

warrpp

by warrpp » 15 Apr 2007 00:52

could'nt have put it better myself

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 15 Apr 2007 00:59

Wasn't all bad. Got some pizza today 8)

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 15 Apr 2007 01:10

Royal Yank Just want to say..... an ugly win is much more satisfying than our heroic/gallant losses of late.

Darn oxf*rd right. I'd take today over the "heroes with nothing to show for it" displays of 'pool and Charlton anyday

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 15 Apr 2007 04:35

Doyler
Irvinchangeyaname
Royal Lady Listening to Tim on Radio Berks after the game, you'd think we'd just been thrashed 6-0. :roll: Him and other people complaining about entertainment and value for money....I thought played all right, personally.

I listened to Radio Berks for the first time today....that bloke is shocking. I'm surprised Gooding put up with the shite he was spouting.
Agreed. To think that, first, we won, second we are 8th in our first season in the prem and third, he gets PAID to watch it, I don't see how he can have anything to complain about. Oh, and it was Joel Hufford complaining, not Tim Dellor.

Had to leave early today and couldn't believe the garbage Hufford was spouting as I drove away.....................what chance of educating the glory hunters with w@nkers like him give it large over the air :roll:

spike25

by spike25 » 15 Apr 2007 06:10

What was up with Bocanegro's assault on Doyle (maybe 80th minute)? How was that not at least a yellow card? And no foul was called at all? Unbelievable.

Also, I don't see how Bryn is getting such high marks. He missed two sitters and completely disappeared in the second half. He had about 5 good minutes in the whole game.

I thought we utterly dominated the first half, to the point where I was really enjoying watching for the first time in a few weeks. And I thought Seol was a huge part of that dominance. It's so surprising to see people say he didn't contribute, when it seemed like any offensive threat we had in the first half was coming from Seol on the right.

Anyway, I thought we did great for about the first 55 minutes and the last 5, and the other 30 were pretty miserable. Definitely lucky to escape with the full 3 points.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 15 Apr 2007 08:59

Thought Seol did well today myself, ok makes a few mistakes and isn't a run around at 100 miles an hour like a headless chicken player (ie Hunt), but his control his fantastic, his crossing is good most of the time and he contributes alot to the attack. Not bad considering he's hardly had a game since Xmas.

Was slightly worried by the performance today though and just hope it isn't an indicator of next seasons struggles. Who we buy in the summer this year is even more important than last year, we need some premiership experienced players to help us kick on from the advantage we've had of being new boys, where teams have not been able to work out how to play us.

My main worry is Kitson - haven't been impressed with him at all since his return. Doesn't look to get in the game, touch looks poor, and looks out of his depth at this level. Hope he proves me wrong because I've always thought he was out best finisher and a good target man, but I have my doubts.

Best players today for me were: Ingi (as always) DLC (never been less than excellent whenever I've seen him), and Bikey. Most "worrying" performances were Kitson and Harper (again).

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Apr 2007 09:15

Worrying to me also was that we had 2 midfielders who can't play effectively for more than 70 mins.

Which is still roughly 69 more than Harper, but still...

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 15 Apr 2007 09:23

spike25 Also, I don't see how Bryn is getting such high marks. He missed two sitters

I think missing sitters is Sidwell's speciality. Gunnarsson got his shots on target and they were saved/cleared IIRC.

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 15 Apr 2007 09:23

Most ironic chant of the day though had to be " where were you when you were shit", and that coming from fulham who set a record for buying their way to the prem :lol:[/quote]

It certainly was ironic... it's a shame they seemed to forget that chant of "We're never play you again" as well, isn't it?

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 15 Apr 2007 09:29

They should have sung it yesterday given their performance.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 15 Apr 2007 09:49

spike25 Also, I don't see how Bryn is getting such high marks. He missed two sitters

Missed 2 sitters? both shots were on target and Niemi made great saves

Compare that with the sitter Oster missed and the miss from Fulham's Pearce just before our goal

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 15 Apr 2007 10:08

spike25 What was up with Bocanegro's assault on Doyle (maybe 80th minute)? How was that not at least a yellow card? And no foul was called at all? Unbelievable.

The one where the ref had already blown for an earlier foul?

Couple of points about the ref as a few people have done nothing but moan about him.

1. It was the lino's that were crap (In our favour for a big decision. 1 -1 at HT, would we have won?)

2. Big LOL at the East Stand arm flinging at the ref after Stephen Hunts shocking challenge. Since when has a late challenge from behind not been a yellow card offence? I know we've had a few rough decisions lately, but that was one of the worst tackles from a Reading player this season.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 15 Apr 2007 10:33

Tony Le Mesmer
spike25 What was up with Bocanegro's assault on Doyle (maybe 80th minute)? How was that not at least a yellow card? And no foul was called at all? Unbelievable.

There was no earlier foul, and the ref blew very late (on the TV you can see that it is AFTER Doyle was been fouled that the ref is extending an arm to indicate a foul against Long (incorrectly).

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 15 Apr 2007 10:41

Behindu
Tony Le Mesmer

There was no earlier foul, and the ref blew very late (on the TV you can see that it is AFTER Doyle was been fouled that the ref is extending an arm to indicate a foul against Long (incorrectly).

So Longs 'foul' did take place earlier then :?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 15 Apr 2007 10:57

Tony Le Mesmer
Behindu
Tony Le Mesmer

The Longs 'foul' did take place earlier then :?

1) It was Fulham free-kick which is why Doyle didn't get anything.

2) Quite right about the Hunt tackle - how on earth did people think it wasn't a yellow card?

3) Might have already been mentioned but i'm not reading the whole thread - did Seol handball it during the second half? Nobody seemed to protest so I assume not, but it looked blatant from where I was down the other end.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Apr 2007 12:14

The Hunt challenge was bad and fully deserving of a yellow card. I was half expecting a red because it was from behind, a bit of a lunge and he had no chance of getting the ball. Followed up about 5 minutes later by a very poorly judged challenge down in the NE corner which would have seen him walk if he'd caught the player.

The challenge on Doyle, it wouldn't surprise me if the ref had seen the disallowed Fulham goal at half time and bottled the sending off because there seemed absolutely nothing wrong with Long's jump for the flick on. Shame it didn't feature on the MOTD highlights.